Getting skills certified...A walk through.

Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:43 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting skills certified...A walk through.

I also am doing this however just out of interest why use a solicitor to endorse the certificates and photos? for my husbands i used an RGN colleague and she put her pin on it and it was accepted as the visa application asked for a solicitor or a medical person. Could also use the house officer at the hospital if have access!!

Asher
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:46 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I also am doing this however just out of interest why use a solicitor to endorse the certificates and photos? for my husbands i used an RGN colleague and she put her pin on it and it was accepted as the visa application asked for a solicitor or a medical person. Could also use the house officer at the hospital if have access!!

Asher
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by asher

Asher
oops sorry posted twice!
Asher
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

zimba is an unknown quantity at this point

Given that the state nursing boards are taking ages to determine an application for registration, would it be wise to apply at the same time to the ANMC for full assessment? That way one could easily gain 2 months or more from waiting, though it could cost a more. I still think it could be worth the extra money spent.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 8:57 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zimba
Given that the state nursing boards are taking ages to determine an application for registration, would it be wise to apply at the same time to the ANMC for full assessment? That way one could easily gain 2 months or more from waiting, though it could cost a more. I still think it could be worth the extra money spent.

I applied for the full skills assessment without registering first, for me it was quicker and a little more expensive but my visa was granted in just over 4 months. Some people wait twice as long as that just to get their registration through. Depends how quickly you want your visa.

Good luck,

Jackie x
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:21 am
Just Joined

chin-chin will become famous soon enoughchin-chin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
You need to apply for registration to work in Oz as a nurse and if you are applying for a 136 visa as a nurse you also need to do a skills assessment.

If you obtain registration first you can do a modified skills assessment, if not you need to do the full skills assessment which costs a bit more.

Just to note some states takes ages to grant registration, so if you are doing the modified skills assessment this may slow down your visa application.

hope this makes sense.

jackie
does it mean i can apply for a 136 visa even if i don't have registration yet with a nursing board? if that's the case then it's good news as it really takes ages for some state to grant registration. I'd rather pay a bit more for a full skills assessment if it means speeding up the process. I already have a job offer and will probably send 136 visa and nursing registration application both at the same time.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:02 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chin-chin
does it mean i can apply for a 136 visa even if i don't have registration yet with a nursing board? if that's the case then it's good news as it really takes ages for some state to grant registration. I'd rather pay a bit more for a full skills assessment if it means speeding up the process. I already have a job offer and will probably send 136 visa and nursing registration application both at the same time.
Hi chin chin, yes thats right, just complete the full skills assessment first and then when you get the letter of determination from the ANMC, send it off with your visa application.

Good luck!

Jackie
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice

for those just starting out like me.
bump
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nolly2120
I had my skills assesed first and now I am in the process of applying for registration with the QNC. I have E mailed the ANMC for them to forward all my skills documents to the QNC and all I have to do is forward the QNC1 for registration and the fee, as all the information they require is with the ANMC skills assesment. It actually says on the QNC1 form that you can do this. Do you think I will run into problems? Has anybody else done it this way?

Thanks

Simone
Hi Simone,

Did you get any joy from asking the ANMC to forward your bits on?
I have just asked them to do the same with mine (to Tassie) but have had no reply as yet....

Cathy