British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   fiancee gone mad (or has she)? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/fiancee-gone-mad-has-she-268466/)

thebluearmy Nov 24th 2004 3:21 pm

fiancee gone mad (or has she)?

Can anyone give me some good advice pleasseeeeeee!Myself and future wife who is a nurse are emigrating to OZ (Sydney) in Mar 05. We have both got PRs granted through my work. Dee as applied to the NSW nursing authority for registration. Now me ickle problem is she still insists that she needs to go through an agency to get employment for OZ. Having read some of the threads bout some of the agencies i dont think that this a good idea and think that once her registration comes through would be best applying to the hospitals direct. Anyone out in NSW already who could give advice and stop me feeling the need to sufficate her (joking). Also the names of any hospitals in the Sydney area. Thanks :)

Grayling Nov 24th 2004 3:29 pm

Re: fiancee gone mad (or has she)?

Originally Posted by thebluearmy
Can anyone give me some good advice pleasseeeeeee!Myself and future wife who is a nurse are emigrating to OZ (Sydney) in Mar 05. We have both got PRs granted through my work. Dee as applied to the NSW nursing authority for registration. Now me ickle problem is she still insists that she needs to go through an agency to get employment for OZ. Having read some of the threads bout some of the agencies i dont think that this a good idea and think that once her registration comes through would be best applying to the hospitals direct. Anyone out in NSW already who could give advice and stop me feeling the need to sufficate her (joking). Also the names of any hospitals in the Sydney area. Thanks :)

Try looking here:
http://www3.health.nsw.gov.au/healthjobs/index.html

Good luck

G

thebluearmy Nov 25th 2004 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Grayling

Thanks, will pass it on the mad 1 :beer:

JAJ Nov 25th 2004 1:15 pm

By all means look for jobs direct, but most of the agency 'horror stories' concern people on the temporary visa who have no right to leave their employer if things don't work out. With permanent visas you don't have that problem, at least from a visa point of view.

Agency work may be a useful short-term stopgap when arriving in Sydney.

Jeremy

jimtrish Nov 26th 2004 7:22 pm

she can definitely get a job by going direct, i got one this way but its lots of emailing etc. Think if you are on a pr visa and youve joined an agency there are less loopholes than if youre on a temp.
Either way, she definitely doesnt need to join an agency to get a job. :D