Als

Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ALS

Hello, does anyone know if the ALS is recognised in Oz. I have resisted doing it for numerous reasons but I am now considering it before I go. However I don't want to do it if I would have to do it again. Thanks for any advice.
Muzzwoman

Last edited by Muzzman; Apr 29th 2004 at 6:58 pm.
Old May 5th 2004, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Hi Muzzwoman

Dont know if the actual course run in the UK is recognized as such but the principles are probably the same anyway.

I think because it is a UK Resus Council accredited course, it might not be, but if I were you I would do it (especially if you're not paying for it!!)

Its great to have this under your belt and would look good on your CV as it is such an intensive couple of days!!
Old May 8th 2004, 6:48 am
Just Joined

lizmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
The ALS and PALS are recognised, I put them on my CV and Fremantle made a point of commenting on them. They run something similar out there.
Go for it three days of stress and hell are worth it for how attractive it makes you on the job market.
Cheers
Liz
Old May 8th 2004, 2:52 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Agree with Liz. It was helpful to have it before i left. However i did have to redo it in-house at one hospital at their request. SO i guess it depends upon where you're going. If you know where then contact them and see if they recognise it and at least then you can stave off the inevitable stress etc