AHPRA registration - Notary or Solicitor??

Old Aug 16th 2012, 3:30 am
Just Joined

sarah14387 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question AHPRA registration - Notary or Solicitor??

Hi there,
I have nearly completed my nursing application, but am stuck on the certfying documents part! Do I need this done by a specific Notary, or can a regular Solicitor certify them to AHPRA's standards?? I have read the guidelines, contacted AHPRA many times, and asked around, but no-one can give me a clear answer! Has anyone done this recently?
And are they really fussy with the CV format?
I look forward to reading any replies
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Clare84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA registration - Notary or Solicitor??

Originally Posted by sarah14387
Hi there,
I have nearly completed my nursing application, but am stuck on the certfying documents part! Do I need this done by a specific Notary, or can a regular Solicitor certify them to AHPRA's standards?? I have read the guidelines, contacted AHPRA many times, and asked around, but no-one can give me a clear answer! Has anyone done this recently?

Hi Sarah, saw your msg in my thread but figured was easier to reply here that way others will see it better and can reply too..

My application was received on 31/08 and after having fixed a couple of bits, they now have everything that they need, according to my application handler. So at the moment im just waiting

As to your question, in my experience and through asking others ive found that Ahpra are VERY strict with their guidelines so stick to them.. i was the same when i found out how much a notary cost however in the end managed to get all of my paperwork notarised for £120 through Notary.Co.Uk based in London. Where are you? I know its still alot but would prefer to have paid that, than risk getting all of my docs sent back, which has apparently happened to other ppl on here!!

With regards to CV, you need to format it the way Ahpra have laid out... i did it that way then wrote out my own form (again like others have said on here) with CPD/skills competencies and got my manager to sign the bottom of the form, which seems to have done the trick, as so far they have said mine is fine.

Good luck and hope this helps, keep asking questions on here with anything your stuck on, as it really helped me when i was in process of getting my application together..

Clare
Old Aug 16th 2012, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Hi there,
Please do not use a solicitor as it may be turned down like mine was.... and a waste of funds and time having to get them redone by a JP at the magistraits court .....£25 and some have said their docs were done free of charge by the courts. Yes they are really fussy about CV's so follow their format and you are sure to do fine.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:49 am
Just Joined

noelm1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

we were quoted silly amounts by notaries and went with a JP which costs £25 which seems to be irregardless of the number of docs. We initially went with 15 or so docs and it costs £25 and we recently had to book for 2 more which was also £25. So far the docs AHPRA have received have been accepted.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 9:10 am
Just Joined

allibongo will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
I have just received my confirmation of registration with AHPRA it only took 1 month. I used a JP it cost me £25 for 15 documents. They are really fussy on your CV format and also the employee reference from your employer, mine was initially not detailed enough (after following their online guidelines!) had to get it re done.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

shelz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: AHPRA registration - Notary or Solicitor??

Hi

Is a justice of peace the same as a public notary??? The magistrate courts only have a justice of peace, and then i can only find 'private' public notary services charging £20 per doc :-/

Just wondering to previous post when you say employer reference, do you mean the statement of service??? or do you have to get a written reference aswell as this???

Thankyou in advance :-)
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and does your C.V. have to be signed by your manager aswell as your self??? On every page - or just at the end??

Sorry for all the questions x
Old Sep 25th 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by shelz
Hi

Is a justice of peace the same as a public notary??? The magistrate courts only have a justice of peace, and then i can only find 'private' public notary services charging £20 per doc :-/

Just wondering to previous post when you say employer reference, do you mean the statement of service??? or do you have to get a written reference aswell as this???

Thankyou in advance :-)
Justice of the Peace is not the same as a Notary but is accepted by APHRA just the same. One charges per document the other is either free or charges an admin fee depending on where you are in the UK.

Yes Statement of Service is the reference from your employer. It has to be signed by them. No your CV has to be signed by you. Your employer can sign if they/you want but APHRA do not require that they sign the CV.

Good luck
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much GilraenH you are very helpful