AHPRA - Nursing - my experience

Old May 2nd 2014, 7:29 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA - Nursing - my experience

Wow!...AHPRA have emailed me today. They need more information...for criterion 2, 3 & 8. I emailed the school of nursing and they told me they will have it sorted and posted by Tuesday!

How efficient and cool is that!

Shaun
Old May 6th 2014, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by picto1
Wow!...AHPRA have emailed me today. They need more information...for criterion 2, 3 & 8. I emailed the school of nursing and they told me they will have it sorted and posted by Tuesday!

How efficient and cool is that!

Shaun
Hi Shaun,

I have had a similar good experience with the uni and AHPRA thus far. I asked the uni before I sent my application in to send in stuff for the new criteria who kindly obliged very quickly.

My application was sent to AHPRA on 15/4, received 1/5 and had an email today asking for more info, so they've been quick in responding.

Fingers crossed things continue like this!
Old Jun 13th 2014, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

jillyrj is an unknown quantity at this point

**UPDATE**
For those asking me to keep them updated on my application.....

Email from AHPRA today:
Please be advised all documents that were requested have now been received. Your application will now be assessed against the new model for assessment.

Due to the current high volume of applications from internationally qualified nurses and midwives we are unable to provide a timeframe for a decision on your application. An AHPRA staff member will contact you once a decision has been made.

Please be assured that the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and AHPRA continue to work to expedite the assessment and determination of your application for registration.

Received this morning.....last document posted 23rd May (the one posted 30th April never arrived so a second one was sent.
Aaaaaannd we wait some more.......
Old Jun 16th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Kitkat 78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

The AHPRA application process sounds like a nightmare!

I'm a band 7 midwife shift leader coordinator. I've been qualified for 10 years. My qualification is midwifery dip he, post registration qualifications are Mentorship and critical care at level 3.
I've already got my transcript from my university, but I'm wondering before I apply does this change in AHPRA affect midwives as well?

Thanks
Kate
Old Jun 16th 2014, 9:11 am
Just Joined

I'm also thinking about going to the emigration group seminar in Liverpool in July. It will cost my husband and I £25 but I'm trying to find out if I can still apply to AHPRA with only my midwifery Dip HE before I book a place :-/
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

AHPRA appear to be assessing everyone on an individual basis (as they should) so I doubt anyone can give you a yes or no answer I'm afraid. It's definitely not cut and dry regarding diplomas otherwise they'd just put a stop on them 😃
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Gillian! X
Old Jun 19th 2014, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

OH MY DAYS....RANT ALERT.

So today I received an email from AHPRA stating they want MORE information.....!!!!!!
Oh I am so so cross!!!
They say that all the criteria sent was for the ADNS (advanced diploma nursing studies) and that as I have done the top up degree they need the same criteria but for the top-up degree modules as well!!!

How on earth can they send me an e-mail saying the application is completed then a week later ask for more infomation!? Do they even know what they are doing over there?! When they originally requested criteria 2,3,5,6,8 they specifically said in relation to your 'primary' qualification which was the ADNS and not the additionaly course for BSC Hons!!!!
I am fuming.
Its exactly the same information, for 2&3, from the same university just stating BSC top up not ADNS.
Criteria 5&6 is another transcript/course outline - but not a transcript as they have this, they want module handbook, learning outcomes and modules studied.
Criteria 7 they want a copy of my certificate - I already sent that but ?they need another!!
Criteria 8 they want evidence of studingin medicines management - I already sent that as I studied and qualified at ANDS now they want proof I did it again at degree level.

This is THE most frustrating thing I have ever done in my life.

I have been given a 1month deadline to provide all of the above to Oz or i'm 'refused'.

(grumpy) Jilly. (no kisses today).
Old Jun 19th 2014, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jillyrj
OH MY DAYS....RANT ALERT.

So today I received an email from AHPRA stating they want MORE information.....!!!!!!
Oh I am so so cross!!!
They say that all the criteria sent was for the ADNS (advanced diploma nursing studies) and that as I have done the top up degree they need the same criteria but for the top-up degree modules as well!!!

How on earth can they send me an e-mail saying the application is completed then a week later ask for more infomation!? Do they even know what they are doing over there?! When they originally requested criteria 2,3,5,6,8 they specifically said in relation to your 'primary' qualification which was the ADNS and not the additionaly course for BSC Hons!!!!
I am fuming.
Its exactly the same information, for 2&3, from the same university just stating BSC top up not ADNS.
Criteria 5&6 is another transcript/course outline - but not a transcript as they have this, they want module handbook, learning outcomes and modules studied.
Criteria 7 they want a copy of my certificate - I already sent that but ?they need another!!
Criteria 8 they want evidence of studingin medicines management - I already sent that as I studied and qualified at ANDS now they want proof I did it again at degree level.

This is THE most frustrating thing I have ever done in my life.

I have been given a 1month deadline to provide all of the above to Oz or i'm 'refused'.

(grumpy) Jilly. (no kisses today).
This is absolutely ridiculous and it makes Australian Nursing look like a complete joke.

It appears that they just don't understand what UK qualifications mean, and they are failing to acknowledge your previous submissions.

Again, it's really frustrating because Australian Hospitals are still considering Dip HE candidates.

I think everybody who is in this situation of limbo should send a letter to the Australian High Commissioner in London, and to the Minister of Health in Canberra AND in the state where they wish to work.

I'd also add, write to The Sun, but that might be a bit too provocative.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

The whole thing is just ridiculous.
They have had a whopping total of 4 contacts with me since I applied in November 2013 - all of them e-mails. (January, February, April and June) - WHY did they not just look at the whole thing in January and ask me for EVERYTHING they needed not just a bit in Jan then another piece of evidence in Feb then about 300 extra pieces of info in April and the same again today?!

Will the Australian Commissioner do anything or just direct us to complain to AHPRA. I have written complaints to AHPRA....not sent any of them yet, waiting to be registered to I can complain about the process in its entiretly rather than keep getting bits of info like they are to me.....I cannot see me being registered any time soon.

Jilly
Old Jun 19th 2014, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

I just read on another site that a degree RN was registered in Oz after 14 months!!
Old Jun 19th 2014, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Yikes....Guess I'm half way there then.....
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:30 am
Just Joined

bigmac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

That just seems completely stupid Jilly asking for exactly the same info again & again. I agree wth Genorm that there doesn't appear to be any understanding of the UK qualification system. You wonder why they couldn't even speak to the NMC to get some clarification of UK nursing qualifications instead of all this duplication which is a waste of applicants time & I'm sure AHPRA employees time.
It would be good to know if applicants from other countries are having the same problems.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigmac1
That just seems completely stupid Jilly asking for exactly the same info again & again. I agree wth Genorm that there doesn't appear to be any understanding of the UK qualification system. You wonder why they couldn't even speak to the NMC to get some clarification of UK nursing qualifications instead of all this duplication which is a waste of applicants time & I'm sure AHPRA employees time.
It would be good to know if applicants from other countries are having the same problems.
This morning's report that half of the UK's universities should close because courses are dumbed down doesn't help either.

With regards to the IRON Bridging course, I DO know that hundreds of graduates from that programme, although it ends with AHPRA registration, are NOT being employed by Australian hospitals. Many are in Oz on temporary student/business visas and if they can't land a sponsored position have to return home. AHPRA must be aware of this and they should be doing something about that situation instead of embarking on this crusade against UK nurses who are Diploma qualified.

I brought the issue up with AHPRA again overnight, but they have chosen not to respond.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

jeffy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied mid march and not heard a thing, when I emailed them last week they told me they were still processing.. its getting ridiculous now. I don't think that I've sent the right stuff for the new criteria but I'm not getting any feedback at all and I'm not sure what to do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.