fiancee gone mad (or has she)?

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

thebluearmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fiancee gone mad (or has she)?

Can anyone give me some good advice pleasseeeeeee!Myself and future wife who is a nurse are emigrating to OZ (Sydney) in Mar 05. We have both got PRs granted through my work. Dee as applied to the NSW nursing authority for registration. Now me ickle problem is she still insists that she needs to go through an agency to get employment for OZ. Having read some of the threads bout some of the agencies i dont think that this a good idea and think that once her registration comes through would be best applying to the hospitals direct. Anyone out in NSW already who could give advice and stop me feeling the need to sufficate her (joking). Also the names of any hospitals in the Sydney area. Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fiancee gone mad (or has she)?

Originally Posted by thebluearmy
Can anyone give me some good advice pleasseeeeeee!Myself and future wife who is a nurse are emigrating to OZ (Sydney) in Mar 05. We have both got PRs granted through my work. Dee as applied to the NSW nursing authority for registration. Now me ickle problem is she still insists that she needs to go through an agency to get employment for OZ. Having read some of the threads bout some of the agencies i dont think that this a good idea and think that once her registration comes through would be best applying to the hospitals direct. Anyone out in NSW already who could give advice and stop me feeling the need to sufficate her (joking). Also the names of any hospitals in the Sydney area. Thanks
Try looking here:
http://www3.health.nsw.gov.au/healthjobs/index.html

Good luck

G
Old Nov 25th 2004, 10:39 am
Just Joined

thebluearmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Thanks, will pass it on the mad 1
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

By all means look for jobs direct, but most of the agency 'horror stories' concern people on the temporary visa who have no right to leave their employer if things don't work out. With permanent visas you don't have that problem, at least from a visa point of view.

Agency work may be a useful short-term stopgap when arriving in Sydney.

Jeremy
Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

she can definitely get a job by going direct, i got one this way but its lots of emailing etc. Think if you are on a pr visa and youve joined an agency there are less loopholes than if youre on a temp.
Either way, she definitely doesnt need to join an agency to get a job.