Dont make a mistake

Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Default Dont make a mistake

hi guys it looks as if i have made a very very BIG mistake I got my skills assessed and applied for Sydney NSW,but I did not apply to have my skills assessed by the ANC as I thought it said that enrolled nurses need not apply to the ANC to have this done so I just applied to NSW and sent that documentation to the ASPC and it looks like it is too late as I turned 45 yesterday I am posting this so as others do not make the same error as I have done Good luck to all my nursing colleagues in the quest for Oz I will keep watching and keep my fingers crossed for you all
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont make a mistake

Originally Posted by ireland
hi guys it looks as if i have made a very very BIG mistake I got my skills assessed and applied for Sydney NSW,but I did not apply to have my skills assessed by the ANC as I thought it said that enrolled nurses need not apply to the ANC to have this done so I just applied to NSW and sent that documentation to the ASPC and it looks like it is too late as I turned 45 yesterday I am posting this so as others do not make the same error as I have done Good luck to all my nursing colleagues in the quest for Oz I will keep watching and keep my fingers crossed for you all
The most likely outcome is that ASPC will return your application as invalid, as it was not accompanied by the appropriate skill assessment.

You will have to wait and see. A consolation (if any) is that an invalid application means they will not take the fee, or refund it if they do (it's different to a refusal).

The age bar of 45 for general skilled is non-negotiable, so if your current application is invalid then forget about this route - barring a change in the rules at some point, it's closed.

Realistically, if they return your 136 application to you, your only hope of getting PR in Australia is through the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/employers/rsms.htm

It's not clear whether enrolled nurses qualify, but it's the route you should check out. You'll need an employer in regional Australia keen to hire you - forget Sydney, it doesn't qualify - however NSW away from Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong is eligible. Basically you can look anywhere around Australia for RSMS except the regions surrounding Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth. I suggest you prepare yourself to be flexible on location.

There is an age bar of 45 on RSMS too, but DIMIA are more flexible on this and will consider waiving it.

Can I suggest you hire an experienced professional to help you with visa issues going forward? RSMS is not a well-known visa and few members of an online forum will be able to assist much.

Jeremy
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
The most likely outcome is that ASPC will return your application as invalid, as it was not accompanied by the appropriate skill assessment.

You will have to wait and see. A consolation (if any) is that an invalid application means they will not take the fee, or refund it if they do (it's different to a refusal).

The age bar of 45 for general skilled is non-negotiable, so if your current application is invalid then forget about this route - barring a change in the rules at some point, it's closed.

Realistically, if they return your 136 application to you, your only hope of getting PR in Australia is through the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/employers/rsms.htm

It's not clear whether enrolled nurses qualify, but it's the route you should check out. You'll need an employer in regional Australia keen to hire you - forget Sydney, it doesn't qualify - however NSW away from Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong is eligible. Basically you can look anywhere around Australia for RSMS except the regions surrounding Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth. I suggest you prepare yourself to be flexible on location.

There is an age bar of 45 on RSMS too, but DIMIA are more flexible on this and will consider waiving it.

Can I suggest you hire an experienced professional to help you with visa issues going forward? RSMS is not a well-known visa and few members of an online forum will be able to assist much.

Jeremy
Thank you I have just spoken to ASPC and im afraid im no longer in the running for a visa cant even begin to say how sad i am the children will be so diaappointed i have spent nimerous hours and hours on this and missed the very thing that was staring me in the face I dont know if i could go on a temp 4 year visa as i have a possible job lined up with an agency and then apply for pr when in Oz im so gutted its unreal
Old Sep 27th 2004, 12:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I have just spoken to ASPC and im afraid im no longer in the running for a visa cant even begin to say how sad i am the children will be so diaappointed i have spent nimerous hours and hours on this and missed the very thing that was staring me in the face I dont know if i could go on a temp 4 year visa as i have a possible job lined up with an agency and then apply for pr when in Oz im so gutted its unreal
Going to Australia on a temporary visa has its own issues and risks - many on this forum can tell you all about that.

Your only serious *possible* route to PR is through the RSMS and you've already been pointed in the direction of information on this.

RSMS can be applied for offshore (provided there is an Australian employer keen to hire) - there is no need legally to go there on a temporary visa first.

Note that if you *do* go to Australia on a temp visa, it doesn't guarantee that you'll qualify for the RSMS anyway. It's best to be sure about your RSMS eligibility before cutting ties in the UK and uprooting your family, only to have to go home a few years later because your PR application didn't work out.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Sep 27th 2004 at 1:02 am.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I have just spoken to ASPC and im afraid im no longer in the running for a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=visa&v=55">visa</a> cant even begin to say how sad i am the children will be so diaappointed i have spent nimerous hours and hours on this and missed the very thing that was staring me in the face I dont know if i could go on a temp 4 year <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=visa&v=55">visa</a> as i have a possible <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=55">job</a> lined up with an agency and then apply for pr when in Oz im so gutted its unreal
i am so sorry to hear your news ireland, i nearly cried reading it you must be devastated. i'm a firm believer in 'things happen for a reason' and if australia wasn't meant to be, then who knows what's around another corner for you in the future.

i truely hope you have some luck with what jeramy suggests,

all the best to you and your family
debbie x
Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hi ireland

so sorry to read your thread, hang in there and explore all possibilities, admire you for warning others as this must of been difficult for you.
Di
Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
i am so sorry to hear your news ireland, i nearly cried reading it you must be devastated. i'm a firm believer in 'things happen for a reason' and if australia wasn't meant to be, then who knows what's around another corner for you in the future.

i truely hope you have some luck with what jeramy suggests,

all the best to you and your family
debbie x
Thanks Debbiemc and Harveyhare, Couldnt sleep when I realized what the outcome was going to be just dont understand how someone who works in a cardiacward does IVs and cannulation etc does not qualify for to be classed as a RN(even if it is level 2) still cant do anymore but I will keep my fingers crossed for all my nursing colleagues Good Luck and Best Wishes to you all x
Old Sep 29th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,
sorry to hear about your bad luck. How devastating for you. Is there any particular reason why you picked Australia to live? If you are looking for somewhere nicer than England to bring up the kids then New Zealand have a higher age limit than Australia or I would take Jeremys advice.

Good luck!

Sue
Old Sep 29th 2004, 6:29 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

I'm so sorry

Have you looked at all the other visas the regional etc???

Or as Sue suggested would you consider New Zealand?

I hope you work something out

Nikki x
Old Sep 29th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikkers
I'm so sorry

Have you looked at all the other visas the regional etc???

Or as Sue suggested would you consider New Zealand?

I hope you work something out

Nikki x
Thanks for your posts I really wanted Oz have friends live there,Good luck I noticed that you are on your way soon I hope life treats you well down under enjoy it you all deserve it x
Old Sep 29th 2004, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Thanks for your posts I really wanted Oz have friends live there,Good luck I noticed that you are on your way soon I hope life treats you well down under enjoy it you all deserve it x
I am really sorry I feel sick just reading what has happended to you .
even though you dont know people, reading their journeys on this forum touches your heart i hope you find a solution thats right for you and your family love mary
Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: Dont make a mistake

Originally Posted by marysidey
I am really sorry I feel sick just reading what has happended to you .
even though you dont know people, reading their journeys on this forum touches your heart i hope you find a solution thats right for you and your family love mary
Hi Mary Thanks for your kind words but I think the dream for us it over, I am soul destroyed mainly for the childre but what can one do but then I had a reality check was on duty today and one admission made me realize that I was very lucky - young girl (no chance of recovery) and I thought I should be more humble and be thankfil for what I got.Hope your visa is not too far of for you now Love and best wishes for your future.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Debbiemc and Harveyhare, Couldnt sleep when I realized what the outcome was going to be just dont understand how someone who works in a cardiacward does IVs and cannulation etc does not qualify for to be classed as a RN(even if it is level 2) still cant do anymore but I will keep my fingers crossed for all my nursing colleagues Good Luck and Best Wishes to you all x

Hi,

Im an enrolled nurse too and have thought about oz emigration for years, but came across most of our problems that we have to be RN level 1, so ive got 6 months left of my conversion and then hope to be off.
Ive got a potential employer and hope to go RSMS route, I will be tied to the hospital for 2 years, but its a permanent visa and after that I can do whatever I wish.
I have no idea if enrolled nurses are eligible, but dont give up, look into it and do some research. Its horrible that we dont get the recognition we deserve, ive worked on SCBU for 9 years but as an enrolled nurse that doesnt stand for much, but luckily the hospital in QLD are keen due to my experience and they are more accepting of the fact that we do the same job as RN's over here. There is always hope....dont give up!

All the best
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even think of New Zealand as as option as an Enrolled Nurse !! NZ treats EN's as glorified health care assistants. I am truely dismayed at how little recognitions EN's here have. I have worked with some fabulous E.N's in the UK, and some great ones here, but they are simply NOT allowed to do anything more than give oral medication, so all your cannulation/.I.V. skills are wasted !!!
Many District Health Boards simply do not employ EN's.

WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT !!

Gill
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Don't even think of New Zealand as as option as an Enrolled Nurse !! NZ treats EN's as glorified health care assistants. I am truely dismayed at how little recognitions EN's here have. I have worked with some fabulous E.N's in the UK, and some great ones here, but they are simply NOT allowed to do anything more than give oral medication, so all your cannulation/.I.V. skills are wasted !!!
Many District Health Boards simply do not employ EN's.

WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT !!

Gill
totally agree with you gill, it really does make us EN's feel surplus to requirements. Its a shame the oz government dont recognize us and look at our experience rather than the bit of paper that says RN.
Its about time they got with the times and accepted us as RN's, as we are here in the uk, infact we are on the register now as RN level 2 instead of the SEN title.
My biggest wish is that people would wake up and realize that being an enrolled nurse does not make us any less capable than RN's.
We have enrolled nurses on the conversion course in swindon, who are SISTERS on their wards, and yet if they tried to migrate as an enrolled nurse they would not be accepted. They are having to convert to RN due to peer pressure and the fact that the trust has to justify giving an enrolled a sister title! madness.

Trish :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.