Breaking the contract

Old May 4th 2004, 9:03 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Question Breaking the contract

Has anyone here gone to the US on a green card with a nursing agency and then broken the contract? I want to know if there were any issues with keeping the green card after leaving the company before the contract was finished. Do you know anyone that broke a contract? Did they have to pay a penalty? I would just like some input and hear about your experiences or those of people you have worked with.
Old May 7th 2004, 8:59 pm
ANI
Just Joined

ANI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE-BREAKING CONTRACTS

YOU CAN BREAK CONTRACTS IF YOU CAME OVER WITH NURSING AGENCY WHICH I DID IT WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR GREEN CARD YOU CAN CHANGE JOBS IF YOU WISH I CAME OVER 8 MONTHS AGO WITH A WELL KNOWN NURSING AGENCY FROM THE UK THE JOB WAS A BLOODY NIGHTMARE IT IS NOT ALL ROSES AND WHO CARES IF THE SUN IS SHINING IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY AT YOUR WORK I AM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY NURSE IN THIS POSITION BUT FEW SPEAK ABOUT IT I AM TAKING A FEW WEEKS OFF THEN I WILL GET ANOTHER JOB AS IT WILL BE ANOTHER YEAR BEFORE I GET VACATION TIME PROBALY. IF YOU NEED ANY ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT E MAIL ME IF YOU LIKE.
Old May 8th 2004, 10:34 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Did you take legal advice? How do you know it's ok to change jobs? When I had my embassy interview for my green card I had to sign a paper stating I intended to travel as arranged and take up post, as the visa was issued in relation to the job. What agency did you come over with? Just interested to compare.