Fastest way to work in Australia as a RN?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

nursingaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fastest way to work in Australia as a RN?

Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)

This visa is for Registered nurses wishing to supplement the cost of their holiday through short-term employment by working in the health service. If your main reason for travelling to Australia is to participate in the work force to fund your travels in Australia, then you should consider this visa which is designed for this purpose. Many registered nurses choose this visa every year to experience more of Australia than just being a tourist.
This visa is for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa is for people from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.
Please note you must have turned 18 years of age, but not turned 31, at the time of visa application. Also note that you cannot include family members in your application for this visa. If you wish to bring a family member or partner with, they must apply for their own visa to Australia.

Allows you to….
 You can enter Australia within 12 months of it being granted.
 You can stay for up to 12 months.
 You can leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid.
 You can work full-time, part-time, casual and do shift work in Australia for up to 6 months maximum with each employer.
 You may return to work for a further 6 months on a second Working Holiday visa for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa. To be eligible to obtain a second visa you must have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa (there is no requirement to do further specified work on the second visa). Please refer to the DIAC website for further information as other criteria also applies.
 You can study for up to 4 months.

Working and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)

Similar to the 417 Visa above, this Visa is for people from Chile, Thailand, Turkey and the United States of America. People from Iran who hold a Work and Holiday visa and are already in Australia can apply for this visa. Please note, at time of writing Australia had signed a Work and Holiday visa arrangement for Bangladesh and are waiting commencement of this arrangement. Australia has also agreed to a Work and Holiday arrangement with Indonesia although at the time of writing it is not possible for people from Indonesia to apply for this visa yet, although this is expected to be possible later this year. For further information about the commencement of this arrangement for both of the above countries please check immigration or on the DIAC website.

The Work and Holiday visa is for tertiary educated people aged 18 to 30 years who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment. Please be aware that most countries under this visa programme have a specified annual limit of Work and Holiday visas per year. To avoid being disappointed do not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised that your visa has been granted.
Please note that you cannot include family members in your application for this visa. If you wish to bring a family member or partner with you, they must apply for their own visa to Australia.

Allows you to….
 You can enter Australia at any time within 3 months of the visa grant date.
 You can stay for up to 12 months in Australia.
 You can leave and re-enter Australia any number of times in the 12 months from the date of first entry.
 You can undertake temporary employment in Australia.
 You can study for up to 4 months.

You are still required to get medical examamination, English test etc, but these visas are quicker than sponsorship. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Just in case people were worried.

Even though Chris Evan (Immigration Minister in Australia) plans to cut back the skilled migration programm due to the economic down turn, this will not effect health care as there is still is a shortage of nurses here.

Em
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:11 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ponyrama
The 457 or 121 ENS cover areas that dont qualify for RSMS. ENS harder to get and probably takes longer as skills assessment required and you need 3 years experience.
The skill assessment is not needed as they consider your state registration as adequate proof of skills and also 3 year experience requirement is waived for nurses as it is an occupation on the MODL. I have ENS visa, did not have skill assessment and do not have 3 years experience. All the info is in Booklet 5 available from the DIAC website
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Nursing eBook, how useful

Like many nurses with a burning desire to travel and work overseas, I came to Australia on a Temporary Business (457). I was full of excitement and wonder, with no real idea of what to expect. Right from the beginning I could find nothing that would steer me in the right direction. Overseas nurses are expected to fumble their way through a complicated new health care system with nothing to really guide them through what is a difficult process. Although the situation has improved a little since I first arrived, and the health service does what it can to help, an eBook like this would have been really helpful and eased a lot of the worry and anxiety I had. Yes, minor blunders were made along the way trying to set up a new home, and settle into a new workplace environment, but from talking to many of my colleagues, we all made them and we all wished we had done a few things differently. There are things we wished we’d known up front, from the major items like who the employers are, to the lower priority but still important ones, such as the majority of rental accommodation is unfurnished, and when you phone someone up and they ask you ‘what state are you in?’ they may not necessarily be asking how you are feeling, but what part of Australia you are calling from! I often found myself thinking about a whole range of information that would have been so useful to have known from the start and wondered why someone hadn’t shared it with me sooner? I also wondered why there wasn’t a good ‘how to guide’ for nurses, particularly because so many overseas nurses had trodden the same path before. So I wrote this eBook which I hope will make it easier for you to understand the process of ‘nursing down under’ and ease your transition into Australia, so that you will be able to ‘hit the ground running’ right from the start.

It's called Nursing Australia - A guide to Working and Living as a Nurse Down Under, see http://www.nursingaustralia.info

I'm having a great time and I hope you do too!