APHRA finally

Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile APHRA finally

HEYYYYYYYYYYY I got my confirmation email .............. I am registered and now just have to sell enough tickets in my house raffle and then I can go back home .......... Its taken a good 12 months from start to finish , mainly because they mistyped my email address and archived my file and took a trip home to sort it and find out the solicitor who had signed all my docs was not suitable so had to get them all signed by a JP at the local court house ...... all 76 docs and only cost £25 and then posting it all back to Oz 3 months ago............................. :
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: APHRA finally

Great news. Good luck with the raffle xx
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: APHRA finally

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Great news. Good luck with the raffle xx
Thanks Jilliebee, its slower than I thought it would be but am selling tickets slowly but surely
Old Jul 5th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

melsycamore is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations i am having major issues with APHRA have been trying to get registered for about 4 months now they keep asking for extra information which sometimes they already have. did you have the same trouble. I am living in oz and it is hard to keep going back to the uk for info.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by melsycamore
congratulations i am having major issues with APHRA have been trying to get registered for about 4 months now they keep asking for extra information which sometimes they already have. did you have the same trouble. I am living in oz and it is hard to keep going back to the uk for info.
I sent docs that were signed by a solicitor and because they mistyped my email address and could not get a reply from me they archived my application til I went home in March.
I found out what had happened but because of the time lapse and their changes I had to have all the docs redone and signed by a JP, these were sent back at the start of May.

Which office did you send them to Melsycamore? What extra information are they after and yes it is difficult either way to get the info, I had meant to take my docs with me when I went home and forgot at the last minutes.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

hi

They said that my reference from the uk was not good enough so i had to get yet another one sent over and they have still said it is not good enough, I am now waiting for a 3rd one to arrive hopefully with all the details that they require. They also said that my cv I had professioanlly typed was not good enough, they also wanted a full transcript from christchurch uni which took 6 weeks. They had all my CPD information back in april and have now asked for it all again, I rang them and told them they have already got it but because my certificates does not have the amount of hours on it they are saying that these are not good enough. It just seems that its one thing after another. I lodged my application back in march and i am still having problems. I sent my application to the perth offfice as I am living in WA.

mel sycamore
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

hi

They said that my reference from the uk was not good enough so i had to get yet another one sent over and they have still said it is not good enough, I am now waiting for a 3rd one to arrive hopefully with all the details that they require. They also said that my cv I had professioanlly typed was not good enough, they also wanted a full transcript from christchurch uni which took 6 weeks. They had all my CPD information back in april and have now asked for it all again, I rang them and told them they have already got it but because my certificates does not have the amount of hours on it they are saying that these are not good enough. It just seems that its one thing after another. I lodged my application back in march and i am still having problems. I sent my application to the perth offfice as I am living in WA.

mel sycamore
Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble, my reference was very simple both of them, 1 a ward manager and the other a nurse I worked with,,, both just stating the fact that I worked from date to date the ward manager put full time I think....... The CV has to follow their format otherwise they reject it .
The full transcript is what they ask of every uni and some only send the units and not a break down of hours on placement and spent in theory. None of my CPD certificates had hours on them ........
It does not help when they request more infor that they also need certifying as well ......... I have heard it was a lot easier before Ahpra ....... but gues sthey will not switch back, maybe we can stop being nurses and get into their offices and show them how it should be done ..........
Old Jul 6th 2012, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Hi sheeni

lol i think you maybe right about us going into their offices and show them how its done. My references are quite indetail but not in detail enough apparantley. They want to know what my duties were in more detail even though it was in the reference and alot of other things but as they now have 2 references they prob have all the info that they need they will just not put the 2 letters together. I did speak to the JP when she was signing my letters and told her of the problems that i was having and she said that if I had any more then i was to got to see her as she was an ex nurse and is annoyed that nurses are having trouble getting registered when they have been qualified in the uk already for so long. I have been qualified for 4 years now and i feel that this is an insult to my qualification.

mel
Old Jul 6th 2012, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi sheeni

lol i think you maybe right about us going into their offices and show them how its done. My references are quite indetail but not in detail enough apparantley. They want to know what my duties were in more detail even though it was in the reference and alot of other things but as they now have 2 references they prob have all the info that they need they will just not put the 2 letters together. I did speak to the JP when she was signing my letters and told her of the problems that i was having and she said that if I had any more then i was to got to see her as she was an ex nurse and is annoyed that nurses are having trouble getting registered when they have been qualified in the uk already for so long. I have been qualified for 4 years now and i feel that this is an insult to my qualification.

mel
Hi Melsycamore,
I was able to get a job description for my duties plus I put more readable ones in my CV per job. So my reference was very short and did not mention my pay. After 4 years your duties would be nealy automatic and its easy to forget some.
I also printed off their guidelines as to how they wanted things signed and now the magistraits court is having a rubber stamp made up with the exact wording on it to cut down the time it took to have mine done.

Hope they have everything and you get word soon that you are registered
Old Jul 6th 2012, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Hi sheeni

thanks i hope i get all the info that they want as well because i have a job waiting for me and i am really looking forward to starting and living in oz.

mel