AHPRA nursing registration - additional documents required

Old Dec 17th 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

mansawant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA nursing registration - additional documents required

Originally Posted by Samiuk
Hi Mansawant,

I am new to this forum, i am also a nurse from India currently working in the UK. We are also looking to relocate to Australia in the near future.

Did your wife took IELTS to register with AHPRA?
Hi Samiuk,

Yes you have to sit for IELTS in you are trained in India. My wife haven't as the rule was different that time and since Sep 11 the rule has been changed. The required information you will find on the below link. Please read the info for Englsh language.

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov...Standards.aspx

....Mansawant
Old Dec 20th 2011, 1:57 am
Just Joined

WannaOZI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi,

How it's possible they can't do verification. If not how come you are NMC registered. I have googled find the PDF file in which they have mentioned below. Please contact Punjab Nursing Council and they will do it for you and yes we have used DHL/UPS to send the additional documents to case officer. Google for Punjab Nursing council verification and you will find the link for PDF file.

4. FOREIGN VERIFICATION :-
Council also issue Good Standing certification to the candidates who have applied for various foreign countries. The Good Standing Certificate / Verification is only issued to those candidates who are registered with the Punjab Nurses Registration Council under subsection 1 of Section 14 of PNRC Act 1932.

Hope that helps.

....Mansawant
Thanks Mansawant.....yes, i did google it..and they did do teh verification for NMC as NMC had the form...But PNC don't have a verification request form like maharashtra has... That is my problem.
I found the link and all http://www.pnrc.in/GetPage.aspx?show...9&isvalid=true
But couldn't find teh request form...
WannaOZI
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WannaOZI
Thanks Mansawant.....yes, i did google it..and they did do teh verification for NMC as NMC had the form...But PNC don't have a verification request form like maharashtra has... That is my problem.
I found the link and all http://www.pnrc.in/GetPage.aspx?show...9&isvalid=true
But couldn't find teh request form...
WannaOZI
Hi, it's not necessary they should have form available with them and we can submit written application and mention what we want and the reason. And anyway being a nursing council they know this is the requirment for registration with foreign nursing councils and you said you have done it for ur NMC registration. So just send the application and get it done. My wife had to sumit written application to her nursing school and secondary school for english language letter and mentioned the reason for the letters. However she had to pay charges for the letter but she got them. Now I am sending written application to my college in India for english language letter as we will need it to submit with visa application.

...Manish
Old Dec 20th 2011, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

tedeus is an unknown quantity at this point

Mansawant did your wife reveived a diploma in nursing or a certificate? Does she have uni education/bachleor degree?
And did APHRA asked about these levels of education when you submitted the papers?
Thnks
Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi, it's not necessary they should have form available with them and we can submit written application and mention what we want and the reason. And anyway being a nursing council they know this is the requirment for registration with foreign nursing councils and you said you have done it for ur NMC registration. So just send the application and get it done. My wife had to sumit written application to her nursing school and secondary school for english language letter and mentioned the reason for the letters. However she had to pay charges for the letter but she got them. Now I am sending written application to my college in India for english language letter as we will need it to submit with visa application.

...Manish
Ok cool, just wanted to make sure i am in the right path. Will deal with PNC!Did you have to give any tip on the top of the fees?
WannaOZI
Old Dec 21st 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure i am in the right path. Will deal with PNC!Did you have to give any tip on the top of the fees?
WannaOZI
No, we didn't. Just paid the fees.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: AHPRA nursing registration -collection in person

Hi, i have recieved a letter saying that
The assessment is now complete and you are considered eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse in Australia. It is anticipated that registration as a nurse will be granted when you attend the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Office and meet the AHPRA proof of identity and criminal history requirements.
Do i have to get a job top go there? how are you all doing? have you attended personally to obtain the reg? or did you get a job before you went there ?
i am utter confused...what is this skills assessment and when shud i do it?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

tedeus is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get it. Since you are eligible to register down under what skills assessment do you need to do?
It's contradictory.
Who told you about skills assessment? Aphra?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

i was reading the threads abt skills assessment and got confused...so do i now just look for sponsership? do i have to with a job offer to ahpra to collect my registration?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

i was reading the threads abt skills assessment and got confused...so do i now just look for sponsership? do i have to with a job offer to ahpra to collect my registration?
You do not need a job offer in order to register.

Once registered you can apply for an independent visa (175)....you do not need to be sponsored.

Being sponsored may tie you to a job you hate. An independent visa lets you work anywhere you choose
Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, i have recieved a letter saying that
The assessment is now complete and you are considered eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse in Australia. It is anticipated that registration as a nurse will be granted when you attend the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Office and meet the AHPRA proof of identity and criminal history requirements.
Do i have to get a job top go there? how are you all doing? have you attended personally to obtain the reg? or did you get a job before you went there ?
You have just said that you have completed the skills assessment?

You can just send the documents they are asking for. You do not need to attend in person.

You need the skills assessment in order to apoply for a visa. You need a visa before you can work there once you have registration. You do not need a job in ordere to get a visa.

You really need to do a bit more reading about the process.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

I have got the AHPRA eligibility letter,does that count as skills assessment?so if i apply for the 175 visa, i can apply for any job?
also about attending in person, it is the ahpra who needs me to attend in person to collect the complete procedure.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

startnow12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,
I am in the same situation,,,,i have received eligibility letter from AHPRA, now i dont know what to do...i am still employed in ireland and i dont intend to migrate to australia until next year, so how am i to go in person to collect the registration, what visa should i apply for???and if i go on a weeks holiday will ahpra give it with a week???
could any of you please help....i am so stressed out bcoz of all this,,,,it took me ages to get this letter from aphra and i dont want to lose it....
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

has anyone traveled to australia just to receive their registration????
and if so how long will it take and what visa should you apply for to travel....
i can only get a weeks holiday if needed and so am getting worried.....does any one have any previous experience pls help????
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

I have got the AHPRA eligibility letter,does that count as skills assessment?so if i apply for the 175 visa, i can apply for any job?
also about attending in person, it is the ahpra who needs me to attend in person to collect the complete procedure.
are you planning to travel soon???and have u got a job offer to work in Australia???
i have a permanent job in ireland and am doing a course at the moment and so commited till may 2013......but the eligibility letter will expire in feb 2013.....i am in a big confusion now....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.