Healthcare management/Operations Manager

Old Feb 8th 2017, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Stargazer_85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Healthcare management/Operations Manager

Hi All,

Firstly sorry if this has been asked but i cant find any information.

I am a uk qualified nurse and midwife and am currently coming to the end of a masters in healthcare management.

I'm trying to figure out what my NOC would be for my current role; i'm currently a service manager for a urgent care directorate in a acute trust really unsure what the equivalent is in Canada.

I'm confused if that would put me in group 0 or A? Also i would like to continue in a non clinical role but for the purpose of applying would it be best applying as a nurse/midwife?

I think i will get additional points for my masters, which finishes in may 17, should i wait to receive this qualification, although i have jumped the gun and got a ECA for my other degrees to appease curiosity.

Thanks in advance for any answers provided.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 9:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare management/Operations Manager

Hi, welcome to BE.

We can't really tell you your NOC code I'm afraid, only you know the duties you do in your daily job and which would fit best. You just need to look at any that it might come under and choose the one that best fits, making sure you can prove you do st least half of the 'main duties' for it.

As for your masters, it must be completed or you won't score any points for it. But you could apply now and then if you're still in the pool when you graduate, you can just update your EE profile with your new level of education and new ECA. What mare you currently scoring on the CRS, are you likely to get an IRA before you graduate or do you need the points from your Masters?

Good luck.