Anyone going to Health expo in London: March 2010

Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:45 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going to Health expo in London: March 2010

Link

I'm thinking of going. Anyone been to one before?

Last edited by Kapri; Feb 21st 2010 at 7:47 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:07 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Health expo in London: March 2010

ive heard mixed review over the years ... im hoping to get to the manchester one
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kapri
Link

I'm thinking of going. Anyone been to one before?

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
ive heard mixed review over the years ... im hoping to get to the manchester one
Hi, I went to the Manchester Expo in Sept/Oct 09. I met a couple of potential employers and kept in touch with one who was really nice. I have been able to secure permenant employment with them. I would defo say it was worth it and would even go again (manchester) just to have a look around
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:18 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
Hi Tired,
Feel like I know you well so wanted to flag a word of caution!!
A few of us reular posters went to Expo late last year - just want to alert - EXPO push for you to register Expression of interest, which is fine for many - but need to be aware that usual for EOI to give base grade salaries - see post:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...13#post8318613 for full details.
I was glad to have been given sound advice from Nursing Officer in Oz, or else I would have walked blindly into this..........! Thought I should share this with you
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rahrah
Hi Tired,
A few of us reular posters went to Expo late last year - just want to alert - EXPO push for you to register Expression of interest, which is fine for many - but need to be aware that usual for EOI to give base grade salaries - see post:
I was glad to have been given sound advice from Nursing Officer in Oz, or else I would have walked blindly into this..........! Thought I should share this with you
My hospital have said that I would be Div 1, Grade 2 with 5 years experience. I have almost 5 years experience here so I am happy with that. I was very reluctant to do an EOI due to finding out that they only pay base salary.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:29 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wilson01
My hospital have said that I would be Div 1, Grade 2 with 5 years experience. I have almost 5 years experience here so I am happy with that. I was very reluctant to do an EOI due to finding out that they only pay base salary.
I know - sneaky!! I was defo not made aware at Expo that if I lodged I would get base grade pay - I think we all realise that when off to another country that you need to take a cut in pay, But base grade when you have experince is a little cheeky, I feel!!
So glad that your fixed up........you're clearly delighted with your new prospectes - good on Ya All I need to do is dismantle this life here () get my sweaty mitts on Visa and then be sorted!!!! (I wish it was that easy....!)
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:31 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

I know - sneaky!! I was defo not made aware at Expo that if I lodged I would get base grade pay - I think we all realise that when off to another country that you need to take a cut in pay, But base grade when you have experince is a little cheeky, I feel!!
So glad that your fixed up........you're clearly delighted with your new prospectes - good on Ya All I need to do is dismantle this life here () get my sweaty mitts on Visa and then be sorted!!!! (I wish it was that easy....!)
P.S - I know have passed my IELTS but my spelling tonight is horrendous - I think it's that bottle of wine........................
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tired,
thanks for that!!
im umming and ahing about whether to go now, as i was going to apply to do my ielts on the saturday 21st march ... im now in 'wait and see' mode after the recent changes so dont want to commit to a temp/ens visa then find come summer when they change the rules again and we are eligable for pr
perhaps thats wishful thinking ... but think i will concentrate on getting my skills assessment done so wont go to the expo.
thanks again
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

I went to the one in Dublin in October last year, there was only 2 employers which were relevant to me as a paediatric nurse, I think we spent 30 minutes there in total, if I hadn't had an interview in Dublin with one of the hospitals (arranged previously by myself, not through the expo) then it would have been a disappointment to have traveled to Dublin for it. Most of the employers seemed focused on the 457 visa and didn't seem to aware of the PR visa stuff.

As Rahrah says its good to know about the EOI, meaning you only get basepay especially for someone with many years of experience or with a specialty.

Last edited by itsmylife; Feb 22nd 2010 at 11:23 am.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:43 am
Just Joined

ajj211282 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know where abouts and the dates of any future ones coming up? thanks.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

dannes is just really nicedannes is just really nicedannes is just really nicedannes is just really nicedannes is just really nicedannes is just really nicedannes is just really nicedannes is just really nice

http://www.expo-health.com/

Gives all the dates and places. I am going to the london expo - not sure what i am expecting. not after a job, but hope to make some contacts and gain any info helpful to the applicaton process of both visas and jobs.

Failing that, just a day out without kids and OH, and whilst on the train, plenty of time to revise for my IELTS the following W/E!!

Dannes