getting paid what you deserve in Oz

Old May 22nd 2004, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough
Default getting paid what you deserve in Oz

mc mercer has already referred to this in a previous post but I thought it was worth making a separate post for:

In NSW & QLD (so maybe all states?) you are paid according to your length of service not for the level of responsibility the job requires. So, in order to be paid for all the years' experience you have you need to provide evidence from all previous employers (Human Resources) as to whether a job was full time/part time, casual/permanent & how many hours you worked per week.

I already had most of this info as I had to provide something similar for the ANC when I got my skills assessed. However, the info I sent to ANC didn't include hours worked so I was required to provide a statutory declaration, in front of a JP, outlining hours worked & send to local HR Dept.
This was straightforward & didn't cost me. As I had been paid at the lowest rung until this point I then received back pay.

I hope all this makes sense.

Cheers,
Bella
Old May 22nd 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: getting paid what you deserve in Oz

Originally posted by Bella

I already had most of this info as I had to provide something similar for the ANC when I got my skills assessed. However, the info I sent to ANC didn't include hours worked so I was required to provide a statutory declaration, in front of a JP, outlining hours worked & send to local HR Dept.
This was straightforward & didn't cost me. As I had been paid at the lowest rung until this point I then received back pay.
Did it slow down your ANC app??
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ecando
Did it slow down your ANC app??

No it didn't 'cos the ANC assessment was in the bag way before I applied for a job.
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

No it didn't 'cos the ANC assessment was in the bag way before I applied for a job.

Ah right ... thanks Bella, certainly something to get hold of before moving!
Old May 24th 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

mc mercer has already referred to this in a previous post but I thought it was worth making a separate post for:

In NSW & QLD (so maybe all states?) you are paid according to your length of service not for the level of responsibility the job requires. So, in order to be paid for all the years' experience you have you need to provide evidence from all previous employers (Human Resources) as to whether a job was full time/part time, casual/permanent & how many hours you worked per week.

I hope all this makes sense.

Cheers,
Bella
Hi Bella

Have finished work now but I am wondering if my references which include statements saying how long I have worked there would be ok for this purpose. I worked on the same ward for the last 14 years which is documented and also documented is how many hours I worked and signed by ward managers (referrees). Prior to this I worked in Glasgow and have no record of this apart from what is written on my CV. Any ideas? Do you think I should ring Personell for a more formal statement or leave things as they stand. I have registered with an agency in Sydney who have received these references already.
Old May 24th 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi RT,

Your ref. of last 14 yrs sounds fine to me. Also, I don't think the job in Glasgow matters 'cos they only base their assessment on 7 years of experience & your employment statement is covered for 14.
However, if you are asked for more info, & I really think this is unlikely, you can always present a statutory declaration signed by a JP stating the detail of any previous job, once you are here. This has certainly been my experience here in NSW.

Good luck,

B

Originally posted by rumbletum
Hi Bella

Have finished work now but I am wondering if my references which include statements saying how long I have worked there would be ok for this purpose. I worked on the same ward for the last 14 years which is documented and also documented is how many hours I worked and signed by ward managers (referrees). Prior to this I worked in Glasgow and have no record of this apart from what is written on my CV. Any ideas? Do you think I should ring Personell for a more formal statement or leave things as they stand. I have registered with an agency in Sydney who have received these references already.