AHPRA - help

Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

webbmanjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHPRA - help

Hi

I’m a UK registered Nurse with 16 Years experience in Nursing, I am hoping to make a permanent relocation to Australia and the AHPRA has come up a lot online in various forums and articles. I am slightly unsure about the next step for me, do I need to register with AHPRA or simply get my skills assessed? I understand I need to receive an eligibility letter from them?

I seem to eligible for the below visa's

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa - Direct Entry stream

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa - Direct Entry stream

Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa

And I'm keen to get the ball rolling; if possible can anyone explain the next step for me with the AHPRA?

Thanks
Mark
Old Aug 6th 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA - help

Hi Mark

You will need to get your skills assessed by ANMC http://www.anmc.org.au/

You will also need to register with AHPRA http://www.ahpra.gov.au/
It is country wide registration now so once registered you can work in any State or Territory (visa permitting).

Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ah great thanks, a few questions yuou may be abe to help with.

Is it a long process?
Does it cost?
Do I ave to come to aus to do this?

Hope you can help!

Mark
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Hi Mark

You will need to get your skills assessed by ANMC http://www.anmc.org.au/

You will also need to register with AHPRA http://www.ahpra.gov.au/
It is country wide registration now so once registered you can work in any State or Territory (visa permitting).

You need a score of 7 in each of the 4 areas in academic IELTS before you apply for the skills assessment. A score of 8 will give you more points for EOI.

If you get all docs for ANMAC assessment certified to APHRA's more specific/stringent standards ANMAC will forward them on for you to APHRA. APHRA will not pass them on to anyone.

It is cheaper to get a modified assessment with ANMAC BUT you have to have a pin number to do this and unless you qualify for that (most overseas nurses do not until they land in Oz) you will have to do the full assessment. Good Luck.

NMC docs/University academic syllabus transcripts or/and nursing course transcripts are all needed so chase them up asap to help the process go smoothly.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by webbmanjones
Ah great thanks, a few questions yuou may be abe to help with.

Is it a long process?
Does it cost?
Do I ave to come to aus to do this?

Hope you can help!

Mark
All online and takes months, Can cost a lot.

IELTS £125 plus
ANMAC 6-700 pounds
APHRA £365 approx
NMC £34
UNI depends average £100
Lots and lots of patience and good humour!!!!

VISA IS EXTRA!

Last edited by GilraenH; Aug 6th 2012 at 4:40 pm. Reason: additional info added
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Wow thanks for that, its really helpful, I did my degree in the Philippines so hopefully they make same provision for that? (although it’s all in English if I can get it – so that’s good) I graduated in 95 too so not even sure I can get all that. I have been working in the UK for 11 years.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

mamoomench is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: AHPRA - help

Wow thanks for that, its really helpful, I did my degree in the Philippines so hopefully they make same provision for that? (although it’s all in English if I can get it – so that’s good) I graduated in 95 too so not even sure I can get all that. I have been working in the UK for 11 years.
Hi we are in a similar situation, webbmanjones. I qualified in the Philippines and have been working in the UK for 12yrs now. Are you actually in Australia now? Would appreciate any tip/tips from you. I only just got the ball rolling. I am taking the IELTS test soon.
Do you have to be positively assessed by ANMAC first before you can register with AHPRA? Please help anyone? Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, happy to talk you through it on skype if you need some help.

ID: theidevelopmentteam
Old Feb 20th 2013, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi that would be great! Are you in UK or OZ just so I know about organising the time to skype. I am in the UK at present. Pls advise. Thanks!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Hey, happy to talk you through it on skype if you need some help.

ID: theidevelopmentteam
Hi that would be great! Are you in UK or OZ just so I know about organising the time to skype. I am in the UK at present. Pls advise. Thanks!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mamoomench
Hi We are still in the UK mid process
Old Feb 20th 2013, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi We are still in the UK mid process
Hi again I'm new to the forum and I would like to ask how to send you a private message instead? Hope you don't mind me doing that? Thanks!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 9:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamoomench
Hi again I'm new to the forum and I would like to ask how to send you a private message instead? Hope you don't mind me doing that? Thanks!
you click on his username and it will take you to his protile. That will contain a link to pm him