Hospitals/Community

Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

coxdebra will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hospitals/Community

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
We do loads of home immunisation in Durham area...flu jabs, pnuemonia etc. and we are about to give I/v anti biotics at home. Covered by in house training and group directives here. Think their Clinical Nurse is same as G here but with out their specific courses will be knackered. I'm going to do a 4 day intensive hypnotherapy course before I go so may just end up doing that and bank nursing as well...if I can ever track down what the law in Oz on hypnotherapy is...even that isn't simple... :scared: :scared: :scared: .

Hi,
I guess we are a little behind you here!!!! Although I know they have just set up an immunisation team who are E grade staff nurses here. They are doing catch up mmr in homes! I have been told they are equipped with oxygen and the usual adrenalin . I think they go in to homes in twos. I have just done an in house refresher - thats how I found out. Interesting - they havent started school aged children yet, but I have been told they will be. I do think they are having problems though with various vaccinations. The last lot of MMR came from the USA due to a shortage over here. The problem is that they are not licenced by group directive, so the nurses have to get GPs to prescribe them. There have been problems, some gps have refused to prescribe them. Also, as the E grade staff nurses are not attached to GPs they have to "butter them up"!! Mad is n't it? The other problem is that us school nurses are not attached to Gps either, so there is going to be probs if we need to use them for catch ups. I recon its a management problem!! ha ha. Good luck with your hypnotherapy. I have recently done reflexology too. Have you contacted the hypno association for information re laws. That where I got mine from re reflexology. Keep in touch, Debs
Old Jul 7th 2005, 6:40 am
ad4ozz

Very interesting debs...especially about reflexology and the law. Which hypno association did you contact. Was it http://www.ahahypnotherapy.org.au/
I have trawled the internet and not been able to find much about their laws except that it used to be regulated in Queensland and now deregulated.

If they were a friendly association who answered back your query might email them as well if you don't mind.

We just get the one GP signature on the group directive then just stab who we want and let them know. We used to do it the other way and was logistical nightmare and people could have two jabs by accident. I hate flu campaign time luckly I will just leave before it starts...what a pity...and here's me getting side tracked again as I'm supposed to be looking for my contract to hand my notice in.

Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

coxdebra will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Very interesting debs...especially about reflexology and the law. Which hypno association did you contact. Was it http://www.ahahypnotherapy.org.au/
I have trawled the internet and not been able to find much about their laws except that it used to be regulated in Queensland and now deregulated.

If they were a friendly association who answered back your query might email them as well if you don't mind.

We just get the one GP signature on the group directive then just stab who we want and let them know. We used to do it the other way and was logistical nightmare and people could have two jabs by accident. I hate flu campaign time luckly I will just leave before it starts...what a pity...and here's me getting side tracked again as I'm supposed to be looking for my contract to hand my notice in.
Hi,
I contacted a lady called Jenny Cooper at the reflexology association in Austrailia. This was before I undertook the diploma in reflexology, just to find out if the course I wanted to take would enable me to practice in Aus. she told me I could, - I sent here the [email protected]
t of modules and information I was due to learn. I got her email from this website:[email protected]
Have you tried to find one for hypno in aus? May be worth a try. I do know that there have been jobs advertised for complimentary therapists on this site:
http://employment.byron.com.au/recru...australia.html
I think it was an agency looking for temp staff to work for large companies and their employers. Hope this helps. Good luck with your application,
Debs

[email protected]