It's started !

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's started !

Originally Posted by suemalpass
hey caroline...how lucky are you selling your house so quickly... we haven't had a single viewer yet!!!! not panicking tho@(not much). shaun and i have our hospital interviews on thursday morning...taking police checks in today.....still ploughing ahead...it's really exciting but kinda daunting too. i'm off all of this week but will ring you next week to get an update
sue
Hey Sue - hospital interview !!!! How did it go - sent you a private message with my home and mobile phone number - let me know, I'm so excited for you both.
My agent (Affinity Nursing) said that once a job has been got Nomination number should come in 2-4 weeks, then once DIMIA has received the Visa application, the processing takes 4 weeks - have you heard the same - you could be eating your Christamas pud on a beach !! (And I don't mean Blackpool)
Cas
Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

AngnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

This means my journey to Oz has begun and that means I am excited - so just wanted to tell someone who understands.
Caroline[/QUOTE]

Hi Caroline,
we too have the same feelings of excitement. As a district nurse I have told ALL of my patients. This sometimes is a problem - when DIMIA are being extremely slow and I get sick of having to tell each and every one of them that "no, we STILL haven't got our visa and no we haven't heard anything else either". I think it's the silences that I hate most. We lodged our visa on line and were hoping that it would be the quicker option, mmmm......the naive optimism!!
Angie
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Hi Ecando, referring to applying for nurse registration from the Nurses Board of Victoria - with 457 visa you apply for reg, then get interviewed/job, (pack in job in uk at this point) then get sponsorship nomination number, then get for visa (quote of 4 weeks to get it), then get on plane (hopefully for me that will be Feb time)
Cas
Hi Caroline .... where in Victoria are you heading for??

Jez

Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
Hi Caroline .... where in Victoria are you heading for??

Jez

Hi Jez, Up to now it seems that will be heading for the Sunshine Hospital in St Albans....if they give me a job!
What about your goodself?
Cas
Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jez, Up to now it seems that will be heading for the Sunshine Hospital in St Albans....if they give me a job!
What about your goodself?
Cas
Cas, to be honest ... we don't know! We're undecided between Melbourne and Brisbane .... up to now we've been heading towards Brisbane, but ....

As time goes on, we're becoming more in favour of Melbourne ... but who knows!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Dear Caroline et al....

Thought I would join this thread as it seems quite a bubbly one!

My wife is a practice nurse and we are heading for Adelaide but as Ecando mentioned applying to regaister with the NBSA is very slow- months not weeks. (feels like years).

Caroline, you mentioned that you live in a Cheshire village. We live near Northwich - are you close? Would be interested in how long it takes you to sell your house as the national scene is that of a slower market but locally it seems okay at the moment. I am not brave enough to put the house up for sale until we know for sure that we have got a visa (unlike Jez who is going for it with guns blazing - Jez, I think you should change your picture from an alien to Clint Eastwood).
We have been a bit cautious about telling all and sundry about our intended migration - none of our employers know and only our closest friends and rellies.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Dear Caroline et al....

My wife is a practice nurse and we are heading for Adelaide but as Ecando mentioned applying to regaister with the NBSA is very slow- months not weeks. (feels like years).

Caroline, you mentioned that you live in a Cheshire village. We live near Northwich - are you close? Would be interested in how long it takes you to sell your house as the national scene is that of a slower market but locally it seems okay at the moment. I am not brave enough to put the house up for sale until we know for sure that we have got a visa (unlike Jez who is going for it with guns blazing - Jez, I think you should change your picture from an alien to Clint Eastwood).
We have been a bit cautious about telling all and sundry about our intended migration - none of our employers know and only our closest friends and rellies.
Rich ... just put it on the market ! Jump in with both feet ... if it turns out to be 'manure' ... then ... well worry about cleaning your shoes then ! (No I haven't been drinking ... yet!)

Get an estate agent round at least .... you don't have to sell yet though!!? Tass has even sold her house ... and then rented it back ...

Adelaide will be close enough for a visit then if we switch states!

My picture ... d'ya reckon?? OK ... I'll see what I can do .... (drunken nights in front of the computer crafting a new image then ...)

Old Sep 4th 2004, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RAG62
Dear Caroline et al....

Hi, I am not far from Congleton - so in the scheme of things, not too far.
A load of us from the area are meeting on the 10th in the Moorland Pub, Moorland Rd (7pm) in Burslem for a drink - see 'any future Aussies from the Stoke-on Trent' thread on the Aus/NZ immigration forum (about 30 including about 5 nurses)
What Visa are you going on?
Re house - I had 5 viewers in 3 days initially, but none for a week - all like the house, but too isolated for them! Congleton is 6 miles away, Kidsgrove is 2!
Like I said in earlier post, NBV is also on a go-slow as they have been swamped by applications from non-english speaking countries - still hope to be in Oz by Feb though. I am going for a 457 - with a view to applying for PR once there.
See if you can make pub on the 10th?
Cas
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Cas, to be honest ... we don't know! We're undecided between Melbourne and Brisbane .... up to now we've been heading towards Brisbane, but ....

As time goes on, we're becoming more in favour of Melbourne ... but who knows!
Hi Jez, when are you hoping to be in Oz?
OMG - look at the time - work calling!!!!!!!!!! Ok just another 10 mins........
Cas
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jez, when are you hoping to be in Oz?
OMG - look at the time - work calling!!!!!!!!!! Ok just another 10 mins........
Cas
Tomorrow would be nice !

We applied mid July, so 4-6 months on from then?? Just before, or just after Christmas ... Ideally early November .. andy later, then you have to say we'd stay for Christmas, then fly out in the New Year ....

Jez

Now ... get to work !
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AngnPaul
This means my journey to Oz has begun and that means I am excited - so just wanted to tell someone who understands.
Caroline

Hi Caroline,
we too have the same feelings of excitement. As a district nurse I have told ALL of my patients. This sometimes is a problem - when DIMIA are being extremely slow and I get sick of having to tell each and every one of them that "no, we STILL haven't got our visa and no we haven't heard anything else either". I think it's the silences that I hate most. We lodged our visa on line and were hoping that it would be the quicker option, mmmm......the naive optimism!!
Angie [/QUOTE]

I've told all my patients too, but seeing as they have dementia then I have the joy of telling them all again 'for the first time' so to speak and enjoying their reaction all over again !! Oh, how cruel!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I've told all my patients too, but seeing as they have dementia then I have the joy of telling them all again 'for the first time' so to speak and enjoying their reaction all over again !! Oh, how cruel!
LOL

YOU BAD nurse ..... VERY funny though
Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:36 am
Account Closed

Tomorrow would be nice !

We applied mid July, so 4-6 months on from then?? Just before, or just after Christmas ... Ideally early November .. andy later, then you have to say we'd stay for Christmas, then fly out in the New Year ....

Jez

Now ... get to work !
Going - one more cig and a coffee and I'm off......this is addictive isn't it?
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Going - one more cig and a coffee and I'm off......this is addictive isn't it?
... so's cigs and coffee!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Jez,
Dont go to Melbourne - too big, windy, wet and cold - I know your a bit of an anorak and will enjoy taking down the tram numbers but you can do that in Sheffield, Manchester etc. Stick with Brisbane or join us, the smart set, in Adelaide - though we wont allow Big Tops to be put up in the back garden.

In fact now I think of it Adelaide has trams as well so you will be in heaven!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.