Any ENs from 1981(ish) ever get transcripts

Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice
Default Re: Any ENs from 1981(ish) ever get transcripts

Thanks Mo,

I can get a 'general syllabus' off them but it is the transcript (number of hours) that I need?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisbryson
Thanks Mo,

I can get a 'general syllabus' off them but it is the transcript (number of hours) that I need?
I got a general syllabus off them and that did the trick with the ANMC and nurses board. Why do you specifically need number of hours?? Good luck!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

Mine is for the Canadian Nurses Association and they are not happy unless they get a transcript....
Old May 17th 2007, 1:55 pm
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Mo,

Yeh! I had the same problem but the uni got me a transcript of another EN who trained around the same time as me and used it for me, wonder if they could do the same for you.
Old May 17th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Which Uni was that milo?
I wrote to the NMC fully explaining the situation and got another letter back from the senior registrar saying that basically as there is no transcript they cannot help :curse:

Chris
Old May 18th 2007, 12:00 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Which Uni was that milo?
I wrote to the NMC fully explaining the situation and got another letter back from the senior registrar saying that basically as there is no transcript they cannot help :curse:

Chris
Northumbria uni, think it's name has changed to Newcastle uni or something, it's at coach lane Newcastle Upon Tyne where I did my RN training. When they applied for my EN transcript from the archives they were told it wasn't available???

So as they already had another transcript strangely enough in the same year as I had completed my EN (1980) they just used that one as it was similar to what I had done. Never had any probs.

Good luck hope your get something soon.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

im in the same boat its taking blxxdy ages for my transcripts from them holding up anmc im fed up finished en 1990 rscn 1999 blxxdy transcripts in another dept ??waiting to be signed off according to them hurry and sign the blxxdy things then,it really gets me going I was blaming anmc when its here thats the problem.:curse:
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I did my training at Hillingdon Hospital 1979 -1981 and do not have a copy of my transcript. Buck Chiltern Uni cannot help me. Has anyone ever got over this problem as I have been at it nearly a year now and are no further forward. Any advice appreciated.

regards Denise
Hi Denise,
Any luck in locating your transcript? I did a search and found the
link on nurses reunited. There is a nurse who qualified in the 60's
from Hillingdon Hosp. might help you to locate your transcript.
Another place you could contact is the National Archives.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...ddmenu_search6

http://groups.msn.com/nursesreunited/19601969.msnw

Good luck .
Yoong
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Yoong,

still had no luck I am afraid. Tried the uni that took over the records and they said that all the records did not come across so they don't have it.
We are due to leave the country in August so my last attempt has been to write to my MP but as yet no response.

Looks like she will have to leave the nursing profession after 26 years as her qualification is not going to be recognised and start something different...
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

hi Chris, Ive managed to get mine from northumbria university I trained in 1987 would another college do maybe they could help you. I still havent got my skills assessment back 2 weeks since they said they were completing my application.I think ill be ready for retirement when it arrives.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Yoong,

still had no luck I am afraid. Tried the uni that took over the records and they said that all the records did not come across so they don't have it.
We are due to leave the country in August so my last attempt has been to write to my MP but as yet no response.

Looks like she will have to leave the nursing profession after 26 years as her qualification is not going to be recognised and start something different...
Have you both consider other provinces like BC and Alberta?
As far as I know, Alberta accepts UK nurses with diplomas.
I work in BC , all our new RNs that are trained locally have degree.
However, CRNBC may accept UK trained nurses with diplomas.

Don't let the lost EN transcript, stop you from coming to Canada.
It is worth giving these 2 provinces a try.
http://www.nurses.ab.ca/
http://www.crnbc.ca/
Looks like CNA won't budge or give you any concession.
Every province does the assessment differently.
Alberta is booming, you both would have
no difficulty in finding jobs as RNs .
Good luck,
Yoong
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Yoong,

I am afraid we have decided to give up with the nursing track. We are coming to BC (Kelowna) in August and cannot seem to get through the LPN route either. Unless we can get a copy of her transcript (which no longer seems to exist) she will not be recognised even though she has been nursing at RN level in the UK. After a year and a half of trying it looks like she will have to be a shop assistant or something simiar!

I give in with the bureaucracy :curse:
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Yoong,

I am afraid we have decided to give up with the nursing track. We are coming to BC (Kelowna) in August and cannot seem to get through the LPN route either. Unless we can get a copy of her transcript (which no longer seems to exist) she will not be recognised even though she has been nursing at RN level in the UK. After a year and a half of trying it looks like she will have to be a shop assistant or something simiar!

I give in with the bureaucracy :curse:
Chris,
May be one more try with the NMC, go personally and talk to someone
there.All they need to do is give a generalised summary of the EN course.

I could call CRNBC or go the office,if you it is ok with you and see what they have to say. All I need is a summary of the EN course so that I could explain
to them and may be come out with other options.
I suppose your wife has her RN transcript.How long was her RN course?

Yoong
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for caring Yoong;

She started as an EN when she trained and then moved to being an RN level 2 without having to do another course (just because of the job she was in and the work she was doing as the Sister (Practice Nurse) in the local surgery). We tried the RN route with Alberta and they said that the evidenc that was provided was not enough and to appeal would cost $2000 (ish). So we gave up with that and thought we would try the LPN route instead. We had decided we preferred BC but have had no joy with the BC LPN regulatory body as they have said she needs her transcript.

The NMC can only send a copy of a General syllabus for the EN course she would have done but cannot give her a transcript (ie number of hours and grades achieved).

As I need to be out there in August we have given up - it does not seem fair that she is a Practice Nurse in the Surgery here but cannot work as an LPN there without the transcript.

regards

Chris
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for caring Yoong;

She started as an EN when she trained and then moved to being an RN level 2 without having to do another course (just because of the job she was in and the work she was doing as the Sister (Practice Nurse) in the local surgery). We tried the RN route with Alberta and they said that the evidenc that was provided was not enough and to appeal would cost $2000 (ish). So we gave up with that and thought we would try the LPN route instead. We had decided we preferred BC but have had no joy with the BC LPN regulatory body as they have said she needs her transcript.

The NMC can only send a copy of a General syllabus for the EN course she would have done but cannot give her a transcript (ie number of hours and grades achieved).

As I need to be out there in August we have given up - it does not seem fair that she is a Practice Nurse in the Surgery here but cannot work as an LPN there without the transcript.

regards

Chris
I was an EN who did the conversion and prior time of conversion was RN2 which was the new classification for EN. Has she done conversion course at university? That could be why you are having problems if she hasn't really done a conversion course. Just a thought

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.