British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Got a job offer with Queensland Health (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/got-job-offer-queensland-health-489955/)

noofie Oct 27th 2007 4:51 pm

Got a job offer with Queensland Health

Just had to let you all know that I got a job offer today from Queensland Health - :thumbsup:

I can't believe it - the interviewers were so relaxed and friendly it wasn't like an interview at all - more like a chat with the girls at work - anyone want to know more about what they asked etc feel free to PM me.

Apparentley they are desparatley short of midwives and have only interviewed me and one other since they started interviewing here a few weeks ago!!

Have asked to go to Gold Coast or Logan hospitals and would love to here from anyone in a similar position.

Off to celebrate now!!!

Jackie
x

Ozzidoc Oct 27th 2007 8:25 pm

Re: Got a job offer with Queensland Health

Originally Posted by noofie (Post 5476159)
Just had to let you all know that I got a job offer today from Queensland Health - :thumbsup:

I can't believe it - the interviewers were so relaxed and friendly it wasn't like an interview at all - more like a chat with the girls at work - anyone want to know more about what they asked etc feel free to PM me.

Apparentley they are desparatley short of midwives and have only interviewed me and one other since they started interviewing here a few weeks ago!!

Have asked to go to Gold Coast or Logan hospitals and would love to here from anyone in a similar position.

Off to celebrate now!!!

Jackie
x

Well done Jackie - that's fab news.

(I'm hoping to be an obstetrician one day, so am always interested in hearing how midwives are finding things etc)

cer Oct 28th 2007 12:06 pm

im a newly qualified midwife and hav an interview with queensland health in edinburgh on thursday. What questions did they ask you?
i currently have an offer from BWH which i organised myself through the hospital.

SHAZ3 Oct 29th 2007 11:47 am

[QUOTE=noofie;5476159]Just had to let you all know that I got a job offer today from Queensland Health - :thumbsup:

Off to celebrate now!!!

Congratulations, sounds very exciting, also sent you a PM to ask you a few questions as heading for
Queensland myself.:thumbsup:
SHAZ

katamina Oct 29th 2007 4:49 pm

Congrats! I've got my interview on Friday - they told me that they definately DO take RNLD's now, so I sooooo hope they do & it's not another wasted journey to London!

PJMA Oct 29th 2007 7:41 pm

Off to celebrate now!!!

Jackie
x

Hey well done you, it's a great feeling isn't. Don't expect to hear from them for a while though, I had an interview back in June and began to panic when I had heard nothing come the end of August so contacted them to see how things were progressing. When are you planning to jet off?

Sally Simpson Oct 29th 2007 9:01 pm

Off to celebrate now!!!

Jackie
x

Well done Jackie:thumbsup: Great news!

Caddy the cat lover Nov 4th 2007 10:09 am

Jackie,

Well done !!!

AB FAB News !!!

Alison xx

hotel44 Nov 4th 2007 9:17 pm

Off to celebrate now!!!

Jackie
x

Woo Hoo! Well done Jackie, what's the next step for you?

Naomi xxx

SHAZ3 Nov 5th 2007 1:12 pm

I had an interview in London on Sat with Queensland Health for midwifery and also received a job offer, the interview was great and I am still on a high. They were extremely friendly and make you feel at ease, I still can't quite believe that I've got myself a job:thumbsup:

marysidey Nov 5th 2007 2:48 pm

Good luck Shaz and jackie !!
see you when you get here !!!
Mary
(midwife at Logan )