AHPRA AMNAC VISA correct order?

Old May 31st 2014, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

jeffy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHPRA AMNAC VISA correct order?

Hey everyone

So I’m currently waiting on AHPRA it’s been 2 months now and I’ve been told to hang off applying to AMNAC until AHPRA comes through as it’s cheaper... is this correct?

Also do I definitely need to apply to AMNAC? I’m going for the full skilled migrant visa

On the bright side I just got 8's and 9's in my IELTS for those vital 20 extra visa points!!
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

jillyrj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA AMNAC VISA correct order?

Hi Jeffy22

I'm doing it that way round too. Applied for AHPRA months ago - still waiting. When I get that the plan is to apply for modified skills assessment - much less paperwork and cheaper.
I'm not sure whether it still takes 16 weeks for the modified skills assessment compared to the full assessment though....
I thought this was the right way round however there is a recent post on here which states to get AHPRA registration you have to present in person to AHPRA in oz....?! Now i'm just totally confused.
Congrats on your IELTS.
Jilly x
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

If you are hoping to apply for a skilled visa (personally I think this is the best way to go in the long term) then you will need to have your skills assessed by ANMAC.

You don't need to be registered with AHPRA to get a visa, but do need your registration before you start work. It's always been the case that you have to present to an AHPRA office to complete your registration. The letter that ginormous has put on confirms this and also shows that an extension of time to do this us automatically granted.

Good luck 😄
Old Jun 1st 2014, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

jillyrj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
If you are hoping to apply for a skilled visa (personally I think this is the best way to go in the long term) then you will need to have your skills assessed by ANMAC.

You don't need to be registered with AHPRA to get a visa, but do need your registration before you start work. It's always been the case that you have to present to an AHPRA office to complete your registration. The letter that ginormous has put on confirms this and also shows that an extension of time to do this us automatically granted.

Good luck 😄
Please forgive me...I'm so confused!

I read it that only those applying for limited registration present in person? Does this mean that on reciept of AHPRA I'll have to go to Oz in person before I can apply for ANMAC if I want to do the modified skills assessment? (I am aware I can apply to ANMAC now for a full skills assessment but I want to do the modified one).

AHPRA Website blurb:
Medical practitioners applying for limited registration
The Medical Board of Australia requires that applicants for limited registration present in person to an AHPRA office or authorised delegate with their proof of identity. Please contact the AHPRA office for the name of persons who are authorised delegates.

Really appreciate any help.
Jilly
Old Jun 1st 2014, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jilly. I've read your post on the other thread, and as I said it seems that you may not have to present yourself. It may be worth contacting AHPRA direct though rather than waiting for your letter. The majority of people on here seem to either go for a temp visa or go for full skills assessment

Genorm may have more accurate info