Manchester Triage in ED's Brisbane

Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

nosegold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manchester Triage in ED's Brisbane

Hi,

I will be working in one of the Emergency Departments in Brisbane, once I finally get QNC registration. Is the Manchester Triage system used in Australia? I appreciate that I may have to undergo some form of triage training to show my competency, but will I be able to triage or do you have to be a certain grade?

Thanks

Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: Manchester Triage in ED's Brisbane

Originally Posted by nosegold
Hi,

I will be working in one of the Emergency Departments in Brisbane, once I finally get QNC registration. Is the Manchester Triage system used in Australia? I appreciate that I may have to undergo some form of triage training to show my competency, but will I be able to triage or do you have to be a certain grade?

Thanks

G'day !!
Yes , they use Manchester but it's called the Australasian triage.Here's a link, waiting times are slightly different.

http://www.acem.org.au/media/policie...-_Nov_2000.pdf

You might be recognised immediately on presentation of certificates , or you might be like me and get absolutely no recognition of prior learning whatsoever.Very frustrating and makes me very angry but I'm now "over it" and re-training under the Australian equivalent certificates.I get payed the same rate as I would have anyway, I just don't work as hard for it.You have to remember why you want to move and I guarantee if it's for a career move , you're making the wrong choice. Same shit(worse for some people) shinier bucket !!
All the best,
Tass.x
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:08 am
Just Joined

nosegold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manchester Triage in ED's Brisbane

Thanks for all the info Tass, very helpful. I think I will just have to go with the flow when I get there and be prepared for anything. OMG, the waiting times were a bit of a surprise though.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

Im moving from an ED in Perth to Brisbane, Im expecting to be reorientated to those areas such as triage, resus. log. At the hospital I currently work at staff also have to undertake ALS prior to looking after monitered patients.

The grade you get will depend on your years experience and not what areas you are covering. I hate triage anyway so I will be glad of a break.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

finona is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it depends on how desperate and short staffed the hospital is you work for lol.

Last edited by finona; Nov 25th 2008 at 1:24 pm. Reason: spelling