Mater interviews/information sessions (Manchester)

Old May 23rd 2007, 5:33 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mater interviews/information sessions (Manchester)

Originally Posted by AndyandAnge

Hi JFW.
I had an interview today from mater for Oncology and i got the job straight away to start march April time. They where really freindly on the phone and they asked several questions so for other ppl going here is what they asked me:
1/ The Mater Values.
2/ The Mater philosophy of care
and how would i incorporate the philosophy into cancer nursing.
3/ My past experience in Cancer care.
4/ How would i adapt to working in Australia.
5/ Would could i give to the unit.
6/ Would i do the transition in Oncology course.
And that was it really (not to taxing) They where very freindly and has offered me $60000 per year plus $15000 relocation on full time days. They are quite happy for me to go on a 136 Permanent visa and will keep the job open until i get there. They are sending the offer in the mail to me so my visa is a little easier to get.
So were on our way to Brisbane just have to get visas sorted - cant wait everyone in the family is excited. Is there anybody going to be working in the Oncology ward? from here, i would like to have a chat and a laugh.:
Whoo hoo! Congratulations on getting your job! Hope you will be celebrating tonight! Oooh our after work drinking gang is getting bigger all the time!

Tillys, I'm not sure about the other options but she said they were promoting the 457 is that permanent or temp. You can just drop in, I did and they were really helpful.

Jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:35 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say, I have a contact mobile number for them if you want to ring them, honestly they are really nice. HR Manager is from Scotland!

jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Forgot to say, I have a contact mobile number for them if you want to ring them, honestly they are really nice. HR Manager is from Scotland!

jackie x
Hi Jackie
Just a question: is the number you have for either louise or Ali. Also i have been told the Hospital is in south brisbane but they didnt give me the actual address cos theres a few of them so wondering if you have an idea!
I am going to ring them for more info and may be that promotional DVD that they give you as i did my interview over the phone
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:12 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by AndyandAnge
Hi Jackie
Just a question: is the number you have for either louise or Ali. Also i have been told the Hospital is in south brisbane but they didnt give me the actual address cos theres a few of them so wondering if you have an idea!
I am going to ring them for more info and may be that promotional DVD that they give you as i did my interview over the phone
The number I have is for Ali. There are a number of hospitals that make up the Mater. One of them is in Bayside but I can't remember if its redland bay or Cleveland. I know there is a hospital in Cleveland but not sure if its part of the mater. The rest of the hospitals are in the centre of Brisbane close to the South Bank area.

Jackie x

I've just checked on the website, the other hospital is in Redland (bayside).

Last edited by Mrs JFW; May 23rd 2007 at 6:17 pm. Reason: checking the website
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:13 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by jam76
Hi there guys, just a reminder to all you nurses/medical profs. that Mater is interviewing and giving info sessions in Manchester Jurys Inn Hotel 23rd-26th May. (Next week!).

My g/f and myself are gonna head down on Wednesday just to get some info etc. (We're planning to start the move down under in about 1 years time) but does anyone know exactly what times the doors (so to speak) open? It doesn't mention that we need to register to come down either, it just says 'drop in'.

Has anyone been to one of these Mater things before? Worth goin to?

Did you go along Jam? what did you think?

jackie x
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

hcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant futurehcmoore1 has a brilliant future

Hello,

I have just come back from my visit to meet the crew from the Mater. All I can say is that they are a really friendly bunch and I think I got all the info I need for now.

They are sorting me out with a special password to part of their website to get secret info from

They will pay relocation costs up to $15,000 AUD for a family which includes costs of flights, shipping, accomodation it is paid on reimbursement so you give them the receipts when you arrive and they sort it out for you.

They are going to send me written confirmation of my job offer. I have come away with a stack of info leaflets and a DVD so will tell you more when I have read through them and watched the DVD.

I think from what I heard they are aiming their recruitment drive on theatre staff, and paediatric nurses. I had a good chat with the nurse manager from paediatrics and she told me they are joining up with another hospital and doing paediatric cardiac nursing including cardiac surgery. For nurses who currently work in Adult care there will be a transition course available to prepare nurses who work with adults to look after paeds if they want a change. I overheard another lady saying there wasn't much in the way of A&E vacancies, but posts in surgery and in particular orthopaedics were available.

I was there for just over an hour and came out feeling really uplifted.
It was really busy while I was there so they have generated alot of interest. They are in the UK until 1st June so if anyone want to contact them for info I have their mobile number.

Right i will get on reading all this info and see what else I can find out.

Jackie x
Hi Jackie,
Do you have any other dates/ venues that the mater crew are around, because I would be very interested in getting the same info as you. If not could you personal message me their phone number.
Thanks
Helen
Old May 24th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

FlOSSANDJO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hcmoore1
Hi Jackie,
Do you have any other dates/ venues that the mater crew are around, because I would be very interested in getting the same info as you. If not could you personal message me their phone number.
Thanks
Helen
http://www.exceptional.org.au/vacancies/uk/
Old May 24th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hello,

I have just come back from my visit to meet the crew from the Mater. All I can say is that they are a really friendly bunch and I think I got all the info I need for now.

They are sorting me out with a special password to part of their website to get secret info from

They will pay relocation costs up to $15,000 AUD for a family which includes costs of flights, shipping, accomodation it is paid on reimbursement so you give them the receipts when you arrive and they sort it out for you.

They are going to send me written confirmation of my job offer. I have come away with a stack of info leaflets and a DVD so will tell you more when I have read through them and watched the DVD.

I think from what I heard they are aiming their recruitment drive on theatre staff, and paediatric nurses. I had a good chat with the nurse manager from paediatrics and she told me they are joining up with another hospital and doing paediatric cardiac nursing including cardiac surgery. For nurses who currently work in Adult care there will be a transition course available to prepare nurses who work with adults to look after paeds if they want a change. I overheard another lady saying there wasn't much in the way of A&E vacancies, but posts in surgery and in particular orthopaedics were available.

I was there for just over an hour and came out feeling really uplifted.
It was really busy while I was there so they have generated alot of interest. They are in the UK until 1st June so if anyone want to contact them for info I have their mobile number.

Right i will get on reading all this info and see what else I can find out.

Jackie x

Hi Jackie

Hope you don't mind me asking.... Was looking to go down their tomorrow and was wondering if you noted much info on Midwifery?

Thanks

Dawn