Any Radiographers out there?

Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

coffee2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Radiographers out there?

Originally Posted by anthk
really?
so basically I won't be able to work in the UK?!
2 years and that's it?
I think you can go back to your home country after the Tier 5 expires and then apply for the Tier 2. I also heard that you can get your employer to sponsor for the Tier 2 while you are still in the UK under the Tier 5 but it's difficult and involves a lot of paper work.

Originally Posted by lulujo77
Apply for a youth mobility. They are unlikely to sponsor you here. Unless you go for a job that has been open for months and months, but even then it's unlikely.
Just wondering is this information from other international workers who currently work in the UK or based on your observations?
THanks
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

lulujo77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coffee2
I think you can go back to your home country after the Tier 5 expires and then apply for the Tier 2. I also heard that you can get your employer to sponsor for the Tier 2 while you are still in the UK under the Tier 5 but it's difficult and involves a lot of paper work.

Just wondering is this information from other international workers who currently work in the UK or based on your observations?
THanks
I am an international worker in the UK. I also happen to have British parents, so I ended up being able to claim dual nationality. You can try to get sponsorship by employee, but they generally they seem to fill positions with agency staff. A tier two visa is not a permanent work permit and would have to apply for residency just as you would in Canada. The paperwork involved in working in the UK is not an easy system, trust me. I've been through it. And it's hard to get answers from the gov't offices here. But it's been worth it for me. I like it here and there are lots of job opportunities when you get everything sorted to be able to work.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

lulujo77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lulujo77
I am an international worker in the UK. I also happen to have British parents, so I ended up being able to claim dual nationality. You can try to get sponsorship by employee, but they generally they seem to fill positions with agency staff. A tier two visa is not a permanent work permit and would have to apply for residency just as you would in Canada. The paperwork involved in working in the UK is not an easy system, trust me. I've been through it. And it's hard to get answers from the gov't offices here. But it's been worth it for me. I like it here and there are lots of job opportunities when you get everything sorted to be able to work.
Also, I understand you can apply for extensions of certain visas. I know my son can with his ancestral visa. May be something to look into.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

anthk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coffee2

THanks
I suggest you ask the superintendent/team lead yourself.
Each site may differ
Old Dec 29th 2015, 4:44 am
Just Joined

coffee2 is an unknown quantity at this point

So to revive an old thread, did anybody who was in the process of applying hear back from HCPC yet? And is anybody currently working abroad now?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

coolb is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my application in at the beginning of May. I received a letter back in June stating they would aim to notify me of their decision by today, but I haven't heard anything yet. The wait is terrible