ANMAC and APHRA...very confused!

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ANMAC and APHRA...very confused!

Hi there,

Hoping someone can clear up some confusion.

I am trying to complete process of migrating to Australia to work as a nurse.

My university will provide me with the required transcript of my qualification but need to know which institution to send this to, as the university says they send the transcript directly to the institution, not to me. So I am confused...is this ANMAC or APHRA this should be sent to? Where can you find the actual address?

Also in terms of NMC and certificate of good standing, should this be sent to ANMAC or APHRA?

I am really confused as I know I need to complete skills assessment via ANMAC but I presume all paperwork like transcript and Certificate of good standing is sent ahead before submit assessment online?

So I am hoping someone can clarify the steps I should be taking and where ANMAC or APHRA these forms should be going to!!!??
Old Jan 12th 2017, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANMAC and APHRA...very confused!

Hi, the thread at the top of the forum is very long, but if you have time give it a read through, there are several posts on there which will answer questions you have in the future.

As to ANMAC or AHPRA, they are both different bodies doing different things. Depending on how you plan to get to Australia depends on which you need to deal with, it could be one or both.

AHPRA is the same as the NMC in the UK, every nurse needs to register with them before they can work in Australia, the same as in the UK.

ANMAC deals with skills assessments for visas, so if you are applying for a permentant visa then you need a skills assessment. You will then need to go through the ANMAC process in addition to the AHPRA process.

What goes to each is very similar, but they are both seperate and will not likely interact with each other.