Interview in manchester!

Old May 1st 2007, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default Re: Interview in manchester!

Originally Posted by nursesarah
just a qucik update to let you all know I got my QNC reg through this morning!!

Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling. It'll all come together now and hopefully go really quickly. Have they got your refs etc? Whats the next step then?

Sarah
Old May 10th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mooncat

Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling. It'll all come together now and hopefully go really quickly. Have they got your refs etc? Whats the next step then?

Sarah
Hey Sarah,

They have got my references now and have been in contact and asked me to fill out some details so they can apply to sponsor me for a visa and also asked for my QNC reg number, so I'm just waiting to get my sponsorship number from them now, then medicals and waiting for police check to come through as well, i'm getting closer and closer to OZ slowly but surely
Old May 10th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Hey Sarah,

They have got my references now and have been in contact and asked me to fill out some details so they can apply to sponsor me for a visa and also asked for my QNC reg number, so I'm just waiting to get my sponsorship number from them now, then medicals and waiting for police check to come through as well, i'm getting closer and closer to OZ slowly but surely
Oh hurray! When did they email you? They've had my refs and Sue said the next thing I'd hear would be from the GC Hospital to finalise job and start date while Sue sends off for the police check.....but I've heard nothing all week!!!! Frustrated!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Hi anyone had any skills assessments back recently from anmc taking forever for mine soooo tired of waiting now want some news to give me a boost x Trudi
Old May 11th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

I have had an e-mail too from my new director of nursing in Brisbane she is forwarding all my stuff for the final offer to be sent out exciting and scary at the same time, house up for sale today
Old May 11th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mooncat
Oh hurray! When did they email you? They've had my refs and Sue said the next thing I'd hear would be from the GC Hospital to finalise job and start date while Sue sends off for the police check.....but I've heard nothing all week!!!! Frustrated!!!
Hi heard from them on the 9th April. They contacted me 2 weeks prior to confirm they had refs and were conducting police checks then passing my details to GC hosp which, they said, should take 5 days, so you may have to wait a while longer yet. I thought they had forgotten about me!!
Old May 16th 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi heard from them on the 9th April. They contacted me 2 weeks prior to confirm they had refs and were conducting police checks then passing my details to GC hosp which, they said, should take 5 days, so you may have to wait a while longer yet. I thought they had forgotten about me!!
sent you pm.x
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Woo hoo! finally able to apply for e457 visa! received my nomination number today! one step closer to the sun

Hows everyone else progressing?

My friend is lagging behind a bit they are still having problems chasing one of her references, who seems to have disappeared of the face of the planet!

excited now!
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sarah
I am still waiting for my formal job offer. Got my registration through 11/5/07 informed my potential employer and they said would send formal job offer and info not arrived yet will chase them up tomorrow if not heard anything. Offer apparently have infor about PR and how long I have to wait to be sponsored etc. but have gone ahead with quotes for furniture and dog. the waiting is just excrutiating I just want to be there NOW.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Louise86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone please tell me how to go about getting a job in Australia from scratch. For example who do you e-mail about jobs etc. I qualify in Sept 07 and have recently been told there are no jobs availabe here and would love to work over Australia. Any info would be a great help.
Thanks
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Hi Sarah
I am still waiting for my formal job offer. Got my registration through 11/5/07 informed my potential employer and they said would send formal job offer and info not arrived yet will chase them up tomorrow if not heard anything. Offer apparently have infor about PR and how long I have to wait to be sponsored etc. but have gone ahead with quotes for furniture and dog. the waiting is just excrutiating I just want to be there NOW.
Hi I I know the waiting is so hard, who have you contacted with regard to the furniture and the dog Im just trying to find out about the next stage so Im ahead as everything takes so long doesnt it. We have two dogs so will be expensive I know but we have to do this as a family or the kids will take the move even harder, can you post me some info cheers Trudi x medicals tomorrow xrays friday cant wait !
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Louise86
Could someone please tell me how to go about getting a job in Australia from scratch. For example who do you e-mail about jobs etc. I qualify in Sept 07 and have recently been told there are no jobs availabe here and would love to work over Australia. Any info would be a great help.
Thanks
Hello Louise, all I can tell you is my route. Firstly I downloaded the forms from the internet for the 136 visa, it really depends whether you want to go it alone or with the help of an agent but you need to decide what type of visa you want.Then I downloaded the forms for the skills assessment from the anmc and gathered all the info for them. I applied to work in queensland so downloaded the forms from the QNC and filled them in.Next I sent off an email to the Queensland Health to express my interest to work for them including my cv.I heard back very quickly from them and had telephone interview. Its a long process when you want permanent residence visa but there are lots of people on here to help. Good luck
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trudi have had several quotes for dog (cocker spaniel) seems to range from£1200 to £1400 not including insurance vets fees and quarantine fees I estimate it will be around £2000 and of course the travel costs to go to Sydney to pick her up. For half a 20ft container we have been quoted 2200-2500 and for a full 20ft around 3500 but still getting quotes in so in the next few days will PM you with more definate details. might go for full container as its supposed to be much quicker.
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats a lot of pennies isnt it Im gonna be skint! never mind its got to be cheaper than starting from scratch, plus the kids need their things around them thanks for that , keep in touch Trudix
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Louise86
Thanks
Hi Louise! As a new grad you can't get a permanant visa until you have 1 yrs post grad experience (or 6months if you are sponsored under the regional scheme I think?!) so a temp 457 visa will be your best option.
As for jobs it depends where you want to go, Queensland health have an online recruitment consortium for new grads so you can appky online through their website: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/gnor/default.asp
You will also need your UK pin number in order to apply for registration with a nursing council out there, and that can take a couple of months to come through. Hope that helps so far,
Sarah xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.