It's started !

Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: It's started !

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hi, I am not far from Congleton - so in the scheme of things, not too far.
A load of us from the area are meeting on the 10th in the Moorland Pub, Moorland Rd (7pm) in Burslem for a drink - see 'any future Aussies from the Stoke-on Trent' thread on the Aus/NZ immigration forum (about 30 including about 5 nurses)
What Visa are you going on?
Re house - I had 5 viewers in 3 days initially, but none for a week - all like the house, but too isolated for them! Congleton is 6 miles away, Kidsgrove is 2!
Like I said in earlier post, NBV is also on a go-slow as they have been swamped by applications from non-english speaking countries - still hope to be in Oz by Feb though. I am going for a 457 - with a view to applying for PR once there.
See if you can make pub on the 10th?
Cas
Thanks Cas, I am away on Friday but I will see if I can back in time for a drink. We are applying, when we get nursing registration through (yawn) for a PR visa (like to have certainty) and like you were trying to get there for early 2005 but I think this is getting more unlikely. I winder now whether to go for a temp visa which may be quicker.

Despite Jez's challenge of sell now and be damned! I am going to wait and enjoy the increase in value until the last minute and then bank on a swift sale- its a nice house, though I say so myself.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RAG62
Jez,
Dont go to Melbourne - too big, windy, wet and cold - I know your a bit of an anorak and will enjoy taking down the tram numbers but you can do that in Sheffield, Manchester etc. Stick with Brisbane or join us, the smart set, in Adelaide - though we wont allow Big Tops to be put up in the back garden.

In fact now I think of it Adelaide has trams as well so you will be in heaven!
Adelaide
Melbourne

Not a lot of difference in the sunshine stakes ....

I'm choosing to ignore the anorak slur (although I've just mentioned it .... DAMN!) ... and will probably adjust your big top priviliges, and put you in with the toads ....
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: It's started !

Thanks Cas, I am away on Friday but I will see if I can back in time for a drink. We are applying, when we get nursing registration through (yawn) for a PR visa (like to have certainty) and like you were trying to get there for early 2005 but I think this is getting more unlikely. I winder now whether to go for a temp visa which may be quicker.

Despite Jez's challenge of sell now and be damned! I am going to wait and enjoy the increase in value until the last minute and then bank on a swift sale- its a nice house, though I say so myself.
Rich ... why are you pessimistic about early 2005?? How much more d'ya have to do before your visa app can go off???

Also ....
wait and enjoy the increase in value
... check this out ... although there's loads of stuff out there contradicting this ... I couldn't resist! ('anorak' indeed .... )
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ecando
Also .... ... check this out ... although there's loads of stuff out there contradicting this ... I couldn't resist! : ('anorak' indeed .... )
I just knew you would throw this one back at me A temporary blip old boy, you watch there will continue to be a steady increase in house prices even a 1% increase is worth having.

"Rich ... why are you pessimistic about early 2005?? How much more d'ya have to do before your visa app can go off???"
Me pessimistic - deeply offended Well.... we are still waiting assessment by the NBSA, then we have to register with them. Then we have to get ANC and then we apply for Visa. Must be end of Jan at least. Then we sell house (quickly !) etc so probably summer before we go.

Re your note about the sunshine in Adelaide and Melbourne. Of course 98% of stats are made up . Dont go by sunshine alone - look at temp and rain fall. Adelaide is nice & dry and warmer generally speaking.

I have been getting daily weather reports off Yahoo http://weather.yahoo.com/regional/ASXX.html and you can compare 4 cities and Ade is better (!) than Mel but Bris has been warmer than Ade this winter.

My B-in-law- has lived in Mel and he says it is a very big city and commuting can be bad. But I guess if you are planning living in the sticks setting up your anorak repair business (needed for the wet weather of Mel) then you'll be fine (always luv a bit of sarcasm).
Old Sep 4th 2004, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well.... we are still waiting assessment by the NBSA, then we have to register with them. Then we have to get ANC and then we apply for Visa.
Well ... when we applied to QLD Nursing Board(money well spent now we're thinking of switching states ) it was a very quick process ... just sent of the filled out forms, and heard back within 3 weeks ... I believe Nikkers heard back quicker than that! Cann't understand this assessment malarky, and ANC does this .... but me no nurse ... just an ARG (Anorak Repair Guy)

As to the weather .. before a civil war breaks out .... not too fussed about slight differences in weather ... I was a little concerned about the heat in Brissie (have such soft and sensitive skin), and feel that Mellie (not quite the same ring to it!) may be a problem ... hey ho ... who cares so long as we all get there ! LOL
Old Sep 4th 2004, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

.... but me just an ARG (Anorak Repair Guy)

As to the weather .. before a civil war breaks out .... not too fussed about slight differences in weather ... I was a little concerned about the heat in Brissie (have such soft and sensitive skin), and feel that Mellie (not quite the same ring to it!) may be a problem ... hey ho ... who cares so long as we all get there ! LOL
Dear ARG,
Know what you mean but it is best to get it right at the start if you can but like you we have not been to Aus before so its all a bit of a stab in the dark really. Weather is just one factor and until you been there, tried it etc you can never know what's best for you.
Rich
PS Try Johnson's baby oil for your skin
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dear ARG,
Know what you mean but it is best to get it right at the start if you can but like you we have not been to Aus before so its all a bit of a stab in the dark really. Weather is just one factor and until you been there, tried it etc you can never know what's best for you.
Rich
PS Try Johnson's baby oil for your skin

a stab in the dark
Johnson's baby oil
You ARE a wicked man .. suit you Sir!!!!! Bet Mrs RAG62 is kept happy ! LOL

Know what ya mean though ... it's all good fun .... just GUESS on where to take the family off to! :scared:
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Jez,
Dont go to Melbourne - too big, windy, wet and cold - I know your a bit of an anorak and will enjoy taking down the tram numbers but you can do that in Sheffield, Manchester etc. Stick with Brisbane or join us, the smart set, in Adelaide - though we wont allow Big Tops to be put up in the back garden.

In fact now I think of it Adelaide has trams as well so you will be in heaven!
Yeahh mr Anorak come to ADDY with us tooo!

No don't please go to Melbourne or Brissy, don't want too much competition on the job front!!!

Lisa
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by primrose
Yeahh mr Anorak come to ADDY with us tooo!

No don't please go to Melbourne or Brissy, don't want too much competition on the job front!!!

Lisa
OK ... all references to anoraks must stop .... it took a lot of money and many years of counselling to recover form the last 'incident' and I doubt that poor lad will ever walk in a staright line again ! LOL

Rich, Adelaide ... ???? Not considered it .....hang on .... yep, just told the family we're off to Adelaide now ...... don't ever call me fickle.
Sorry Lisa ... BIG competition now ... you might as well not bother going now?! (I'll just re-read my 'Nursing for Dummies' book).

Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rich, Adelaide ... ???? Not considered it .....hang on .... yep, just told the family we're off to Adelaide now ...... don't ever call me fickle.

Damn, that back fired on me.
Wouldn't it be odd if we all end up as neighbours...hey that would be a good idea for a TV series....Ex-pats Close.....hmmmmm........
Old Sep 6th 2004, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, that back fired on me.
Wouldn't it be odd if we all end up as neighbours...hey that would be a good idea for a TV series....Ex-pats Close.....hmmmmm........
Hey ! Who started this thread ! We should be neighbours in Melbourne where I am going!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't desert me!!
Cas
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hey ! Who started this thread ! We should be neighbours in Melbourne where I am going!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't desert me!!
Cas
OK CAs ... Melbourne it is then !
(Sorry Rich .. just have to see me at holidays and occasional weekends!)
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK CAs ... Melbourne it is then !
(Sorry Rich .. just have to see me at holidays and occasional weekends!)
Well, it's just down the road isn't it? !!
Look Jez, just because CAS is female doesn't mean you switch states at the drop of a can of Fosters. I thought I was indecisive. Get a grip man.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Well, it's just down the road isn't it? !!
Look Jez, just because CAS is female doesn't mean you switch states at the drop of a can of Fosters. I thought I was indecisive. Get a grip man.
Yes he can! If fact if we all go to Melbourne we could just meet instead of being stuck in front of the PC on this forum.......I was late for work the other day because I couldn't stop posting messages.
Cas
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Richard, have you got your registration back yet - if so how long did it take?
I'm waiting for mine - once got I'll hopefully get a job within a month, then visa a couple of months after that - I could be in Oz for Christmas!!! Oh, there I go dreaming again..............
Cas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.