just got back from reccie

Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice
Default just got back from reccie

skills assessment finally turned up 2 weeks before my reccie so decided to sit on the visa app till we got back, just in case we hated it.
but wow i love Adelaide, Matt is totally in love with the place and didnt want to come back. he hasnt taken his skippy hat off since we got back and keeps asking for flat whites instead of coffee.
we did all the usual tourist stuff watched penguins, fed a disgraceful amount of kangaroos, cuddled koalas and got bitten by a potteroo (but it was cute).
Rundle mall ...wow hide the credit cards central market amazing, the SA tourist board is seriously underselling itself.
Everyone was so friendly and chatty and helpful particually the hotel staff who were all absolutely brilliant.

my visa app is getting posted asap. a reccie is definatley reccomended even if you are completely sure about going to put your mind at rest.
mandy and matt
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all
Default Re: just got back from reccie

Sounds like you had a great time!

Did you check out any employers?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice

Matt had an interview and got offered a driving job which is great for a start. i looked at a few hospitals from afar but didnt go in as id left contact details at home, however RAH is expanding into a new hospital soon and looking for loads of new nurses so hopefully shouldnt be too much of a problem.
they asked me to email for an application form when i was ready months ago when i first emailed them so i think that might be the next thing on my llist.
mandy
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by magicsprout
Matt had an interview and got offered a driving job which is great for a start. i looked at a few hospitals from afar but didnt go in as id left contact details at home, however RAH is expanding into a new hospital soon and looking for loads of new nurses so hopefully shouldnt be too much of a problem.
they asked me to email for an application form when i was ready months ago when i first emailed them so i think that might be the next thing on my llist.
mandy
Nice one Mandy,
I was the same when I went on a reccie...wouldn't have come back at all if I had already finished my training. Bloody great place isn't it?! This will help you speed everything up now then. Is Matt getting sponsored now then or are you going for PR?

Sarah
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

we are going pr trying to print out the forms at the moment but some of the fields in the pdf keep coming out upside down, wierd!.
really regretting not sending it in before we went but didnt want to blow 800 quid if we didnt like it out there.
cant believe it might be nearly a year before we can go back