MIDWIVES IN GEELONG AREA

Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough
Default MIDWIVES IN GEELONG AREA

Dear all

Im about to qualify as a midwife (3 months .......... ) and we are planning to emigrate to Australia. Ideally we would like RSMS, either sponsorship from a hospital or the state and we have chosen the Geelong area.

My question is, are there any midwives out there that currently work in hospitals in the Geelong area? Can you give me any tips, tell me who to contact, is it better to go direct to hospitals or through an agency.

Also, does anyone live in the Geelong area and is able to give me some feedback about the area. We have two little girls (5 and 9), so want a nice area to live in with good schools.

And lastly, Im beginning to panic! This was our five year plan and now Ive nearly finished my training and we put the house on the market on Friday thinking it would take 6-12 months to sell and we sold it on the first day Suddenly it all seems so real.

Reassurance anyone please? Thank you!

Karen
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MIDWIVES IN GEELONG AREA

Originally Posted by 1968_karen

Also, does anyone live in the Geelong area and is able to give me some feedback about the area. We have two little girls (5 and 9), so want a nice area to live in with good schools.
I'm originally from the Geelong area.

The hospitals are St John of God (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW3NN...eature=related) and Geelong Hospital (http://www.barwonhealth.org.au/)

There are lots of nice areas. How long/far would you be prepared to commute to work by car? I like Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads on the Bellarine Peninsular. Queenscliff may or may not be too far for you. Many people like Torquay. In Geelong proper there's Highton, East Geelong, Eastern Beach....

Avoid Whittington, Norlane, Corio, North Shore...

Are you wanting government of private schools for your girls? There are many private schools in Newtown....there's an excellent school bus service.

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Apr 19th 2009 at 9:13 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:52 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Karen,

I live in Clifton Springs which is about 22km out of Geelong, if I can be of any help just give me a shout.

Lisa
Old May 1st 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Thank you both for replying. I will be in touch.

Karen