How much longer for 457!!!!

Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice
Default How much longer for 457!!!!

Can anyone tell me roughly how long a 457 takes once all the info has been received by DIMA?

My sons medicals were finalised on 24 May and I e-mailed my case officer who told me it may be about another week. No show, so I e-mailed her again on 31 May and still no response.

Am now getting desperate as staying with my sister as house sold 2 weeks ago!!!!!! HELP!!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all
Default Re: How much longer for 457!!!!

Hi Heggie

Hope you're ok? Can't be much help on this one sorry.

I'm still waiting my registration........ This process is so frustrating.

Hope it doesn't take you too long to get sorted. I'm sure you will be there before you know it!!

All the best

Dawn x

Last edited by Ste&Dawn; Jun 4th 2007 at 8:03 pm. Reason: .
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my medical on 10th May, got my 457 confirned via email today, although I was only applying for myself. I guess it also depends on where your medical details need to be sent afeter they reach Sydney (it seems all visa's are sent to Sydney first, then sent on to wherever you intend to be locally).

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ste&Dawn
Hi Heggie

Hope you're ok? Can't be much help on this one sorry.

I'm still waiting my registration........ This process is so frustrating.

Hope it doesn't take you too long to get sorted. I'm sure you will be there before you know it!!

All the best

Dawn x
Hi Dawn,

Hope your registration comes through quickly. I am finding this whole thing so frustrating at the moment. We were so fed up at my sisters we booked a weeks holiday to Portugal!!! and having great difficulty checking e-mails etc. Intend to drink myself stupid at some point this week if this visa doesn´t arrive.

Will keep you all posted.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by parsonsjonny
Had my medical on 10th May, got my 457 confirned via email today, although I was only applying for myself. I guess it also depends on where your medical details need to be sent afeter they reach Sydney (it seems all visa's are sent to Sydney first, then sent on to wherever you intend to be locally).

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply Jonny,

My sons were the only medicals to be finalised and these were done at Perth on 24th May, but still no visa

How did your visa arrive - was it electronically or via the snail mail?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Mine arrived electronically as thats how I applied, I'd assume that they will post on a hard copy but I might just email them to check. Having said that I have forwarded the electronic version to several members of my family to ensure that I have copies as evidence should I lose one along the way. Don't reckon you should have all that long to wait now.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jonny,

I intend to do the same thing - send it to as many people as I can!! I really hope you´re right and it will come this week. I love my sister dearly, but we are complete ends of the spectrum and I just want to get my kids settled asap.

Also, I can´t wait to start work - it seems like an age since i nursed and i´m missing it already!

I applied electronically too so fingers crossed. I´m like a lunatic each time I come across an internet cafe over here - I´m sure the barmaid in the bar I´m in at the moment things I´m this very strange English person (tho i´m welsh!)

Will let you all know as soon as I get it - you may just hear me scream from the Algarve!!! Thanks for the boost
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Just received a mail from immigration, when you apply for an e457, you are not sent a hard copy, just print out what they send you as evidence and make sure you back up, although they will hold your details on the system anyway and can find this using your passport number. Additionally, you do not require a visa label to travel.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!

Am returning to the UK tomorrow after very relaxing holiday in Portugal and not now worrying about my sister driving me nuts over my visa!!!

This time next week I will hopefully be in Australia!!! OMG I can hardly believe it
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:12 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Congratulations!!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by heggie
GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!

Am returning to the UK tomorrow after very relaxing holiday in Portugal and not now worrying about my sister driving me nuts over my visa!!!

This time next week I will hopefully be in Australia!!! OMG I can hardly believe it
Oh my god that's AMAZING!!!! Yippee....see you in the sun!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by heggie
GOT MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Heggie

THATS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. You definately won that race! DOH!! .

Hope you enjoyed your jollies. although you wil be on one long one now....Have a fab time, get them flights booked!!!!! Be quick to post your 1st update from the otherside. Can't wait.

Bon boyage!!!!!!

Love Dawn XX