Anyone over 45 going to Australia ?

Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

nurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura about
Wink Anyone over 45 going to Australia ?

Is there anyone who is over 45 applying to live/work in Australia?
I've been told I need an RSMS visa but before I can apply for It I need a job offer.Can anyone help with names of hospitals in Queensland or nursing agencies over here who find jobs for nurses in Queensland.I am prepared to work anywhere so any of the above info that applies to other areas of Australia would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks Alison
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone over 45 going to Australia ?

Originally Posted by nurseali
I've been told I need an RSMS visa but before I can apply for It I need a job offer.Can anyone help with names of hospitals in Queensland or nursing agencies over here who find jobs for nurses in Queensland.I am prepared to work anywhere so any of the above info that applies to other areas of Australia would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks Alison
Have you thought of using the state government websites as a source, also the yellow pages or web directories?

You are more likely to find a hospital prepared to sponsor for a permanent visa like ENS/RSMS (as opposed to a messy temporary visa) if you look outside the four major cities.

Adelaide is the largest city that's eligible for RSMS. I wouldn't rule out the mainstream ENS visa either, but the problem is that in the major cities hospitals are more reluctant to sponsor for permanent visas.

Another option is to talk to the state migration authorities in South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and WA - they can't help with general skilled sponsorship as you're over 45 but they may be able to put you in touch with hospitals who might be keen to sponsor for ENS or RSMS.

Good luck.

Jeremy
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:27 pm
all or nothing

disco duck is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alison
Hi Alison - I am in that boat with you! I am now 46 and well on my way to emigrating to NZ. Initially I wanted to go to Australia (nursing) but when I found out they won't take anyone over 45 I decided to look elsewhere. When one door closes, another one opens. I am going by myself. I don't know anyone over there. I must be bonkers. :scared: Feel the fear and do it anyway!
Hazel
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi Im hoping to get Oz via a RSMS visa just doing diploma course at uni then hopefully will eventally get to Townsville Goood luck ireland
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

nurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura aboutnurseali has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Anyone over 45 going to Australia ?

Originally Posted by disco duck
Hi Alison - I am in that boat with you! I am now 46 and well on my way to emigrating to NZ. Initially I wanted to go to Australia (nursing) but when I found out they won't take anyone over 45 I decided to look elsewhere. When one door closes, another one opens. I am going by myself. I don't know anyone over there. I must be bonkers. :scared: Feel the fear and do it anyway!
Hazel
Hi Hazel,
have sent you a private message.
Alison
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Anyone over 45 going to Australia ?

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi Im hoping to get Oz via a RSMS visa just doing diploma course at uni then hopefully will eventally get to Townsville Goood luck ireland
Hi Ireland,
Good luck, I'm hoping to go by the RSMS visa route as well.Let me know how it goes.
Alison
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi Alison certainly will keep you posted now its back to the studying love ireland x
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:55 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alison
My hubby was sponsored and got a 457 visa via an agency to work in Pinjarra Hills Brisbane. He's 57 and had no problems, as for PR he will get it through me cos I'm in my 30's. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meelie
My hubby was sponsored and got a 457 visa via an agency to work in Pinjarra Hills Brisbane. He's 57 and had no problems, as for PR he will get it through me cos I'm in my 30's. Hope this helps.
HI which agency did you use? If possible could you gve me the details.
Thanks Alison
Old Aug 14th 2005, 6:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

HI which agency did you use? If possible could you gve me the details.
Thanks Alison

Agencies won't generally sponsor for permanent visas - only temporary ones.

Look for a hospital prepared to hire you directly and sponsor for a permanent visa like RSMS.

Lots of members here have tried the 'agency' route and ended up in a complete mess because of temporary visa restrictions. It's only to be contemplated by those who have got skilled independent visas and can work for whomever they like.

Jeremy
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:09 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ireland,
Good luck, I'm hoping to go by the RSMS visa route as well.Let me know how it goes.
Alison
Just had to say its weird seeing your username Nurseali as my surname is Ali and my hubby was called Ali by his friends in UK.