AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Sep 21st 2015, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Originally Posted by genorm
You see, this is what REALLY annoys me about this whole thing! AHPRA is there (presumably) to protect Australians as patients and Australian hospitals. It is THEIR protective body against potential law suites. Yet when a hospital wants to know what AHPRA is up to, instead of going and asking AHPRA - they harrass candidates who are most probably in another country.

The clue in this is the "A" in AHPRA - it stands for "AUSTRALIAN".

Maybe you should be advising AHPRA that the hospital concerned doesn't understand it's own processes - there has to be a QA failure in that somewhere!
Yes u have hit the right nail on the head my AHPRA experience would never wish it on my worst enemy at all.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevensarick
Congratulations, getting mine certified on Tuesday and then sending fingers crossed they are as quick, would you say Royal Mail safe enough to use ?
DHL a bit more safe and secure
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had to confirm to the case officer at AHPRA that I needed the extension from 90 days to 12 months for my partner presenting herself and valid ID, it took him 2 weeks to confirm this! I guess it is low priority but even so, they seem very slow. Hopefully you guys will have something soon, I would say no contact is good from my brief experience with them!
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

stevensarick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mgreaves good luck with everything!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Nurse Becky is an unknown quantity at this point

AHPRA application sent off this morning tracked mail. Thought I would feel relieved to see it all gone but now I suppose the waiting game starts.
Can't thank MGreaves enough for all your help.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nurse Becky
AHPRA application sent off this morning tracked mail. Thought I would feel relieved to see it all gone but now I suppose the waiting game starts.
I think you can safely start planning your Christmas before your hear.

I have an RN who submitted in May, told in August everything was OK and would go to the Board in September.

It didn't!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Royal Mail tracked? That is not so great as your tracking only works up to Heathrow Airport, then you hear nothing until it is delivered! Mine got stuck with Aus Post, however if you ring Royal Mail they are able to track it in more detail.

Hopefully everything is correct first time and you will have your registration in 6-8 weeks.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

I can't take all the credit, I've passed on my information but others here have helped me build that knowledge! Also I would not be using these forums if it was not for me finding Zulu2000's post!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nurse Becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mgreaves
Royal Mail tracked? That is not so great as your tracking only works up to Heathrow Airport, then you hear nothing until it is delivered! Mine got stuck with Aus Post, however if you ring Royal Mail they are able to track it in more detail.

Hopefully everything is correct first time and you will have your registration in 6-8 weeks.
The woman at the office said its tracked every step of the way and they will have to sign for it at the other end? Fingers crossed then, either way I fly in 57 days so I'll be looking forward to that now, registration will just be a bonus now
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

The woman at the office said its tracked every step of the way and they will have to sign for it at the other end? Fingers crossed then, either way I fly in 57 days so I'll be looking forward to that now, registration will just be a bonus now
Every step of the way through the UK, once it leaves the UK the tracking website won't show anything until they sign for it. For me it spent a week sat in Sydney airport and I only found this out as I had to ring up and go through several departments! You can use Aus post to track it through Australia, however as soon as mine entered the Aus system it was delivered that day...so the week in Sydney was not logged on either system!

But anyway, as you say you've done all you can now, if you've missed anything you still have time to correct it before you fly! Fingers crossed you get it back ASAP.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

It takes 27 hours to get from London to Sydney. The rest is just 2waste" time!
Old Sep 24th 2015, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Finally my AHPRA application sent had a little hold up with notary, sent by Royal Mail after as the post woman said it would arrive in 5 days and insured so fingers crossed....Thanks you all for your help and advice particularly Mgreaves! Good luck nurse Becky the wait begins for us, will keep updating.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevensarick
sent by Royal Mail after as the post woman said it would arrive in 5 days
The 2nd person in 2 days who has listened to the bad sales information! When you ring up Royal Mail to chase why it hasn't been delivered they will tell you they rely on Aus Post once it gets to Sydney and thus can't guarentee the delivery time.

But anyway that won't cause too much of an issue if there is a delay, congratulations on finally getting it sent off. Assuming everything is there you should have registartion back in a couple months.

As i've said in past posts, hearing nothing seems to be a good sign!

Edit: Oh as I said to Nurse Becky, you can track it using the Aus Post website and your Royal Mail tracking number once it arrives in Sydney, however for me the issue was it got stuck in the airport so by the time it made it to Aus Post it was delivered straight away.

Last edited by mgreaves; Sep 24th 2015 at 2:26 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2015, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Haha I was debating mgreaves remembering your advise but cheapest option already spent an arm and leg, gonna resist tracking it and will hopefully know when they take the money, let's see how patient I can be haha .....
Old Sep 25th 2015, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

... bear in mind also that the post takes considerably longer to travel around Oz than it does in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.