march ANMC skills assessments?

Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: march ANMC skills assessments?

Hi Peeps i sent mine in just last week we are going through an agent and they said it would take between 6 - 8 weeks. We r in no hurry though we are hoping to emigrate to Queensland in June 2008 when my daughter finishes college.
I am a district nurse but i think i want to work in casualty as i have 10 years previous experience and fancy a bit of ' buzz ' again the community is a bit laid back and i heard you don't get a lease car in Aus. Anyone out there working in cas. in Australia.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mooncat
Hi Caroline,
It's hopefully in acute mental health just north of Brisbane. Not sure about the GP's signing the visa thing. I've had all mine done by a JP at the magistrates court at £7 per visit and am sticking with that. I'm too paranoid of doing anything even remotely outside the rules as I don't want anything delaying the process!!

How's the decorating coming?

Sarah.
Hi Sarah, Maize, Wayne and Kelly (Phew!)
Well Sarah, deorating going okay, it feels kind of weird doing your home up for others - keep having to remember to keepthings plain and simple!! Not spending a fortune on work tops and fancy stuff..
I am still a little unsure myself re getting the Gp's to do Visa stuff. Solicitor did anmc stuff. But others have used doc's and Gp's and not had problems, will see how brave I feel near the time. Mazie, hope you look into this too, may put a thead out this week, will let you know.
Welcome Wayne and Kelly, I agree with Sarah, what she says is all good stuff. The skills assessmet is the first bit and to be honset the most difficult and important, as with out it ou carn't go!! Any questions you have let us know. Kelly you will have to read and re read the forms, once it has sunk in you will be okay! It may take a few weeks to gather all your evidence, and then around 6 weeks to wait for positive assessment. Some people front load their medicals (do it before DIMA ask for them) some people are okay with this and others have come a cropper. It sound like you have 'front loaded your police checks. Think police checks last a year and medicals also (?) - Personaly I am not taking the risk and waitng until told!!(always the good girl!)
Take care one and all (bloody sunday night again!!) x
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:23 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hi Sarah, Maize, Wayne and Kelly (Phew!)
Well Sarah, deorating going okay, it feels kind of weird doing your home up for others - keep having to remember to keepthings plain and simple!! Not spending a fortune on work tops and fancy stuff..
I am still a little unsure myself re getting the Gp's to do Visa stuff. Solicitor did anmc stuff. But others have used doc's and Gp's and not had problems, will see how brave I feel near the time. Mazie, hope you look into this too, may put a thead out this week, will let you know.
Welcome Wayne and Kelly, I agree with Sarah, what she says is all good stuff. The skills assessmet is the first bit and to be honset the most difficult and important, as with out it ou carn't go!! Any questions you have let us know. Kelly you will have to read and re read the forms, once it has sunk in you will be okay! It may take a few weeks to gather all your evidence, and then around 6 weeks to wait for positive assessment. Some people front load their medicals (do it before DIMA ask for them) some people are okay with this and others have come a cropper. It sound like you have 'front loaded your police checks. Think police checks last a year and medicals also (?) - Personaly I am not taking the risk and waitng until told!!(always the good girl!)
Take care one and all (bloody sunday night again!!) x
Hi All,Welcome Wayne and kelly,
Caroline I think your right about the certifications,will just get the notary to do mine, just to be on the safe side........ Sounds like you are very busy organising your house, I have all that to start very soon, not looking forward to it.Good for you getting organised.
I alreday have my police checks done, so I will be frontloading mine also. I am right in thinking that you need to wait until you have a number once you've applied for your visa and then get the medcals done????? Also any of you getting character checks done?????
Sarah I am a mental health nurse also, going to Sunshine Caoast area, depending on the job situation. Is it the Prince Charles hosp' youare hoping to work?? I work as cpn here and would love to get into the community over there but may need to work in the wards for a while,will just wait and see what the prospects are like.
Wayne and Kelly, yes read and re - read the forms, you might wait a while to get registered with the QNC I waited 3 months for my license and reg' to come through and I am still waiting on the bloody skills assessment. Thats been about 5 weeks now, hopefully won't be much longer....
Ronnie and Debs, when I was out last year I went to visit a community team and you use their cars for your work. That is mental health though (Sunshine Coast) don't know if it's the same in adult or other areas!!
Bye just now everyone
May
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

WlksW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome guys - just good to find a forum where everyone is willing to help each other - asking on here is way easier than scouring through web sites! Talking of which - has anyone used a web site which describes the exact process to follow for different types of visa (457 mainly)?

Sarah - in answer to your question re: why 457?.....its mainly cos we have got to a point in life where we have had a little girl 7 months ago, kell is working nights, i work mon-fri 9 to 5 and we are at a stage where we need to move house and treble our mortgage just to get a decent house/area - consequently our work/life balance has gone down the pan and it will only get worse with extra mortgage stress. We have never travelled so really fancy taking the opportunity to be brave and sell the house, keep the profit in the bank, go out to Oz and test out life over there with kell working and me finding work in a couple of months in financial services. If we (and most importantly little Gemma) love it after 6-12 months and dont want to come back to this country then we will look to stay and will look into the permanent move. 457 is ideal for us in that respect as if it doesnt turn out to be what we want we can come back and at least we have had a great experience and wont have a nagging desire to do it for the rest of our lives. Think that answers it but i could go on!!!

I see what you all mean about re-reading the forms - kell has been studying them tonight and says she will need to keep going over them! Glad to hear i dont have to worry about the ANMC form for this application though!!

Sarah, you mentioned that the requirements for medicals depends on the visa you want - do you (or anyone else) know if i need them on the 457 then as im a little confused.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WlksW
Thanks for the welcome guys - just good to find a forum where everyone is willing to help each other - asking on here is way easier than scouring through web sites! Talking of which - has anyone used a web site which describes the exact process to follow for different types of visa (457 mainly)?

Sarah - in answer to your question re: why 457?.....its mainly cos we have got to a point in life where we have had a little girl 7 months ago, kell is working nights, i work mon-fri 9 to 5 and we are at a stage where we need to move house and treble our mortgage just to get a decent house/area - consequently our work/life balance has gone down the pan and it will only get worse with extra mortgage stress. We have never travelled so really fancy taking the opportunity to be brave and sell the house, keep the profit in the bank, go out to Oz and test out life over there with kell working and me finding work in a couple of months in financial services. If we (and most importantly little Gemma) love it after 6-12 months and dont want to come back to this country then we will look to stay and will look into the permanent move. 457 is ideal for us in that respect as if it doesnt turn out to be what we want we can come back and at least we have had a great experience and wont have a nagging desire to do it for the rest of our lives. Think that answers it but i could go on!!!

I see what you all mean about re-reading the forms - kell has been studying them tonight and says she will need to keep going over them! Glad to hear i dont have to worry about the ANMC form for this application though!!

Sarah, you mentioned that the requirements for medicals depends on the visa you want - do you (or anyone else) know if i need them on the 457 then as im a little confused.
Maizie, I put thread out last night re Gp's doing visa stuff..Reply's show that alot of people have used doctors and even nurses... Moderater also posted, saying that although maybe okay it could also be rejected...
Maybe best to play it safe??
Caroline
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maizie
Hi All,Welcome Wayne and kelly,
Caroline I think your right about the certifications,will just get the notary to do mine, just to be on the safe side........ Sounds like you are very busy organising your house, I have all that to start very soon, not looking forward to it.Good for you getting organised.
I alreday have my police checks done, so I will be frontloading mine also. I am right in thinking that you need to wait until you have a number once you've applied for your visa and then get the medcals done????? Also any of you getting character checks done?????
Sarah I am a mental health nurse also, going to Sunshine Caoast area, depending on the job situation. Is it the Prince Charles hosp' youare hoping to work?? I work as cpn here and would love to get into the community over there but may need to work in the wards for a while,will just wait and see what the prospects are like.
Wayne and Kelly, yes read and re - read the forms, you might wait a while to get registered with the QNC I waited 3 months for my license and reg' to come through and I am still waiting on the bloody skills assessment. Thats been about 5 weeks now, hopefully won't be much longer....
Ronnie and Debs, when I was out last year I went to visit a community team and you use their cars for your work. That is mental health though (Sunshine Coast) don't know if it's the same in adult or other areas!!
Bye just now everyone
May
Hi May,
sorry for the delay, have been away this week. Yes, it was the Prince Charles I was hoping for but my references have said that QLD contacted them and said I was going to the Gold Coast hospital so who knows. Not that bothered really. Know what you mean about working on the wards. They said to me that community is something I could do despite me telling them about the situation over here, it apparently doesn't work the same over there. However, think I would be more confident geting some acute experience first as working on the wards gives you a good basic knowledgde of the system and the laws etc so that's my plan. Where and when are you going?

Sarah
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WlksW

Hi ayne,
sorry for the delay.
totally understand the reasons for thr 457 now so yes, no more explanation needed. As far as the medicals go, Kelly, as the nurse and visa applicant, will need a full medical and you will just need x ray. The medicals are valid for 6 months so if you do plan on staying you will have to re do them anyway. Some people have done full medicals for all members of family and have been stung by having to re do them and thus paid twice but this is not necessary. Hope this helps.
Good luck to you both. Keep firing the questions if needed Wayne!

Sarah.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:06 pm
Maizie

Hi Mooncat,
Good to hear from you. I had thought about goingfor a job also at the prince charles but I am waiting to see what else comes up. I have been checking out quite a few oz agencies and there is a wealth of posts. Seek australia,affinity nursing , healthstaff austrlia are worth a look, esp' if you fancy wirk in the brisaben area or the tropical north.
Still no word from the ANMC, think I will e mail them as I have been waiting ages, will let you know how I get on......
All the best May
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future
Smile Re: march ANMC skills assessments?

Hi Ive also posted my form to the anmc this month,its been 2 weeks now had confirmation back to say they have received it. its going to be a long wait I feel.Are you RGN Im RSCN Keep me posted on how you get on.Where do you plan on settling?Do you have you got children? Ive applied as the main applicant, pressures all on me, thanks Trudi

Last edited by sophjam; Mar 26th 2007 at 10:00 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi Ive also posted my form to the anmc this month,its been 2 weeks now had confirmation back. its going to be a long wait I feel.Are you RGN Im RSCN Keep me posted on how you get on.Where do you plan on settling?Do you have you got children? Ive applied as the main applicant, pressures all on me, thanks Trudi

HI Trudi,

No, I'm RMN and am heading for Brisbane or the gold coast. Yes, I have 2 kids...9 year old girl and 8 year old boy. I'm also the main applicant so know what you mean. By the way, what's RSCN?

Sarah
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hi RSCN stands for registered sick childrens nurse.I am a community childrens nurse, Im hoping to settle in cairns as we have my brother in law and his wife there already its a lovely place.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,
Has anyone any news yet??? Keeping going to the mail box afterwork and feeling crappy when the only thing we are getting are sodding bills!! Desperate for nurses my arse!!
Caroline - thats to the ANMC
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

hi sophjam, i am a childrens community nurse also looking to settle in Cairns, we too have a brother living there waiting to hear from anc at the mo, wot a small world eh! would love to keep in touch with you, only posted mine two weeks ago and getting inpatient already, wot visa you applying for
take care, Rach
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi nice to hear from you, Im applying for a 136 visa.It is a small world do you think we will get a job then in oz.Was a bit worried as they dont train rscns in oz just rgns im really impatient too dont know whether to do my police checks while im waiting, ive posted off my cv today to the cairns base hospitaL to test the water. we might be heading off aroud the same time would be great to keep in touch Rachael
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:38 pm
Maizie

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi nice to hear from you, Im applying for a 136 visa.It is a small world do you think we will get a job then in oz.Was a bit worried as they dont train rscns in oz just rgns im really impatient too dont know whether to do my police checks while im waiting, ive posted off my cv today to the cairns base hospitaL to test the water. we might be heading off aroud the same time would be great to keep in touch Rachael
Hiya all,
Welcome Trudi, thinkI may have a e mailed you already via timeline!!!!!!
I am RMN and hoping to go to the Sunshine Coast, have sister in law there and visited last year, beautiful place.
Well girls I e mailed the ANMC yesterday and have heard nothing- a big fat zero....... Think I will just give them a call that's been 6 weeks now and ziltch...
take it easy now
May

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.