Diploma V's Degree???

Old Aug 29th 2012, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

katix020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diploma V's Degree???

Hey,

I have been offered a job at Sydney childrens hospital with sponsorship and have been completing my APHRA registration. I have had an email requesting more information from them and that I need a degree, however I do not have one at present. I have been a qualified nurse in the uk for 4 years now, and have completed 5 out of the 6 modules to complete my degree. I start my last module in September this year.
Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this and any help would be truly grateful.

Thanks
Katie
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Diploma V's Degree???

Originally Posted by katix020
Hey,

I have been offered a job at Sydney childrens hospital with sponsorship and have been completing my APHRA registration. I have had an email requesting more information from them and that I need a degree, however I do not have one at present. I have been a qualified nurse in the uk for 4 years now, and have completed 5 out of the 6 modules to complete my degree. I start my last module in September this year.
Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this and any help would be truly grateful.

Thanks
Katie
Who has sent you the email saying you need a degree? The hospital or APHRA?

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov...7puzOixw%3d%3d look at Criterion three:

"The criterion for a registered nurse or midwife is met when the applicant has a minimum qualification of a Bachelor degree, or qualification combined with experience that is comparable in duration and content to the nationally agreed minimal educational standard for nursing and midwifery in Australia."

EU Directives prescribes nursing education in the EU countries. This is accepted, with evidence of CPD, as equivalent in Australia.