miwife needs help

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

jo rizo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default miwife needs help

hi can any one help me,
i work 2 days in a private cosmetic clinic which does involve a lot of health education re weight etc, i also work at least 1 day on the midwifery bank, if i continue like this would i be able to get a 175 visa? or should i knock the clinic on the head and do more midwifery??? i have been a midwife for 16 years and a nurse for 19.
also can any one give me advise as to what order i should apply for things thnkyou
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: miwife needs help

Originally Posted by jo rizo
hi can any one help me,
i work 2 days in a private cosmetic clinic which does involve a lot of health education re weight etc, i also work at least 1 day on the midwifery bank, if i continue like this would i be able to get a 175 visa? or should i knock the clinic on the head and do more midwifery??? i have been a midwife for 16 years and a nurse for 19.
also can any one give me advise as to what order i should apply for things thnkyou
:
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:03 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

You need to be working at least 20 hours per week to qualify for the 175, I think it's minimum 20 hours for at least a year prior to applying, I might be wrong as this isn't the visa I'm on so don't know the details. Have a good read of Booklet 6 all the answers are in there.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Pom Mummy of Twins - PMT- is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi jo,
good starting points are australian immigration website - here you can see if you have enough points (120) for 175 visa, ANMC website to find information about skills assessment, i would also recommend contacting a migration agent for a free consultation once you have a list of questions.
x PMT
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:36 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

i am midwife in aus (not working as midwife) don't know much about current situation re emigration but can you get a job in australia? also consider contacting nurses board for the state you want to go to and also this lot are helpful http://www.wana.com.au/
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

thanks are you not working because there aren't any jobs or because of another reason? are jobs difficult to get? i know you need to be working 20+ hours but can this be spread between nursing and midwifery to be then able to work as a midwife
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:32 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks are you not working because there aren't any jobs or because of another reason? are jobs difficult to get? i know you need to be working 20+ hours but can this be spread between nursing and midwifery to be then able to work as a midwife
there are lots of jobs for midwives i am not practicing as i do community nursing (bit like health visiting) mid is growing and developing here i don't think it matters if nursing or mid really but i am not sure you should check with others that know..good luck got to go
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

does any one know where i could find out about working hours, looked on the link in earlier thread, but just mentions about length of service etc not what would be consider a similar job, i will need to leave clinic job and do more hours in midwifery if these jobs arn't considered to be similar jobs, work more than 20hours combined
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:30 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

there are loads of midwives who have got pr visas based on being midwifes, so dont panic - you have to have worked for a minimum of 20 hours a week for 12 months out of the previous 24 (or is it 18, im not 100% certain, booklet 6 will confirm), and you can achieve this by getting detailed statements of employment from each of your employers - but they need to be specific about your working hours (detailing each week if necessary) to show how you have aquired the 20+hours. if you look at booklet 6, the anmc site and the asco code definition for the code you are applying under you will find a lot of info on what to ensure is in your statement of employment/reference. But its ok to have more than one employer to make up your 20+ hours a week
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

hi can any one help me,
Hi,

Is your cosmetic clinic work nursing related - Did you need your nursing qual to get this job and can you claim that this job is 'by virtue of your nursing qualification' ?
In a nut shell - Do you keep your nursing qualification active by using your cosmetic clinic work ?

If you do and your nursing is still active,then you can combine the 2 jobs to make up the required 20 hours but if not then you need to look at either increasing your midwifery or picking up some other nursing work. The 20 hours is mandatory and you have to provide proof.

You will have to have an employer reference as part of the skills assessment and as long as they state that you are employed as a nurse then you should be ok.
You simply have to choose whether to have the nursing or midwifery as your ASCO code and this I think will be based on your experiences at the cosmetic clinic rather your current midwifery hours because as you know, you can claim nursing hours by doing midwifery but not midwifery hours by doing nursing. You may have to apply as a nurse rather than a midwife.
Whichever code you choose is irrelevant to your job in Australia as you will simply register in Australia as a dual qualified nurse / midwife and practice in either. The skills assessment is purely to get the visa and does not entitle you to practice or state where you have to practice.

The process seems really daunting but it is actually fairly straight forward and many do it without an agent. We did !
1. You need your skills assessed by ANMC- either modified or full skills assessment. I believe modified is cheaper but full is quicker.You need to gather loads of stuff together for the skills assessment so best to have a look on the ANMC website and make a start.
2. Once you have confirmation from ANMC, you apply for your visa and include the ANMC confirmation as part of the visa.
You cannot apply for a visa before you have your skills assessed.
3. Medicals & police checks are later along the line and you will be advised
when to get them done by your allocated case officer.

Good luck

Alison xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

thankyou soooo..... much, that is all i wanted to know, i am employed as a nurse, so there shouldn't be a problem thanks again jo
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

thankyou soooo..... much, that is all i wanted to know, i am employed as a nurse, so there shouldn't be a problem thanks again jo
Good luck Jo
Where are you headed ?

I am a Nurse/Midwife and going to the Gold Coast where I will hope to work as a Midwife at the Gold Coast hospital.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained hey !!!!

We have our visa !!
Just the house to sell !!!!!!!!!!!

PM me if you need any visa info.

Alison xx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

hopefully Brisbane, not really got the ball moving as yet, going to expo on the 5/4, didnt really know which visa to go with, going out in aug for 3 weeks to have a nosey, but would like to have got visa aplication under way, was it easy to get a job, looked at mater hospital, its huge!!! dont really know if thats the place for me? good luck
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Jo,

I havent got a job yet but I e-mailed the head of Delivery suite at the Gold Coast hospital who said there was no problem at all !
Just turn up !
She did say that she could interview me before hand if I needed guarantee of a job offer but I do not, so I guess I will simply e-mail again once I have an arrival date.
I am also considering going through Queensland Health to see if there are any relocation costs on offer !

Gold Coast is a smaller unit and more 'midwife led' so much more appealing to me than the Mater. I have a collegue who went out last year and started at the Mater but found a move to the Gold Coast hospital much better so I am only going on her info regarding the 2 units. Lots of Midwives on here work at the Mater and would give you more info.

Gold Coast area looks more appealing for us as a family as well - only an hour to Brissie if you need the City.

Will Pm you

Alison xx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

what are housing costs like on gold coast? really would prefer NOT to live in a city, country girl you see!!! how long did your visa take to sort out and what is it?? lots of questions i know thanks jo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.