Form filling for QNC reg....

Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice
Talking Form filling for QNC reg....

Hey everyone! Has anyone recentely filled in the forms for QNC reg??

I've got the instructions but still wanted to check a couple of things.

'evidence of practice in last 5 years'......is that a letter from your current employer? I'm thinking that must be difficult if you don't want them to know your looking to leave your job just yet??

Also, do we pay all three charges 'application fee' 'overseas assessment charge' and 'licence fee'? Am i reading that right?

Thanks alot if anyone can help.....form filling is a nightmare and i just want to get it right first time! Lucy.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

allandeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form filling for QNC reg....

Lucy

I've been checking through the forms recently also and am assuming that all 3 charges have to be paid, hopefully someone can enlighten us.

Allan.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

exhaused1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Form filling for QNC reg....

Hi Lucy,
I have recently sent my form to QNC, your right in thinking that all 3 have to be paid up front, I think the total is $254 (?)

Have you yet been in contact with ANMC? If so and they have assessed you, they will send all your information to QNC free of charge. They did this for me within a couple of days so I didn't need to send over any further info.

Can be a bit difficult trying to get details from a current employer, I was very lucky and told my (then) manager our plans and she was great! My manager now isnt so understanding!

What nursing do you practice at the moment? Obviously looking at QLD but where abouts are you heading? We are heading to Gold Coast , the sooner the better
Claire
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

Thanks for replies Allan and Claire

Thought we had to, its quite a few charges eh!? Ah well, small price for a life in Aus i suppose!

Yeah, the only one that i'm still struggling with is the letter. I can only go to my recent employer as i'm newly qualified, but i really don't want to ask my manager i've only just started......and I might not be leaving till sept!

Do you think it has to be a manager that does the letter? I've been reading the same paragraph over and over and it just says 'evidence of practice' and 'must be signed by a registered nurse' I wonder if i could ask a work collegue to sign it for me? It doesn't mention your manager or employer.....hmmh? If anyone has done this or has any ideas please let me know, i'd be so grateful. It'd make my life easier asking a work collegue rather than my manager!

Thanks very much, lucy
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

....sorry Claire i didn't answer you questions. I'm currently in Gynae surgery, which i'm really enjoying. But i'd be happy to go into other areas of surgery....I really like cardiology too. We're looking to go to Brisbane asap! haha.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:20 pm
Sus
Just Joined

Sus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lulabell
Thanks for replies Allan and Claire

Thought we had to, its quite a few charges eh!? Ah well, small price for a life in Aus i suppose!

Yeah, the only one that i'm still struggling with is the letter. I can only go to my recent employer as i'm newly qualified, but i really don't want to ask my manager i've only just started......and I might not be leaving till sept!

Do you think it has to be a manager that does the letter? I've been reading the same paragraph over and over and it just says 'evidence of practice' and 'must be signed by a registered nurse' I wonder if i could ask a work collegue to sign it for me? It doesn't mention your manager or employer.....hmmh? If anyone has done this or has any ideas please let me know, i'd be so grateful. It'd make my life easier asking a work collegue rather than my manager!

Thanks very much, lucy
Hi there!

I have just sent my QNC application today. You only need to pay application fee and the overseas assessment charge at first, then if you are accepted you then need to pay the licence fee. Hope this helps!

I'm afraid I can't help with the evidence of practice part as I am newly qualified so I don't have an employer yet... the main reason I want to head to Oz is that I can't get a job here!

Good luck with it! x
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:23 pm
Sus
Just Joined

Originally Posted by exhaused1
Hi Lucy,
I have recently sent my form to QNC, your right in thinking that all 3 have to be paid up front, I think the total is $254 (?)

Have you yet been in contact with ANMC? If so and they have assessed you, they will send all your information to QNC free of charge. They did this for me within a couple of days so I didn't need to send over any further info.

Can be a bit difficult trying to get details from a current employer, I was very lucky and told my (then) manager our plans and she was great! My manager now isnt so understanding!

What nursing do you practice at the moment? Obviously looking at QLD but where abouts are you heading? We are heading to Gold Coast , the sooner the better
Claire
Oh.. just seen that you are heading to the Gold Coast! That's where we want to go, boyf's sister and hubby are there. It's a brilliant place, can't wait to get there! Sus.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Pam1 is an unknown quantity at this point

"Do you think it has to be a manager that does the letter? I've been reading the same paragraph over and over and it just says 'evidence of practice' and 'must be signed by a registered nurse' I wonder if i could ask a work collegue to sign it for me? It doesn't mention your manager or employer.....hmmh? If anyone has done this or has any ideas please let me know, i'd be so grateful. It'd make my life easier asking a work collegue rather than my manager!"

Not Queensland but I sent a letter from a Senior Staff Nurse on my ward to the Nursing Board of Victoria. They contacted me to resend one as it had to be from a Manager. I would check it out a it will only delay thing.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Sus, thanks very much, that helps a lot!
Rubbish that you can't get a job over here though eh....still i'm sure you wont mind once your working in Aus!! Can't wait! Great that you have some family to go to as well.

Thanks Pam, thats really useful to know. I may just have to go for it and ask my manager. What a pain in the bum for you having to do it again, your right it will just take longer! I wish they would be more specific on these forms, it would make it much easier.

Thanks again guys! Lucy
Old May 9th 2009, 10:03 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

I'm struggling a bit with this too. Does anyone know what address I send the form off to. It seems to have 2 different addresses at the bottom of the form.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:44 am
Sus
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lyx
I'm struggling a bit with this too. Does anyone know what address I send the form off to. It seems to have 2 different addresses at the bottom of the form.
Hi,

You send it to the postal address, not the office address.

It's: QNC, GPO Box 2928, Brisbane, Q 4001.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:47 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Thankyou.