Exploring my options

Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Jessiekins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exploring my options

I am a Canadian citizen and my partner has his PR, but is orignanally from the UK. He has suggested that I take my nurses training in England, but I am concerned that CARNA or would not recognize my credentials upon compleation. I would be interested in hearing what/if any problems people had...
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exploring my options

I looked into this about 10 yrs ago so things have probably changed now. From memory I needed to sit an exam in Canada before I could get nurse registration.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steven9818
I looked into this about 10 yrs ago so things have probably changed now. From memory I needed to sit an exam in Canada before I could get nurse registration.
Thanks.

A call to CNA today is on the to-do list to find out what sort of hang ups to expect. Because the UK specializes the BScN into adult, child, mental and community health vs a general RN program I would expect the potential for upgrading to be required, but qualifications from province to province varry.

From my little bit of research so far Quebec has the most relaxed provincial requirements currently and is also offering some sort of expedition process for international nurses due to their need. Since I'm a citizen and am not hoping to stay in Quebec upon my return this isn't a great option for me, but it may be for other people??
Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I would stay in Canada and get your training done in Canada. Many UK nurses do not meet Canadian requirements and end up spending $$$$$ to get qualified and eligibility to sit NCLEX and be registered in a province
Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Personally, I would stay in Canada and get your training done in Canada. Many UK nurses do not meet Canadian requirements and end up spending $$$$$ to get qualified and eligibility to sit NCLEX and be registered in a province
and, according to people posting on here it can take a very long time to get registered in Canada with non Canadian qualifications, think years.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Thank you I can only make the best decision for me and my partner when I have all the possible information. I appreciate your response.