Australian Nursing - Sponsorship or PR

Old Mar 10th 2014, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australian Nursing - Sponsorship or PR

The Australian Feederal Government has ordered a review into the 457 sponsored visa, and is also looking at the overall Health Budget and States have been told to cut back accordingly.

Due to the uncertainty surrounding the 457 visa, many hospitals are no longer offering this option to overseas nurses. Some, however (especially in rural areas) may still provide employer sponsorship to outstanding, overseas candidates.

There are, however, a couple of alternatives, and these are Permanent Residency and the Working Holiday Visa.

The latter is only for those under 30, and allows visa holders to work for any one employer for up to 6 months. The visa last for up to 12 months.

Permanent Residency probably shows a longer term commitment, and those with Australian PR are able to move around the country at will, and can commence and leave employment accordingly.

The downside is that this path does cost more, and all of that cost is down to the applicant. However, as a Permanent Resident, applicants are still citizens of their OWN country, and the freedom to return "home" is also an option.

My agency, Paramount Resourcing, has an association with a leading Australian Registered Migration Agent, who is able to provide advice (initially free), and work on the applicant's behalf to ensure a speedy process for a PR visa. As we work closely together, we are able to continue to seek out suitable vacancies for candidates, and advise potential employers on the state of visa applications.

Please also be aware, that many "Migration Agents" are NOT registered in Australia, and that only Australian Registered Migration Agents with a MARN number, are authorised by the Australian Government to provide Australian Visa advice. This means that applicants are only covered for potential compensation under Australian law, if they have employed an ARMA.

Please contact me if you require further information, or if you would like a referral to our associate ARMA for an initial free assessment.

EMAIL ME HERE

Last edited by genorm; Mar 10th 2014 at 11:08 am.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Nursing - Sponsorship or PR

Hi Genorm,
Does this mean that you will no longer be provide job offers that come with sponsorship?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No, we still have sponsored positions, just that they may become fewer over the coming months.

Congratulations on your IELTS results BTW

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Hi Genorm,
Does this mean that you will no longer be provide job offers that come with sponsorship?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ah thank god for that! Oh and thanks re IELTS btw.
So Im trying to get things together as soon as humanly possible, just need a few more pieces of evidence for AHPRA then my applications ready to go. Send it to Darwin office then? Hopefully ill be ready to look for work come June?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

*If i send my docs to AHPRA by April.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hopefully yes. BTW the "Application Fee" is a one off payment, so you don't need to pay that twice in a month whenever you submit your paperwork. And my understanding is that your registration fee should only be taken when they grant you registration.

Let me know as soon as you get an email from AHPRA acknowledging receipt of your application.

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
*If i send my docs to AHPRA by April.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Will do thanks! Look forward to working with you on this!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

mdhillug03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm looking at gaining my nursing reg. Re certified documents, who can certify them here in the UK?

Has anybody got recent experince of this? How much did it cost? Who did it etc.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards Mark
Old Mar 17th 2014, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

They can be certified by a Notary or JP

There is usually t least one employed at your local hospital.

Costs vary unfortunately, some say a few pounds, others are up around 70 or 80.

Originally Posted by mdhillug03
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I'm looking at gaining my nursing reg. Re certified documents, who can certify them here in the UK?

Has anybody got recent experince of this? How much did it cost? Who did it etc.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards Mark
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

jeffy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

How much would a migration agent cost roughly and what exactly would they do for you?

do they deal with all paperwork, do they negotiate which visa to go for?
is it quicker to get a visa?

I've been looking at times on the immigov site and its stating 6 months!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Visa COSTS are fixed. Migration Agent fees vary, but I have one in my network who is extremely reasonable. The major advantage of using a MARA Agent is that you are covered legally by the Australian government as Agents are subject to legislation. They manage your application and deal directly on your behalf with Immigration department.

It's worth the money, after all, making a new life at the other side of the world is a massive step.

Originally Posted by jeffy22
How much would a migration agent cost roughly and what exactly would they do for you?

do they deal with all paperwork, do they negotiate which visa to go for?
is it quicker to get a visa?

I've been looking at times on the immigov site and its stating 6 months!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify from the opening post, Working Holiday Visa's (WHV) are open to anyone who has turned 18 and not yet turned 31

To use this visa, you cannot have a dependant child accompanying you in Australia.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.
I started my MH nursing diploma with a view to moving to Aus. I now have 6 months left until i hopefully qualify and am very confused as to the process.
Initially I was looking at a RSMS visa, seemed to fit perfect as not only do you not need experience, but you have the security of being in full time employment for 2 years.
Originally looking at Adelaide but have seen that recently Perth is now a 'regional' area, broadening my options.
Just been on the SA immigration website and it now looks like I will need 3 years experience post qualification to get a Regional Sponsored visa, am I interpreting this correctly?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aja424
Hi there.
I started my MH nursing diploma with a view to moving to Aus. I now have 6 months left until i hopefully qualify and am very confused as to the process.
Initially I was looking at a RSMS visa, seemed to fit perfect as not only do you not need experience, but you have the security of being in full time employment for 2 years.
Originally looking at Adelaide but have seen that recently Perth is now a 'regional' area, broadening my options.
Just been on the SA immigration website and it now looks like I will need 3 years experience post qualification to get a Regional Sponsored visa, am I interpreting this correctly?
It does look that way. You should be aware though that regional sponsorship does not guarantee employment - you need to live for 2 years, and work for at least 1 year in a regional area to be eligible for PR - there is no guarantee of employment.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

It's no good giving advice about what might be relevant 6-12-18 months down the track as things are never constant in the profession and in the requirements of employers, due to changing budgets and visa legislation.

At the moment, South Australia is not a very good example as their health Service does not advertise many sponsored roles, indeed, a lot of their jobs are zero hours contract/casual positions.

You will be much better applying when you have qualified, have 6 months post graduate experience, have submitted your AHPRA registration and are in a position to move once that is granted.

Currently, we are seeing a peak in the number of positions on offer, but a gradual fall in the number of employer sponsored positions. State sponsorship does not guarantee a job, neither does PR, but the latter is expected to become more popular for employers over the term of this present government. There could even be a move for employers to sponsore PR candidates directly, but this will depend on supply and demand.

The only thing that is certain is that it keeps everybody involved on our toes, as we attempt to keep abreast of the daily situation.

Originally Posted by aja424
Hi there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.