CANADA: WORK PERMIT TIMELINE

Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CANADA: WORK PERMIT TIMELINE

Originally Posted by sioux
we had our medicals on the 29th of July, so exactly a week ago. I hope it will be 3 weeks like walker05 etc.
I am getting tired of the stress
Hi Sioux, was wondering if you have heard anything from the CHC, I asking as I had my medical on the 30th June and havent heard anything yet. I emailed the CHC last saturday to ask how things are progressing but they havent replied to this yet.!!!!!
Starting to worry now!!! We want to go out to Vancouver the end sept/ beginning oct, have handed my notice in work and have 2 weeks left!
hope to hear something next week.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by VanSte2000
Hi Sioux, was wondering if you have heard anything from the CHC, I asking as I had my medical on the 30th June and havent heard anything yet. I emailed the CHC last saturday to ask how things are progressing but they havent replied to this yet.!!!!!
Starting to worry now!!! We want to go out to Vancouver the end sept/ beginning oct, have handed my notice in work and have 2 weeks left!
I would recommed chasin up when your med results where sent to the CHC by your doctor, our sat on them for 2 weeks before sending them ! at least you would know? no point waiting on something when they havent got the info to make the decision in the first place!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by walkerv05
I would recommed chasin up when your med results where sent to the CHC by your doctor, our sat on them for 2 weeks before sending them ! at least you would know? no point waiting on something when they havent got the info to make the decision in the first place!
Hi thanks, have already thought about that have checked my medical was sent special delievery to CHC on the 7th july and they recieved them on the 8th july.
So they should hopefully reported on them by now (but you never know).
Also wondering why they havent replied to my email yet hope there isnt a problem.
I think you start to become paranoid over everything!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

My meds was done on 9th of JUNE and still nothing in the post for me. In the meantime I have been to Calgary for 2 weeks.

At present I have no idea on how they issue the TWP cos some nurses got theirs even though they did their medical after mine. I remember one nurse did her meds in January and got hers in July.

I have emailed them last Monday and still no replies from them. I just have to wait in the queue. It does not matter who came first. That's how I feel here.

Ibby
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Hie
sorry for the delay in replying, I had taken a week off thinking about CANADA:curse:. No I haven't heard anyting yet, but to be honest, I am not expecting anyting back for another 3-4 weeks. I understand its slower over the summer. And from looking at other peoples timescales, you should expect to wait a minimum of a month after medicals.
Let me know if you hear anything.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I won't be surprised if you get yours before mine. Anyway I just carry on working until I get it. Money will come in handy when you will get there. I heard some people resigning before they are issued the TWP. I would not do anything until I see the visa stamped on my passport.

Bye

Ibby
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

ibbye13, have you heard anything yet? How many weeks has it been for you now?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sioux

You are lucky they replied to your email within 2 days. I sent them an email on the 3rd of August and still no reply from them. I have been waitting for my TWP since my meds were done on 9th of June. I dont even wait for the postman anymore.

If it comes fine or else i just carry on working until it lands on the doorstep. I feel better since i adopted this attitude towards the TWP. I just think about making some dosh so i can use it there when i leave the UK. Maximise your pocket money is the motto now.

I will email them in a few days...cos it will be 28 days now and dont forget that the automated reply says the embassy will try to reply to your email within 28 days.

Anyway, dont take my timeline as standard cos each one has got a different timeline as i mentioned before. One nurse from this forum had got hers within 4 weeks post medical. You never know your luck.

Take care

Bye
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Anyone heard anything yet?

Can I just check I've got this right...... for a job in healthcare, you have to submit your application for a TWP then wait for them to send you the paperwork to get your medical done? A friend who is currently in Canada was told by one of the immigration officials that you have to have the medical done BEFORE you apply for TWP which has left us both confused now
Help!
I'm going via the PNP route and my employer was expecting me to start on Oct 1st. However, didn't realise that I needed to apply for TWP as well. My PNP application was submitted June 21st and I haven't heard anything from them, other than the communication passed on by my employer. At this rate, I'll be lucky to get out there by Oct 1st 2009 As I understand it, I need the letter of nomination from PNP to be able to appply for a TWP in the first place.... Gee, this is all so confusing
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minimeeze

Can I just check I've got this right...... for a job in healthcare, you have to submit your application for a TWP then wait for them to send you the paperwork to get your medical done? A friend who is currently in Canada was told by one of the immigration officials that you have to have the medical done BEFORE you apply for TWP which has left us both confused now
Help!
I'm going via the PNP route and my employer was expecting me to start on Oct 1st. However, didn't realise that I needed to apply for TWP as well. My PNP application was submitted June 21st and I haven't heard anything from them, other than the communication passed on by my employer. At this rate, I'll be lucky to get out there by Oct 1st 2009 As I understand it, I need the letter of nomination from PNP to be able to appply for a TWP in the first place.... Gee, this is all so confusing
Hi,
I dont now anything about the PNP route, I can only say what I did. I got a job offer applied for nursing registration and then applied for TWP, 3 weeks after sending my TWP application I received confirmation from them and the forms to have a medical ( the DMP need these form to complete your medical). I have just received my TWP in the post this morning yiphee!!!!

All together it has taken 15 months but I didnt really rush anything we fly out to Vancouver on the 11th October.

Hope some of this helps.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Hi,
I dont now anything about the PNP route, I can only say what I did. I got a job offer applied for nursing registration and then applied for TWP, 3 weeks after sending my TWP application I received confirmation from them and the forms to have a medical ( the DMP need these form to complete your medical). I have just received my TWP in the post this morning yiphee!!!!

All together it has taken 15 months but I didnt really rush anything we fly out to Vancouver on the 11th October.

Hope some of this helps.
Thanks for the info, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Hope some of this helps.
You say that so calmly...CONGRATULATIONS!!I have been keeping an eye on your timeline. Bet you're happy etc etc, enjoy the celebrations?
Where will you be working/living etc
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the congrats!!

We are moving to North Vancouver and I will be working in Lionsgate Hospital. We have just booked our flights for 11th October and I will hand my notice in to work on Monday.

I cant wait now. Its all systems go.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minimeeze

Help!
If working in the healthcare setting then you need medical before you get TWP. For us it was a letter to show once we landed and TWP was issued in Canada. I haven't yet started working as dh was the one who got TWP but was told I would need medical before I could apply to hospitals and get my work permit
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

it's finally happened for me today. I got my work permit application approved. In total, that was 11 weeks, I think. Longest 3 months of my life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.