Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

APPRA Application, 175 visa, skills assessment, sunshine coast and nambour hospital

APPRA Application, 175 visa, skills assessment, sunshine coast and nambour hospital

Old Aug 14th 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice
Default APPRA Application, 175 visa, skills assessment, sunshine coast and nambour hospital

AHPRA Application, 175 visa, Skills Assessment, Sunshine Coast and Nambour Hospital.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just sent off my application to AHPRA and am wondering how long the process may take.

I then have to complete a skills assessment and guess I then lodge the visa application, followed by medicals, children aged 11, 9 and 4.

I am a Nurse, applying for the 175 visa through an emmigration expert and will also have sponsorship from my brother who lives in Brisbane. I have passed the IELTS test, 9, 8, 8 and 7.

I plan to live with my husband and 3 children on the Sunshine Coast, (Buderim) area and hope to nurse at Nambour Hospital.

Any advice or nurses heading that way I would like to get in touch and find out how your application may be going.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ruth (age 34)
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: APPRA Application, 175 visa, skills assessment, sunshine coast and nambour hospit

Hello Ruth,

I think I may have worked a bank shift with you last year at RR?

I am now qualified and hoping to move to toowoomba asap. What do ou have to do to get your skills assessed?

My plan is to apply for registration now as it appears that this may take up to 3 months.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice
Smile Re: APPRA Application, 175 visa, skills assessment, sunshine coast and nambour hospit

Originally Posted by Mittens
Hello Ruth,

I am now qualified and hoping to move to toowoomba asap. What do ou have to do to get your skills assessed?

My plan is to apply for registration now as it appears that this may take up to 3 months.
Hi there,, where is RR??

I have been working on the Emergency Unit at my local hospital for a year now. Have you passed the IELTS test?? It took me 6 attempts, kept getting 6.5 in the reading!! still all behind me now thank goodness, more stressful than going to UNI!

Who informed you it takes 3 months to gain registration, it appears that APRHA arent processing any overseas applications at present as they have no process in place to enter them!! Nobody seems to be able to help me and I have emailed APRHA directly and heard nothing!!!

All very frustrating!!

I have not completed the skills assessement yet as I believe if you have registation it reduces the cost of the skills assessment..

I am so keen to crack on the whole process is a tad frustrating as I feel helpless at the moment and unable to do anything to push things forward. I need to know if APRHA will be processing applications anytime soon, so if anyone has any news please spread it!!!!

Many Thanks

Hope to hear from you again

Ruth
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: APPRA Application, 175 visa, skills assessment, sunshine coast and nambour hospit

Originally Posted by ruthnurse
Hi there,, where is RR??

I have been working on the Emergency Unit at my local hospital for a year now. Have you passed the IELTS test?? It took me 6 attempts, kept getting 6.5 in the reading!! still all behind me now thank goodness, more stressful than going to UNI!

Who informed you it takes 3 months to gain registration, it appears that APRHA arent processing any overseas applications at present as they have no process in place to enter them!! Nobody seems to be able to help me and I have emailed APRHA directly and heard nothing!!!

All very frustrating!!

I have not completed the skills assessement yet as I believe if you have registation it reduces the cost of the skills assessment..

I am so keen to crack on the whole process is a tad frustrating as I feel helpless at the moment and unable to do anything to push things forward. I need to know if APRHA will be processing applications anytime soon, so if anyone has any news please spread it!!!!

Many Thanks

Hope to hear from you again

Ruth
RR - rapid response.

I managed to scrape through with a 7 for the reading - so luckily yes, I have done the IELTS

Is seems as if this new centralised system is having some teething problems so hopefully if will get sorted soon. I agree I am getting frustrated too - I read on the forum that someone said three months. I have also e-mailed them and waiting for a response.

Will keep you updated if I hear something.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

RR - rapid response.

I managed to scrape through with a 7 for the reading - so luckily yes, I have done the IELTS

Is seems as if this new centralised system is having some teething problems so hopefully if will get sorted soon. I agree I am getting frustrated too - I read on the forum that someone said three months. I have also e-mailed them and waiting for a response.

Will keep you updated if I hear something.
Oh wow rapid response!! yes however, I don't remember you!! sorry!! what a shame... anyway,,,, yes please please keep me posted!!! I hadn't heard about the teething problems.. with the system, who informed you of that. I will keep you posted too, let me know how things are going.

Ruth
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice

hi all!!! starting to get worried now i hear ruthnurse saying that they are not processing applications!! im going to email them and if i find out anything i will post on here
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Hello Ruth,

Hi

The APHRA website states it can take up to 90 days to process the application for registration. My friend recently got her's through after waiting 3 months.

Nessie
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nessie1970
Hi

The APHRA website states it can take up to 90 days to process the application for registration. My friend recently got her's through after waiting 3 months.

Nessie
Nightmare!!! 3 months to wait... well I guess thats better than nothing, maybe I should just go ahead with the skills assessment then even though it will cost more.. Do you think its worth registering with WA Nursing Board... ??? Is it NWMBA or something?? not sure... another member said they were going to register with them as well.. I hadn't heard of them.

Ruth
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nessie1970
Hi

Nessie
Lucky her.. I guess the good thing is that they have received my application and now I just have to wait!!

Ruth
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road

God.... Just by reading everybody's comments... I'm feeling very scared about my IETLS... I'd be happy with my 8, 7, 7, 8 from four years ago.... I will be devastated if I had to re sit as I'm supposed to be in Oz by November..... :-(
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zeneco26
God.... Just by reading everybody's comments... I'm feeling very scared about my IETLS... I'd be happy with my 8, 7, 7, 8 from four years ago.... I will be devastated if I had to re sit as I'm supposed to be in Oz by November..... :-(
Good luck!! when do you sit the test?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road

Last Saturday.... I'll find out on the 10th... I'm picking up my results in person!!!! Thanks!!!