AHPRA registration....have to present in person?

Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHPRA registration....have to present in person?

Hi
I'm completing my AHPRA paperwork for international person. I'm a nurse in uk.
I'm very confused. I am unsure about my ID documents AHPRA want. Obviously I have no Australia passport or visa at this stage. I read AHPRA will accept British passport only as minimum requirement but that will have to present in person to AHPRA office beforequipment registration will be granted. Is this so?
Hope someone can help.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 1:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA registration....have to present in person?

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi
I'm completing my AHPRA paperwork for international person. I'm a nurse in uk.
I'm very confused. I am unsure about my ID documents AHPRA want. Obviously I have no Australia passport or visa at this stage. I read AHPRA will accept British passport only as minimum requirement but that will have to present in person to AHPRA office beforequipment registration will be granted. Is this so?
Hope someone can help.
Yes, you have to present at an AHPRA office in person, with your ID (which would be your UK passport) within three months of them granting you provisional registration.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Really OK I see thank you. ..within 3 months. I'm also applying for anmac and then after my pr visa. I don't want to really come all the way to Australia just to verify identity and not to stay. So I am wondering could I get whilst applying for PR visa, a working holiday visa so then I could stay in Australia for some nursing agency work whilst I wait for PR visa to be granted?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:30 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Really OK I see thank you. ..within 3 months. I'm also applying for anmac and then after my pr visa. I don't want to really come all the way to Australia just to verify identity and not to stay. So I am wondering could I get whilst applying for PR visa, a working holiday visa so then I could stay in Australia for some nursing agency work whilst I wait for PR visa to be granted?
Answered in your other thread
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I used trans-Tasman for registration and despite being a UK citizen living in the UK was never asked to do this
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by steven9818
Although I used trans-Tasman for registration and despite being a UK citizen living in the UK was never asked to do this
Was never asked to do what?

Using Trans-Tasman makes a difference as it just transfers the registration NZ to Aus, they aren't interested in the UK side of it, plus the issue of presenting yourself to AHPRA within 3 months is new anyway.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Was never asked to do what?

Using Trans-Tasman makes a difference as it just transfers the registration NZ to Aus, they aren't interested in the UK side of it, plus the issue of presenting yourself to AHPRA within 3 months is new anyway.

Present with my passport within 3 months. They just gave me 6 months registration initially
Old Feb 4th 2017, 4:09 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by steven9818
Present with my passport within 3 months. They just gave me 6 months registration initially
Its only been introduced in the last month or so - the migration agent Richard Gregan picked it up and started mentioning it on here but it is very very new. Before that there was no apparent time limit to show up with your ID in person.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...months-889862/

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 4th 2017 at 4:11 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

lozzie123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to AHPRA since this post and they confirmed that its 12 weeks upon arrival in Oz that you collect your registration
Old Feb 4th 2017, 5:47 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by lozzie123
I spoke to AHPRA since this post and they confirmed that its 12 weeks upon arrival in Oz that you collect your registration
Yep, Richard has confirmed that he has had it in correspondence from AHPRA.

-----------------------------------------

Pure speculation on my part now, but if you are already registered with AHPRA then you only need a modified ANMAC skills assessment for PR (no need for IELTS for one thing). I suspect AHPRA may have identified this as a loophole and so they require you to front up with your ID a lot sooner, thus removing the chance for most migrants to get the modified assessment, and forcing them to undertake the full assessment.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its only been introduced in the last month or so - the migration agent Richard Gregan picked it up and started mentioning it on here but it is very very new. Before that there was no apparent time limit to show up with your ID in person.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...months-889862/
Sorry going off this topic slightly but hope you knowledgeable guys can again help.....do my professional references also require being certified???