Applying for skilled visa as RN

Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for skilled visa as RN

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
What controversial changes would they be? That doesnt sound too promising!
The last lot of changes made market testing more enforceable, meaning employers have to prove they can't get an Aussie to do the job. Also they tightened up on English speaking/comprehension. 457s get a lot of flack in the press here as being a cheap way of bringing in foreign labour, and tightening u on them always gets lots of press exposure.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have to put a rider into ads to the effect that Aussies would be given first chance at jobs, but the employers have that in their procedures now so it's taken as a given.

I wonder how Australian born and bred would get on with IELTS

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The last lot of changes made market testing more enforceable, meaning employers have to prove they can't get an Aussie to do the job. Also they tightened up on English speaking/comprehension. 457s get a lot of flack in the press here as being a cheap way of bringing in foreign labour, and tightening u on them always gets lots of press exposure.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by genorm
We used to have to put a rider into ads to the effect that Aussies would be given first chance at jobs, but the employers have that in their procedures now so it's taken as a given.

I wonder how Australian born and bred would get on with IELTS
Interesting thought.... I know a lot of Brits would/do struggle with it for many reasons, including the fact we aren't taught English with a view to taking exams in it, we just learn it by osmosis, unlike people from countries where English is not the first language. j guess Aussies are similar, most of them are brought up with it as the language spoken in the home. Some conversations with Aussies though still leave me baffled, even after ten years..... so its an interesting one to ponder, would they pass the test that they insist on many Brits taking?

(if I have another discussion with an Aussie about the difference between draws and drawers I may scream.....!)