Australian immigration skills expo london

Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice
Default Australian immigration skills expo london

Hi guys, just seen in the local rag that the aussie government is holding a work skills expo in London on the 15th/16th March...my OH has just applied for an invite and they don't disclose where its being held until you get your 'said' invite...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/index.htm

I assume this isn't the first time they've done this.. does anyone know where they usually hold this? Wanting to know as we would be travelling from Manchester and its bloody expensive to travel if you don't book something ahead!

Also anyone have any clue who will be there?

i.e. which nursing agencies or health authorities...we're still waiting for mater to return to the UK...cmon mater where are you!??!?!

Jamie
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

jo1304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian immigration skills expo london

Hi, do you mind if i ask when you applied as we have also applied approx 1 week ago but havent yet had a reply. We will be travelling from Scotland and really need a bit of notice.Many thanks.
Originally Posted by jam76
Hi guys, just seen in the local rag that the aussie government is holding a work skills expo in London on the 15th/16th March...my OH has just applied for an invite and they don't disclose where its being held until you get your 'said' invite...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/index.htm

I assume this isn't the first time they've done this.. does anyone know where they usually hold this? Wanting to know as we would be travelling from Manchester and its bloody expensive to travel if you don't book something ahead!

Also anyone have any clue who will be there?

i.e. which nursing agencies or health authorities...we're still waiting for mater to return to the UK...cmon mater where are you!??!?!

Jamie
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Hi Jo, We're still waiting....so ya not alone..
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Australian immigration skills expo london

HI I ended up contacting them and they advised that they are still processing applications and the invites will be out on the 3rd March.Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

mollyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Australian immigration skills expo london

Hi all, this is my first post. Been reading for weeks now but just thought I would try and help out today as I`ve just had e-mail invite to the London expo. It`s at Australia house on the strand at Aldwych, but it`s all very official and you have to book an entry time slot by 5th March, by e-mail. There are loads of restrictions and you can`t even take OH. Only the person who has registered is allowed in! You have to take id and there isn`t even refreshments or toilets available to use! you have to use the public toilets outside. I`m still going to give it a go. The more info the better. I`m already applying for skilled I visa 175, hopefully in very near future. Hoping to move within the next 14 months. Hope this is of some use.
Lesley.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

jacm will become famous soon enoughjacm will become famous soon enough

Hi, I applied about three weeks ago and am still waiting..... I was giving up hope of receiving one but its encouraging to see invites will be sent out until the 3rd.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

glennmatchett is an unknown quantity at this point

well it looks like we might be changing our application and make my wife the lead because she was invited for this expo and I was not so it looks like I might be a house husband for a few months when we get there
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

jacm will become famous soon enoughjacm will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Australian immigration skills expo london

Well the third has been and gone!! Am I the only nurse not to get an invite or are there others?? Perhaps its because I am now 45.. but then I do have an application in..???
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jacm
Well the third has been and gone!! Am I the only nurse not to get an invite or are there others?? Perhaps its because I am now 45.. but then I do have an application in..???
Hi, don't give up hope yet, we just recieved an invitation this morning, although it is just for my husband as he is the main applicant, dissapointed that we cant all go but he will propbably get on better without the kids at his feet.My husband has applied under the Systems Manager (oracle) Modl, however he dosent have a degree qualification so he is about to start the RPL route and then hopefully apply for a visa, he has 17yrs exp in systems and he is 42 so we really need to do it now.
Hope you get mail today. Im away to book his flight now as he is flying from glasgow.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mollyb
Hi all, this is my first post. Been reading for weeks now but just thought I would try and help out today as I`ve just had e-mail invite to the London expo. It`s at Australia house on the strand at Aldwych, but it`s all very official and you have to book an entry time slot by 5th March, by e-mail. There are loads of restrictions and you can`t even take OH. Only the person who has registered is allowed in! You have to take id and there isn`t even refreshments or toilets available to use! you have to use the public toilets outside. I`m still going to give it a go. The more info the better. I`m already applying for skilled I visa 175, hopefully in very near future. Hoping to move within the next 14 months. Hope this is of some use.
Lesley.
So are you or OH going Lesley ??
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

ashr is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys, just found this website just what i need other people in the same boat as me.
we've been thinking about going to wa for some time and i'm going to expo on 16th. anyone else????
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

mollyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul
sitting here with Alan trawling this site as usual. So you still look in now and again! Thanks for the e-mail. It made us both feel better and back to our original plan of Melbourne. We are both going to London and will make a break of it. Just trying to find somewhere to stay. I booked 9 to get in on the Sunday. So want somewhere near.
Speak to you soon.
Lesley.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:57 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, My wifes going on Sunday,booked in at 11.15 (for the 12 0 clock South Australian seminar), Shes a final year nursing student, so I guess they may be looking at recruitment for their graduate nurse programme? , hopefully!

Originally Posted by jacm
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

So how was it folks??
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:18 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not on until next Sat/Sun 15/16th March, i m sure there will be comments on it then

Originally Posted by paulb
So how was it folks??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.