Do English-speaking/trained inurses still need IELTS?

Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

BrendonE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do English-speaking/trained inurses still need IELTS?

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
Yet my friend has been given a categorical no to the question of whether he needs ielts, he has a great long list of emails he has sent and been replied with a no ...

their standards still state any internationally trained nurses need ielts.

bloody confusing
I know it is confusing, hopefully they will put something up on their website soon. I will keep a look out.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

lisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Zeneco26
Just found out I got 8.0 on my IELTS (I'm Spanish), lodged my visa this morning and posting my application for AHPRA today.... Hope everything is ready for the 8th November to start my job in Melbourne!!!
Congratulations. You did really well. Any news about your registration? My daughter has not heard about her application yet. She has sent e-mails to AHPRA asking if they have received it but had no answer so far.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road

Thanks!! I'm well chuffed with the marks!!! I have not heard anything yet, however I have already done the medicals, x ray and blood tests... Cant wait until all is sorted. I sent AHPRA a copy if my contract to get them in gear and speed it up but not hear anything yet. It might be too soon. I will be calling them in a couple of weeks, maybe when they collect the money. I'm all set to fly to Melbourne on 26th octobe anyway so I better have some luck!! ;-)
Good luck with your daughter, keep me posted!!!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

carlalesemily will become famous soon enough

has anyone found out any updates on this situation ?

thanks carla
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:32 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlalesemily
has anyone found out any updates on this situation ?

thanks carla
I sent them an emial a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing - you've got to love the communication
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

carlalesemily will become famous soon enough

argggh, it is very frustrating, i dont want to send away and pay the money, then they say you do not need to do it.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

BrendonE is on a distinguished road

I went on AHPRA today and there is still nothing. However there is this link under FAQ and Fact Sheets which is worth a read and might make things a bit clearer for some.

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov...ct-Sheets.aspx

Hope it helps.
Adele
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:52 am
Just Joined

lisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant future

Thanks!! I'm well chuffed with the marks!!! I have not heard anything yet, however I have already done the medicals, x ray and blood tests... Cant wait until all is sorted. I sent AHPRA a copy if my contract to get them in gear and speed it up but not hear anything yet. It might be too soon. I will be calling them in a couple of weeks, maybe when they collect the money. I'm all set to fly to Melbourne on 26th octobe anyway so I better have some luck!! ;-)
Good luck with your daughter, keep me posted!!!
Hi just wondering if you've had an acknowledgement- at the very least- from AHPRA? Did sending the copy of your contract help? I am concerned my daughter will not have her registration through before her start day. Do you know if you will be able to attend the orientation day at the hospital without your registration?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Hi, just last night I got this email from AHPRA after enquiring about my paperwork:

I wish to advise that we received your application. You will be notified in writing by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in regard to the outcome of your application. You will be contacted if there are any extra requirements. Due to the transition from state based agencies to a National board, we have been extremely busy since the implementation of AHPRA and are making a concerted effort to process applications in a timely manner. At this stage I cannot give you a timeframe for the processing of your application as all applications are different and timeframes can differ.

It should be noted that applications are processed in order of the date received

The Customer Service Team
AHPRA Enquiry Contact Centre
Old Oct 9th 2010, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: Do English-speaking/trained inurses still need IELTS?

Hi, just last night I got this email from AHPRA after enquiring about my paperwork:

I wish to advise that we received your application. You will be notified in writing by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in regard to the outcome of your application. You will be contacted if there are any extra requirements. Due to the transition from state based agencies to a National board, we have been extremely busy since the implementation of AHPRA and are making a concerted effort to process applications in a timely manner. At this stage I cannot give you a timeframe for the processing of your application as all applications are different and timeframes can differ.

It should be noted that applications are processed in order of the date received

Hi yes that is about the same as what we were told over the phone- so just hope you get some good new soon:
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:09 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Received this email from AHPRA on Friday:

Dear Ms xxxx

If you did not do your final year of secondary schooling and/or nursing qualification in English then you will need to sit the IELTS examination. If you did complete your secondary schooling and/or nursing qualification in English you will need to provide evidence to that effect when you apply for registration.

Basically it needs to be very clear to AHPRA that you completed your secondary education and university in English, so whatever evidence you supply it needs to be obvious that it was in English.

Great news
Old Oct 24th 2010, 3:19 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

A quick update from my friend, a nurse, who is now in victoria.
having been sent numerous emails from AHPRA stating he doesnt need to sit IELTS, they have now told him he does. He completed his secondary education in english and his nurse training in english and provided all the documentation requested to prove this.
He has sold his house, left his nhs job here and moved over there with a permanent job to start as soon as his registration comes through ... but he still needs ielts
To say he is pissed off is an understatement ... and cant get an exam date til january now.

So please please please be aware, the ahpra dont know their arse from their elbows and are giving out inaccurate information.
You do need ielts.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 3:59 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

okay, another update!
his manager rang them and complained - apparently an english nurse in a&e has recently registered with them and he didnt have to take the ielts.
they have now said they will process his application without him having to do the ielts!

so he is one happy bunny who can finally start work!!!

so there you go - ahpra really dont know what the hell they are talking about! but a bit of pressure from hospital management and you should get a positive outcome (ie, no ielts!)

Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Please help, I've read on APHRA's website that you need to have a Justice of the peace or a notary public to certify all documents you submit with you application. I've contacted a couple who have quoted me £60 per document. What has everyone else done about certifying documents?
Old Nov 6th 2010, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mittens
Please help, I've read on APHRA's website that you need to have a Justice of the peace or a notary public to certify all documents you submit with you application. I've contacted a couple who have quoted me £60 per document. What has everyone else done about certifying documents?
Hi!
I went to my local solicitor, who charged me around 25p per copy certified.... I paid about £5 for all of them and an extra fiver to have the solicitor signing the form in my presence at the end. The justice of peace in stockport, Cheshire were going to charge me £25 for the whole thing. I think you should shop around for the cheapest!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.