AHPRA Times for completing registration - PLEASE READ!

Old May 30th 2014, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default AHPRA Times for completing registration - PLEASE READ!

Please read the following extracts from an ACTUAL Letter of Eligibility.

Please NOTE that this is for reference purposes only - not ALL letters will be the same.

Thank you for your application as a registered nurse. The assessment is now complete and you are considered eligible for registration as a registered nurse in Australia. Please note that by issuing this letter it does not mean that you have been registered, it is anticipated that registration as a registered nurse will be granted when you attend an Australian Health practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) office and meet the AHPRA proof of identity and criminal history requirements.

Under the Health Practitioner Regulation National law (the National Law), the Board has up to 90 days to consider an application. On this occasion, the Board proposes to extend the period for considering your application past the 90 days to allow you time to meet outstanding requirements. The period of consideration is now extended to *DATE* and unless you advise the Board in writing within the next ten days, it will be taken that you agree to the extension. It should be noted that if the consideration time is not extended and the 90 day period expires prior to the Board making a decision, in accordance with section 85 of the National Law it will be taken to be a decision to refuse to register.

Information relating to proof of identification and criminal history requirements are published on the AHPRA web site.

Please note that this assessment determination is valid for twelve months from the date of this letter as indicated above. After this time, you must contact the AHPRA office for further advice as you may be required to submit additional documentation to satisfy AHPRA's requirements before registration is granted. For your information, once registration is granted you will be entitled to work in all states and territories of Australia.

In order to finalise your application for registration, you will be required to present in person to an AHPRA office to provide proof of identification (POI) in line with the POI policy.

PLEASE EVERYBODY, STOP PANICKING

Last edited by genorm; May 30th 2014 at 9:01 am.
Old May 31st 2014, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

jeffy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA Times for completing registration - PLEASE READ!

I don't understand this letter?
so we have to present ourself to an APHRA office was we finally get a visa and land in Australia before we can start work?

Still waiting on mine its been 2 months now...
Old May 31st 2014, 7:24 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by genorm

Please NOTE that this is for reference purposes only - not ALL letters will be the same.

Thank you for your application as a registered nurse. The assessment is now complete and you are considered eligible for registration as a registered nurse in Australia. Please note that by issuing this letter it does not mean that you have been registered, it is anticipated that registration as a registered nurse will be granted when you attend an Australian Health practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) office and meet the AHPRA proof of identity and criminal history requirements.

Under the Health Practitioner Regulation National law (the National Law), the Board has up to 90 days to consider an application. On this occasion, the Board proposes to extend the period for considering your application past the 90 days to allow you time to meet outstanding requirements. The period of consideration is now extended to *DATE* and unless you advise the Board in writing within the next ten days, it will be taken that you agree to the extension. It should be noted that if the consideration time is not extended and the 90 day period expires prior to the Board making a decision, in accordance with section 85 of the National Law it will be taken to be a decision to refuse to register.

Information relating to proof of identification and criminal history requirements are published on the AHPRA web site.

Please note that this assessment determination is valid for twelve months from the date of this letter as indicated above. After this time, you must contact the AHPRA office for further advice as you may be required to submit additional documentation to satisfy AHPRA's requirements before registration is granted. For your information, once registration is granted you will be entitled to work in all states and territories of Australia.

In order to finalise your application for registration, you will be required to present in person to an AHPRA office to provide proof of identification (POI) in line with the POI policy.

I don't understand it either
Old May 31st 2014, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but that has always been the case. It's the time issues that were confusing people.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

jillyrj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by genorm

I'm pretty confused.....I'm waiting on AHPRA to lodge my modified skills assessment.
Does this mean that when I get the above letter from AHPRA I will need to present to AHPRA in Australia before I can get my registration granted to lodge the modified skills assessment?
Or can I apply for modified skills assessment with this letter?
Oh man this process is just ridiculous!
Jill x
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

jillyrj is an unknown quantity at this point

So I've got this from the AHPRA site which I believe means the letter above only applies to those providing the minimum identity requirements at application (i.e. passport and change of name cert). I HOPE that means that as I've sent my passport, drivers lic, birth cert, marriage cert and utility bill as proof of address I've satisfied each of the A-D criteria and won't need to present in person:

see: http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration...-Identity.aspx

What special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia?
At application, individuals who are applying from overseas and who are unable to provide evidence from each of the categories, must meet the minimum identity requirements of:
Proof of Identity Requirements 21 November 2012 Page 4 of 4
• a certified copy of an overseas passport (an EU card is not acceptable)
• if the applicant has ever been formally known by another name, or provides documentary evidence in support of their application in another name — a certified copy of proof of name change (marriage certificate, divorce papers, deed poll).
Applications from overseas applicants will be assessed only on receipt of the relevant evidence of identity, and an otherwise complete application (all supporting documentation provided and declarations made).
Following assessment the applicant will be advised if they are eligible for registration. Those eligible applicants who only provided the minimum identity requirements, and/or medical practitioners applying for limited registration (see below) will only be granted registration upon personal presentation at an AHPRA Office with the following evidence:
• If arrived in Australia within the previous 6 weeks:
o original foreign passport or travel document with current Australian visa and proof of date of arrival (e.g. entry stamp); plus
o evidence of their current residential address, an original signed statement from a prospective employer/sponsor verifying the identity of the applicant OR an original offer of employment.
• If arrived in Australia more than 6 weeks prior to attendance — evidence that meets the requirements in Categories A, B, C and D.

Hope this helps?
Jilly
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly reads that's way. You'll only know for sure when you get your letter of eligibility from AHPRA.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,

Apologies, it appears that AHPRA really are headed for disaster.

I just tweeted to them:

@AHPRA - 3 months from the date of O/S LOE letter to get a job, get sponsored, get a visa, get to Oz and register? That is impossible!!

Someone should email their Case Officer and ask how long it takes to get a 457 or PR visa? I for one will be extremely interested in the reply!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Just to confuse this issue further, here is an exchange I have had with AHPRA on Twitter:

AHPRA replied to your Tweet!

Work and Live in Aus @lookmine (me) wrote:

@AHPRA Is there a time limit between O/S Nurse LOE being issued and presenting to AHPRA office in Australia to complete?

@AHPRA replied:

@lookmine Letters of Eligibility are issued for 12 months from the date of the letter to the applicant. This cannot be extended

It appears that AHPRA Head Office is saying one thing and state staff are saying another.