Any ENs from 1981(ish) ever get transcripts

Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice
Default Any ENs from 1981(ish) ever get transcripts

Hi all,

I did my training at Hillingdon Hospital 1979 -1981 and do not have a copy of my transcript. Buck Chiltern Uni cannot help me. Has anyone ever got over this problem as I have been at it nearly a year now and are no further forward. Any advice appreciated.

regards Denise
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:49 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ENs from 1981(ish) ever get transcripts

Hi Denise, if you contact the NMC and explain that your school of nursing is no longer in existence they may have archived copies of the syllabus which is ok to send as that what I got from when I trained as an EN in 1986 and it was ok for me.

Good luck!

jackie x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

Hi Jackie,

unfortunately I have tried this route and all the NMC say - is "I am sorry but if there is no transcript then there is no transcript, there is nothing the NMC can do about it". We got irate with them but still no good....

regards

Denise
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Denise, the trick with the NMC is try, try again. Keep phoning till you get someone who's on this planet! Had the same prob myself-depends who you get on the end of the phone! They defo have transcripts from EN days, they had mine and plenty of others on here.
Mo
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mo - I will keep trying them but surely it would only have been the school that had the orginal records. Did they just send a standard transcript in the end for you or did they get one of the Uni's/colleges to do it?

regards

Denise
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbryson
Thanks Mo - I will keep trying them but surely it would only have been the school that had the orginal records. Did they just send a standard transcript in the end for you or did they get one of the Uni's/colleges to do it?

regards

Denise
Just to let you know Denise that I e-mailed the NMC and they sent me copies of my transcripts from 1984 as my school of nursing closed down in 1990.
Keep nagging them!
LOU
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:28 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi chris,
did you have any joy with the unions? im sure the rcn or unison would be able to stir the pots enough to come up with something ... ?
i cant beleive that no one can provide you with some sort of transcript ... its almost as if the nmc are saying you didnt do any training!!!
im feeling annoyed enough as it is at the moment ... shall go vent my spleen on the nmc website...if the forum is still up and running!!!!!
sue x
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sue & Louise,

Louise did they send the transcripts to you or to the regulatory body direct?
Were you trained as an EN?

Sue, I haven't tried the union because I never joined so assumed they probably wouldn't help - what do you think?

Denise
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue & Louise,

Sue, I haven't tried the union because I never joined so assumed they probably wouldn't help - what do you think?

Denise
no I trained as an RN and they sent the transcripts directly to me. I did still have my originals but thought they may have extra paperwork that I didnt have.
Lou
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

guess I was lucky as I did the conversion in 99 and my university had a copy of my transcript from 86

Hope you get sorted
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue & Louise,

Denise
hi chris,
ive posted a request for info/help on the nursing times forum (ihave the same username as here so you will find it if you wanna watch for replies)
ive also emailed the rcn (as im a member) just to see what they say.
are you now a rgn? if so, did you get a transcript back then? if so, might be worth asking your rgn training establishment if they have a copy they could let you have?
failing that, id write a letter of complaint to the nmc ... i think its appalling that they cant provide you with the transcript - i mean, what if your future career relied on this? ( which in a way it does!!)
id kick up a fuss .... but we'll see what nt and rcn say
sue x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:44 pm

hi chris,
dunno if you have checked the nt forum, there are a couple of replies, but nothing of much use.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sue - will have a look now. Been away so not had chance to hassle the NMC but I will try again
Old Apr 26th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sue,
I hear what some are saying but the bottom line on transcripts is surely that all Schools that trained nurses via the EN route must have had to ensure that their training syllabus covered so many hours in Surgical, Medical etc to allow them to say they were trained. Why are so many nurses on this site having a problem getting these original transcripts? Because the schools closed and they can't get them. So why can't the NMC produce a transcript for anyone that was trained in that particular syllabus? Its driving me mad. :curse:
Old Apr 26th 2007, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Sue,
I hear what some are saying but the bottom line on transcripts is surely that all Schools that trained nurses via the EN route must have had to ensure that their training syllabus covered so many hours in Surgical, Medical etc to allow them to say they were trained. Why are so many nurses on this site having a problem getting these original transcripts? Because the schools closed and they can't get them. So why can't the NMC produce a transcript for anyone that was trained in that particular syllabus? Its driving me mad. :curse:
I cant believe you've still had no luck with the NMC!! They definately have EN transcripts (well syllabuses). Ask to speak to Semeeta Gookool, she deals with them in the Periodics Dept.........good luck
Mo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.