Getting skills certified...A walk through.

Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Getting skills certified...A walk through.

I haven't actually done this yet but from reading the forums and correct forms, this is my understanding of getting your skills certified. This would be via registration in your intended area first, because it's cheaper. This may help as a guide, feel free to correct me on any points.

1. Gather your Nurses registration documents. i.e. Initial registration certificate and current practicing certificate. If you haven't got your initial registration certificate i believe a Statement of Entry form can be requested from the NMC which will serve the same purpose. If you lose your current practicing certificate you can also get a new one from NMC. The number for registration enquiries is 020 7333 9333.

2. Gather your Full birth certificate, Marriage license (if you're married), passport and any change of name documents you have if your name has changed for any other reason. If you only have an abbreviated copy or no copy of your birth certificate, you can get another form the local records office at a cost of £7.00

3. Contact the College or University where you qualified and get an academic transcript of your diploma or degree. There shouldn't be a fee attached to this although some folks on here seem to have been charged.

4. Go along to a photo both and get a set of passport photographs.

6. Get a statement of employment from your current employer detailing how long you've worked there, hours worked, duties etc, get two or three signed copies. Also get a couple of your most recent payslips.

5. Go to the website of the relevant registration authority and download a copy of the registration from overseas application form.

Western Australia - http://www.nbwa.org.au/
New South Wales - http://www.nursesreg.nsw.gov.au/
Northern territory - http://www.nursing.nt.gov.au/
South Australia - http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/
Queensland - http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/home/index.aspx
Victoria - http://www.nbv.org.au/
Tasmania - http://www.nursingboardtas.org.au/nb...upDocName/FEES

6. Phone around for prices for a solicitor to certify all your documents. You may want to get multiple copies of each because you'll need them for your main application also. It's OK to send originals of employers letters so you don't need to get them certified. All your documents include the following.

Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Change of name Documents if your name has changed for any other reason other than marriage.
Passport
Passport photo (with the declaration "I certify that this photo is a true likeness of the applicant.)
Current practicing certificate
Initial registration certificate (or statement of entry)
Academic Transcript
Payslips

Certified copies are photocopies of the original document signed by a solicitor, take photocopies of both sides of the sheet of paper if there is relevant information on the other side and get the solicitor to sign every sheet of paper you intend to send.

7. Call the NMC verifications dept on 020 7333 6627 . Get them to send verification of Initial registration and verification of current registration to the relevant registration authority where you want to stay. All verifications cost £34. This covers up to 5 verifications at the point of original request. Any duplicates required after this period will need to be covered by a further £34. It might be worth your while to register in multiple states in case you want to move later.

Full detials on this here

8. Fill in the application form, attach the relevant documents and send off to the relevant registering authority. Make doubly sure you've included all the correct documents and appropriate method of payment of approx £20, you can find out the correct fee on the website. There should be a checklist on the application form..use it. Get someone else to read over the application as well. Check out the Royal Mail Overseas options to get your package there safely.

9. Wait....wait....wait.

10. After and undetermined amout of time (anything from a few weeks to several months) you will get a Yay or Nay from the registering authority and documentation should follow.

11. Once you get your documentation it will be in the form of a "Certificate of Registraton" this is an A4 sheet and a practicing license in the form of a small plastic credit card. Take them along to your solicitor and get them both certified (two or three of each)

12. Download this form and fill it in...carefully. Read the guidance notes on the top of the page and follow the document list at the botoom of the page. If you got multiple certified copies of your documents in step 6 then you have all you need to complete the application. This will cost you $180 AUD. Cheap at twice the price.

The application form comes from this website, this is the main skills assessing authority - http://www.anmc.org.au/

That's it, piece of piss. Now......
Old Jun 30th 2005, 11:48 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting skills certified...A walk through.

OH MY GOD!! what a fab person you are. excellent. im going through the early stages transcripts references etc, and like you had wrote myself a list. this should be a "sticky" on the nursing forum!! it has everything!!

well done and thanks (karma sent to you)

amanda
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for this invaluable info......it answers my earlier post perfectly!!

Old Jun 30th 2005, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

great post, well done!!!

kate, (would try and send karma but don't have a clue how to!!)
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

AB

Quick question if I may (bearing in mind that I'm not a nurse and am trying to sort this out on behalf of my wife who is actually at work....nursing!)...

....will the UK NMC send a 'statement of verification of registration' to the relevant state body in Oz even if you are not yet registered with them (the Oz body) yet? In other words, will the Oz body 'stick it somewhere' and then match it up with the registration document when they receive it??

For the record, the wife is in the process of completing application package QNC1 in order to register with the Queensland NC

Cheers

BD & Co
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

will the UK NMC send a 'statement of verification of registration' to the relevant state body in Oz even if you are not yet registered with them (the Oz body) yet? In other words, will the Oz body 'stick it somewhere' and then match it up with the registration document when they receive it??
I know exactly where you're coming from. I was worried about the disconnect between my Wife's documents and the documents form the NMC but i don't think there's anything to worry about. I think it's just a simple case of matching up the docs when they all arrive.

As for the other part of your question, yes they will still send them even if you aren't yet registered in the "Oz body" The sending of those documents is, after all, a necessary part of the registration process.

Good luck mate. I too am researching all this for my wife.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I know exactly where you're coming from. I was worried about the disconnect between my Wife's documents and the documents form the NMC but i don't think there's anything to worry about. I think it's just a simple case of matching up the docs when they all arrive.

As for the other part of your question, yes they will still send them even if you aren't yet registered in the "Oz body" The sending of those documents is, after all, a necessary part of the registration process.

Good luck mate. I too am researching all this for my wife.
Thanks for the reassurance

Hope it all goes smoothly for you (and us!)

Cheers

BD
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Absolutely EXCELLENT post. Can one of the mods keep this at the top?

I would love any other info about any other stages in the 'here to there' process that anyone has to offer.

Thanks again...and have some karma.X
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:32 am
Just Joined

nolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud ofnolly2120 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I haven't actually done this yet but from reading the forums and correct forms, this is my understanding of getting your skills certified. This would be via registration in your intended area first, because it's cheaper. This may help as a guide, feel free to correct me on any points.

1. Gather your Nurses registration documents. i.e. Initial registration certificate and current practicing certificate. If you haven't got your initial registration certificate i believe a Statement of Entry form can be requested from the NMC which will serve the same purpose. If you lose your current practicing certificate you can also get a new one from NMC. The number for registration enquiries is 020 7333 9333.

2. Gather your Full birth certificate, Marriage license (if you're married), passport and any change of name documents you have if your name has changed for any other reason. If you only have an abbreviated copy or no copy of your birth certificate, you can get another form the local records office at a cost of £7.00

3. Contact the College or University where you qualified and get an academic transcript of your diploma or degree. There shouldn't be a fee attached to this although some folks on here seem to have been charged.

4. Go along to a photo both and get a set of passport photographs.

6. Get a statement of employment from your current employer detailing how long you've worked there, hours worked, duties etc, get two or three signed copies. Also get a couple of your most recent payslips.

5. Go to the website of the relevant registration authority and download a copy of the registration from overseas application form.

Western Australia - http://www.nbwa.org.au/
New South Wales - http://www.nursesreg.nsw.gov.au/
Northern territory - http://www.nursing.nt.gov.au/
South Australia - http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/
Queensland - http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/home/index.aspx
Victoria - http://www.nbv.org.au/
Tasmania - http://www.nursingboardtas.org.au/nb...upDocName/FEES

6. Phone around for prices for a solicitor to certify all your documents. You may want to get multiple copies of each because you'll need them for your main application also. It's OK to send originals of employers letters so you don't need to get them certified. All your documents include the following.

Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Change of name Documents if your name has changed for any other reason other than marriage.
Passport
Passport photo (with the declaration "I certify that this photo is a true likeness of the applicant.)
Current practicing certificate
Initial registration certificate (or statement of entry)
Academic Transcript
Payslips

Certified copies are photocopies of the original document signed by a solicitor, take photocopies of both sides of the sheet of paper if there is relevant information on the other side and get the solicitor to sign every sheet of paper you intend to send.

7. Call the NMC verifications dept on 020 7333 6627 . Get them to send verification of Initial registration and verification of current registration to the relevant registration authority where you want to stay. All verifications cost £34. This covers up to 5 verifications at the point of original request. Any duplicates required after this period will need to be covered by a further £34. It might be worth your while to register in multiple states in case you want to move later.

Full detials on this here

8. Fill in the application form, attach the relevant documents and send off to the relevant registering authority. Make doubly sure you've included all the correct documents and appropriate method of payment of approx £20, you can find out the correct fee on the website. There should be a checklist on the application form..use it. Get someone else to read over the application as well. Check out the Royal Mail Overseas options to get your package there safely.

9. Wait....wait....wait.

10. After and undetermined amout of time (anything from a few weeks to several months) you will get a Yay or Nay from the registering authority and documentation should follow.

11. Once you get your documentation it will be in the form of a "Certificate of Registraton" this is an A4 sheet and a practicing license in the form of a small plastic credit card. Take them along to your solicitor and get them both certified (two or three of each)

12. Download this form and fill it in...carefully. Read the guidance notes on the top of the page and follow the document list at the botoom of the page. If you got multiple certified copies of your documents in step 6 then you have all you need to complete the application. This will cost you $180 AUD. Cheap at twice the price.

The application form comes from this website, this is the main skills assessing authority - http://www.anmc.org.au/

That's it, piece of piss. Now......
I had my skills assesed first and now I am in the process of applying for registration with the QNC. I have E mailed the ANMC for them to forward all my skills documents to the QNC and all I have to do is forward the QNC1 for registration and the fee, as all the information they require is with the ANMC skills assesment. It actually says on the QNC1 form that you can do this. Do you think I will run into problems? Has anybody else done it this way?

Thanks

Simone
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:47 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post
Bump
Old Jan 4th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Those registering with the NBSA do not now have to have documents certified. They changed this, and i only noticed, the morning i was due to see a solictor!! Saves a few bob!!!

Ade S
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

so am i right in saying (excuse me if i state the obvious)
so, if you want to go to OZ on 136 skilled independant visa, you can register where you wish to work in OZ instead and get around having the anmc skills assessment and paying the anmc expensive fees?
or am have i got my head up my bum
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:55 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
so am i right in saying (excuse me if i state the obvious)
so, if you want to go to OZ on 136 skilled independant visa, you can register where you wish to work in OZ instead and get around having the anmc skills assessment and paying the anmc expensive fees?
or am have i got my head up my bum

You need to apply for registration to work in Oz as a nurse and if you are applying for a 136 visa as a nurse you also need to do a skills assessment.

If you obtain registration first you can do a modified skills assessment, if not you need to do the full skills assessment which costs a bit more.

Just to note some states takes ages to grant registration, so if you are doing the modified skills assessment this may slow down your visa application.

hope this makes sense.

jackie
Old Jan 4th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
thats very interesting
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
thanks
thats very interesting
SOOOO......I am here on my husbands 457 visa and was advised ages ago that I just needed to register with the relevant registering authority and not the ANMC as I already had a visa. Can anyone confirm this?

Ta Lou x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.