Help for UK nurse moving to New Zealand

Old Sep 22nd 2022, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Katerina01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for UK nurse moving to New Zealand

Hello, I am a United Kingdom registered nurse and have experience of about 4 years. Recently was given an offer of employment for Auckland, NZ and having hard time deciding. My main concerns are that I have a settled status in UK and I have a European passport, so not sure which kind of visa I will need but waiting for immigration advisors to get back to me. The employer has said they will communicate to immigration services that they are on the Authorized employer list but I need to start the process, any idea of which visa I may need?
Also, my qualifications in Nursing in the UK are Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing, which I have difficulty determining whether it will be accepted or not by the Nursing Council but I read some encouraging threads on this post,again anyone who's been in my situation?
And also I am a bit confused with the steps and levels in New Zealand. I am a band 7 in UK and the contract I am offered is for Level 2,step 4,I understand that is a Competent level, but also the employer mentioned during interview that starting from 5th year of experience I could apply for a different level or step? Any insight in this, as I read the MECA agreement but still not clear about it.
Thank you to everyone who volunteers with more information it is a big life decision for me.
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help for UK nurse moving to New Zealand

You might get more response if you post this in the NZ forum.....
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 10:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help for UK nurse moving to New Zealand

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You might get more response if you post this in the NZ forum.....
Help for a UK nurse moving to New Zealand

HTH.