British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Age Restrictions - Nursing (child) - Oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/age-restrictions-nursing-child-oz-500908/)

Jacqueline10 Dec 20th 2007 8:12 pm

Age Restrictions - Nursing (child) - Oz

Hello :)

I would like to move to Australia eventually, I am hoping to start the Nursing Diploma Child Branch, March 2008,,

I will be 44 when I complete it, is there any age restrictions for this as it is an Occupation in Demand? or is the cut off 45 and that's it.

Thanks

Jacqueline

Sara W Dec 20th 2007 9:21 pm

Re: Age Restrictions - Nursing (child) - Oz

You must submit your application before your 45th birthday, so get organised and get the application in quick.

It doesn't have to be granted before your 45th birthday, just submitted.

Good luck :)

Sara

Jacqueline10 Dec 21st 2007 7:18 pm

Hi Sara,

Thanks for replying,

Jacqueline:)

tillysmum Dec 21st 2007 9:43 pm

if you are after skilled independent then apply before 45 birthday but if you hit any problems dont panic I'm 46 and got employer sponsorship I have to work for them for 2 or 3 years (diff doc say diff things)

Jacqueline10 Dec 22nd 2007 9:16 am

HI,

Not sure which way i would go at the time as my mam is an Australian citizen now and has lived there for 24 years, its just my age worries me:blink:

jacqueline

Sara W Dec 25th 2007 9:19 am

Just reading post that says you can get visa after 45, this is correct. I meant specifically the permanent visa. As I am 42 (with cats and family in tow) I wanted to know that if I went I had the right to stay. I don't know where you would stand if you went on a temporary, whether you would be able to get it made permanent. Why not contact a migration agent? The initial advice is free.

I have been a member for all the time I have been thinking about and applying for a visa, and in my experience it is typical to get conflicting advice from different people, all of us meaning well.

Look into whether you could apply for a permanent, that way you keep your options open.

The best of luck with it all,

Merry Christmas

Sara :)

tillysmum Dec 25th 2007 12:16 pm

Hi sara yes it is possible to get permanent visa the one I am on ENS is permanent visa. Permanent visa is in my opinion always the best option

cheshiremark Dec 26th 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Jacqueline10 (Post 5689988)
Hello :)

I would like to move to Australia eventually, I am hoping to start the Nursing Diploma Child Branch, March 2008,,

I will be 44 when I complete it, is there any age restrictions for this as it is an Occupation in Demand? or is the cut off 45 and that's it.

Thanks

Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline,
As people on here have said the skilled PR visa's have a cut off age of your 45th birthday. You say you will be qualified when you reach 44, the only problem you will have with this is that to qualify for a skilled PR visa you need to have had 12 months work experience, minimum 20 hours per week, in the previous 24 months. So if you are 44 when you qualify its not possible to gain the work experience you need before you reach 45 :(

However, if you go on a 457, temporary, visa your employer may offer you sponsorship for an ENS after a short probationary period of a few months. You can of course just try to get an ENS but i tried a couple of employers and they said that I would have to go on a 457 for a few months before they would offer me one of them. Though having said that obviously Tillysmum manage to find one so there are employers out there who are willing to offer them :)

Mark :)

cheshiremark Dec 26th 2007 8:42 pm

Actually when I think about it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you need at least 12 months experience with an ENS.

Mark

wren Dec 27th 2007 9:17 pm

When I applied for the ENS visa you had to have three years experience... that may have changed?

JAJ Dec 28th 2007 2:38 am

Originally Posted by cheshiremark (Post 5706469)
Actually when I think about it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you need at least 12 months experience with an ENS.

Mark

Normally 3 years, but can be waived in some circumstances.

RSMS does not normally require work experience.

Jacqueline10 Dec 28th 2007 10:22 am

thanks for the info. muchappreciated.