Ahpra process

Old Apr 14th 2016, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

northeast25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Ahpra process

Dear All,

I have recently secured a job offer as a mental health nurse with employer sponsor on a 457. I need to now proceed with the Ahpra registration as a uk degree mental health nurse. Have been looking at the web sight and would appreciate any advice in what order i need to proceed in and any other head up tips I need to know.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2016, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

northeast25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ahpra process

Dear All,

Having read the "SECTION C: Proof of identity". I have more questions.....
Need to provide one document from each of categories (A, B and C, and D if necessary) is required. I can provide one from B,C and D. The sticking point is from A the `

Overseas passport: Overseas passport with current Australian visa
Note: DIAC will not accept an EU card in place of an overseas passport`

Australian visa: Australian visa, current at time of entry to Australia as resident or tourist, showing your name/former name

I've read the information about application outcomes and can see that I would be registered but it would be in principle until I provided either of the above items in person to an AHPRA office. Has anyone encountered this and is the only way to achieve this, is to wait til I get the 457 and then fly 10,000 miles to attend an office in person or can I then send visa to AHPRA?
Old Apr 17th 2016, 7:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northeast25
Dear All,

Having read the "SECTION C: Proof of identity". I have more questions.....
Need to provide one document from each of categories (A, B and C, and D if necessary) is required. I can provide one from B,C and D. The sticking point is from A the `

Overseas passport: Overseas passport with current Australian visa
Note: DIAC will not accept an EU card in place of an overseas passport`

Australian visa: Australian visa, current at time of entry to Australia as resident or tourist, showing your name/former name

I've read the information about application outcomes and can see that I would be registered but it would be in principle until I provided either of the above items in person to an AHPRA office. Has anyone encountered this and is the only way to achieve this, is to wait til I get the 457 and then fly 10,000 miles to attend an office in person or can I then send visa to AHPRA?
While waiting for someone to answer your thread specifically, if you read some of the other threads on this section you should find some help on the forums.

You will have to actually front up at an AHPRA office with your visa in order to get the full registration - until then you just have registration in principle. You can't send them the grant letter or anything like that, you need to be physically in the counry, with the visa and your passport.
You have to fly here to start your job, and you can should be able to complete the AHPRA process then.
Old May 5th 2016, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Jennifer_M will become famous soon enough

Good Morning,

I am flying over next week and about to show up at their offices. Im really confused what information and forms i need for statutory declaration. Do you know if i fill it out there or get it filled out here? The only statutory declaration i can see online is one you use if you live there already and another sheet with squat all sections for my name etc.
I asked the NMC to send another one (as original is over 3 months old) but according to AHPRA they havent received it. I fly away Sunday for Queensland and now worrying i dont have correct documents when i show up Any ideas?
Old May 6th 2016, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Your PDF letter from AHPRA contains the link to the statutory declaration you need, I just printed this off now myself as I fly in 4 weeks. You need to print the one off for the state you are going to and then fill it in once there is my understanding.