British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   National Registration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/national-registration-675487/)

jomac1290 Jul 6th 2010 6:26 pm

National Registration

Does anyone know when the new National Registration Body will be accepting applications I thought it was to be up and running by 1st July ?? Cant find it online am being directed to ANMC???
Thanks
Jo x

tiredwithtwins Jul 6th 2010 8:44 pm

Re: National Registration

hi,
i eventually found the link last night - took some finding i have to say!!

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/

if you click on the 'forms' link on the left hand side, it will take you to the registration forms menu - if you are applying for an aus reg for the first time you go to the overseas applicants form.
simples :D

good luck ... seems a tad more expensive than the state boards were!! :eek:

sue x

Kapri Aug 2nd 2010 7:20 pm

I am in the process of registering and had sent my first few docs to QNC.
Does anyone know if I need to resend or will it just transfer to the new national board?

tiredwithtwins Aug 3rd 2010 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kapri (Post 8747570)
Does anyone know if I need to resend or will it just transfer to the new national board?

a friend of mine had to send all his again - he had applied for reg with the vic boards and was waiting his ielts results; in the mean time they sent it all back and said he had to apply to the national board now.
not sure if qnc will be the same tho :unsure:

good luck :thumbsup:

sue :wub:

Kapri Aug 5th 2010 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 8749736)
a friend of mine had to send all his again - he had applied for reg with the vic boards and was waiting his ielts results; in the mean time they sent it all back and said he had to apply to the national board now.
not sure if qnc will be the same tho :unsure:

good luck :thumbsup:

Noooooooooooo :eek:

Sally Simpson Aug 6th 2010 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Kapri (Post 8747570)

QNC no longer exists!

bithbheo Aug 6th 2010 8:30 am

Came across this today hope it will not affect any of you ..... http://www.theaustralian.com.au/high...-1225901996268

Zana Aug 6th 2010 11:13 am

Am I being really thick here? I've been searching since yesterday the link you gave above, tiredwithtwins, but I can't seem to find the actual darn bit with the application itself, you go on applications and it gives you the standards.
Trying to do paperwork whilst your child is on holiday is a NIGHTMARE.

So, to practice, to be on the register, like I'm in the UK, you have to register with AHPRA, not AMNC...oh, the plethora of expletives I'm not allowed to post here is getting bigger by the minute. I'll take it on the other half in a minute!

Help, peeps!

Kapri Aug 6th 2010 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson (Post 8756357)
QNC no longer exists!

I know that!
Everone who was registered with QNC is now registered with the new national body - I'm hoping that it's the same for people who were in the process of registering.

tiredwithtwins Aug 6th 2010 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zana (Post 8757216)
Am I being really thick here? I've been searching since yesterday the link you gave above, tiredwithtwins, but I can't seem to find the actual darn bit with the application itself, you go on applications and it gives you the standards.
Trying to do paperwork whilst your child is on holiday is a NIGHTMARE.

So, to practice, to be on the register, like I'm in the UK, you have to register with AHPRA, not AMNC...oh, the plethora of expletives I'm not allowed to post here is getting bigger by the minute. I'll take it on the other half in a minute!

Help, peeps!

yep, the anmc is the national standards for aus nurse education - when you are applying as the main applicant for a permanent res visa (175/176) you have to have your skills assessed (like any other applicant) and its the anmc who do that. kinda like our nmc deals with overseas nurses coming to the uk.
the ahpra are the national register that replaces the state boards (also kinda like us registering with the nmc and paying our yearly ripoff to keep our pin number)
if you think that lots makes you wanna swear, wait til you get to filling in the forms ... :lol:
the overseas nurse application form is second one down ...
http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/en/Forms.aspx

Zana Aug 6th 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks Sue!
They're called forms, not applications! and it's on national boards, not on registration. Love it!
HA! Just paid my RCN and the NMC is coming in september....a grand sum of about 300 quid...apparently we can claim back the fabulous sum of 38 qiud once every 3 years, there is a form somewhere, you knew about that?
Off to bed, thanks again.

Kapri Aug 9th 2010 7:20 pm

Email received from AHPRA today

Dear Ms ****, If your application was being processed by the Queensland Nursing Board, it will have been transferred to AHPRA.

Phew :thumbsup:

tiredwithtwins Aug 9th 2010 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kapri (Post 8764531)
Email received from AHPRA today

Dear Ms ****, If your application was being processed by the Queensland Nursing Board, it will have been transferred to AHPRA.

Phew :thumbsup:

goodo :thumbsup: